CPA 51, Giles Co. 48 - Lions Region 5-AA Champs

PageMan

I spent about 30 min entering a post only to lose the entire thing for some unknown reason. I will try again tomorrow morning as it's after midnight now. I want someone to explain why there are so many "Run Time" errors on this site as they are really slowing me down and apparently caused the wrong form to appear as it appeared to be a poll form, maybe, and it did not have a tool bar on it. I am about ready to give up posting here.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Giles Co.......6...18....11..13.....48

CPA............17..13....10..11.....51

CPA Player Stats:

Zaccheus Mason - 31 pts (1 three, 4 of 7 FT's), 5 rebs, 3 blks

Hunter Miller - 9 pts (1 three, 2 of 2 FT's), 2 rebs, 3 assts

Kyle Reeves - 3 pts (1 three), 2 rebs, 2 assts

David Anderson - 3 pts (1 of 2 FT's), 1 reb, 3 assts

Jake Peterson - 3 pts (1 of 1 FT's), 1 reb

Connor Lowery - 2 pts, 2 rebs

Giles Co. Player Stats:

Devin Holt - 18 pts (3 threes, 3 of 5 FT's), 4 rebs, 6 assts, 1 blk

Creshaun Holt - 14 pts, 9 rebs, 1 asst, 2 blks

Artez Franklin - 12 pts, 7 rebs

Derico Brown - 2 pts, 2 rebs, 1 asst

Edward Dartis - 2 pts

Dominique Harney - 2 rebs

Jonathan Alsup - 2 assts

Team Stats:

Three Point Goals: CPA 3, GC 3

Free Throws: CPA 8 of 12 (66.7%), GC 3 of 5 (60%)

Rebounds: CPA 13, GC 26

Assists: CPA 8, GC 8

Blocks: CPA 3, GC 3

Fouls: CPA 9, GC 12

Turnovers: CPA 6, GC 12

CPA led at the end of the 1st qtr, 17-6, as Mason had 10, Peterson had 3 (1 of 1 FT's), and both Miller and Lowery had 2 each while GC's D. Holt had 4 (2 of 2 FT's) and C. Holt had 2.

In the 2nd qtr, GC outscored CPA, 18-13, as D. Holt hit 2 threes, C. Holt had 6, Franklin had 4, and Brown had 2 while CPA's Mason had 10 (1 three, 1 of 1 FT's) and Reeves hit a three as CPA led at the half, 30-24.

In the 3rd qtr, GC outscored CPA, 11-10, as both C. Holt and Franklin each had 4 and D. Holt hit a three while CPA's Miller had 5 (1 three, 2 of 2 FT's), Mason had 3 (1 of 2 FT's), and Anderson had 2 as CPA led after 3 qtrs, 40-35.

In the 4th qtr, GC outscored CPA, 13-11, as D. Holt had 5 (1 of 3 FT's), Franklin had 4, and both C. Holt and Dartis each had 2 while CPA's Mason had 8 (2 of 4 FT's), Miller had 2, and Anderson hit 1 of 2 FT's as CPA won the Region 5-AA Championship, 51-48.

Both teams will advance to the Sectional games on Monday, March 3 at 7 PM. CPA will host and Giles Co. will travel.

Here are the members of the All Region Team:

Lewis Co. - Kyle Tenison

FRA - Shawn Kennedy

Spring Hill - DeAngelo Williams

Marshall Co. - Deshaun Greer

David Lipscomb - Caleb Clayton

Giles Co. - Devin Holt and Artez Franklin

CPA - Hunter Miller, David Anderson, and

MVP Zaccheus Mason

Congratulations to all.

Giles Co.......6...18....11..13.....48

CPA............17..13....10..11.....51

CPA Player Stats:

Zaccheus Mason - 31 pts (1 three, 4 of 7 FT's), 5 rebs, 3 blks

Hunter Miller - 9 pts (1 three, 2 of 2 FT's), 2 rebs, 3 assts

Kyle Reeves - 3 pts (1 three), 2 rebs, 2 assts

David Anderson - 3 pts (1 of 2 FT's), 1 reb, 3 assts

Jake Peterson - 3 pts (1 of 1 FT's), 1 reb

Connor Lowery - 2 pts, 2 rebs

Giles Co. Player Stats:

Devin Holt - 18 pts (3 threes, 3 of 5 FT's), 4 rebs, 6 assts, 1 blk

Creshaun Holt - 14 pts, 9 rebs, 1 asst, 2 blks

Artez Franklin - 12 pts, 7 rebs

Derico Brown - 2 pts, 2 rebs, 1 asst

Edward Dartis - 2 pts

Dominique Harney - 2 rebs

Jonathan Alsup - 2 assts

Team Stats:

Three Point Goals: CPA 3, GC 3

Free Throws: CPA 8 of 12 (66.7%), GC 3 of 5 (60%)

Rebounds: CPA 13, GC 26

Assists: CPA 8, GC 8

Blocks: CPA 3, GC 3

Fouls: CPA 9, GC 12

Turnovers: CPA 6, GC 12

CPA led at the end of the 1st qtr, 17-6, as Mason had 10, Peterson had 3 (1 of 1 FT's), and both Miller and Lowery had 2 each while GC's D. Holt had 4 (2 of 2 FT's) and C. Holt had 2.

In the 2nd qtr, GC outscored CPA, 18-13, as D. Holt hit 2 threes, C. Holt had 6, Franklin had 4, and Brown had 2 while CPA's Mason had 10 (1 three, 1 of 1 FT's) and Reeves hit a three as CPA led at the half, 30-24.

In the 3rd qtr, GC outscored CPA, 11-10, as both C. Holt and Franklin each had 4 and D. Holt hit a three while CPA's Miller had 5 (1 three, 2 of 2 FT's), Mason had 3 (1 of 2 FT's), and Anderson had 2 as CPA led after 3 qtrs, 40-35.

In the 4th qtr, GC outscored CPA, 13-11, as D. Holt had 5 (1 of 3 FT's), Franklin had 4, and both C. Holt and Dartis each had 2 while CPA's Mason had 8 (2 of 4 FT's), Miller had 2, and Anderson hit 1 of 2 FT's as CPA won the Region 5-AA Championship, 51-48.

Both teams will advance to the Sectional games on Monday, March 3 at 7 PM. CPA will host and Giles Co. will travel.

Thanks for the recap. I wish I could have been there.

Were you surprised by the rebound stats? It looks like GC dominated the boards. Also were the CPA guards having an off night?

Thanks for the recap. I wish I could have been there.

Were you surprised by the rebound stats? It looks like GC dominated the boards. Also were the CPA guards having an off night?

Yes, CPA (other than Z) did not shoot well. GC did a good job of contesting shots off drives that CPA normally gets wide open looks on. Also, CPA missed 2-3 layups they should have made due to contested shots. Miller missed jumpers he normally makes and was off from the 3 point range. GC also had a couple of possessions where they got 2-3 offensive rebounds which added to the rebound difference.

But to win a game when you lose by that large a margin in rebounding shows how well CPA is coached and how hard and smart the players play. When GC went in the zone (correctly) to make CPA shoot and control Z, they still were able to be patient and make hard passes into the post or get good looks.

They also played really good pressure defense on the ball which sometimes opens up the offensive rebounding for the other team.

Make no mistake, GC is a good team, but CPA is a little better, IMO.

Why does CPA not get to host the sectional; having to go to a nuetral floor according to the City Paper? A few years ago, Nashville Christian hosted a sectional and used CPAs gym, when they were in the same region, because ours was too small. Are size requirements for AA larger?

I am glad someone finally responded to Pageman. I was afraid you would get a complex that no one cared about all your posts.

Why does CPA not get to host the sectional; having to go to a nuetral floor according to the City Paper? A few years ago, Nashville Christian hosted a sectional and used CPAs gym, when they were in the same region, because ours was too small. Are size requirements for AA larger?

Yep, CPA's gym is 140 too small for 2A sectional. So, when the TSSAA multipies you they expect you to build a new gym as well, or you get penalized for winning the region /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Yep, CPA's gym is 140 too small for 2A sectional. So, when the TSSAA multipies you they expect you to build a new gym as well, or you get penalized for winning the region /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Hopefully (when) NCS wins tonight, then someone can make a call and trade your gym for Hillwood , where we've been playing, for the Sectonal. Your gym is closer to my house 3 miles vs 7.

Miller was off shooting the three maybe 1 for 6 or 7. Other than that Miller and the other guards shot very little. Looked like the game plan was to get the ball inside to Mason. I thought CPA looked very one dimensional in their offense scheme for the night and the guards never really seemed to get into the offensive flow.

The rebounding issue should be a huge concern for CPA. GC just flat out hustled, out positioned and out muscled CPA on the boards. As dominating as Mason was on the offensive end unfortunately he was equally as ineffective on the defensive end and the defensive rebounding. As was some of the other CPA players, but when you have the size and ability of a Mason, 5 boards from Mason is not going to get you far at Murfreesboro.

Yes, CPA (other than Z) did not shoot well. GC did a good job of contesting shots off drives that CPA normally gets wide open looks on. Also, CPA missed 2-3 layups they should have made due to contested shots. Miller missed jumpers he normally makes and was off from the 3 point range. GC also had a couple of possessions where they got 2-3 offensive rebounds which added to the rebound difference.

But to win a game when you lose by that large a margin in rebounding shows how well CPA is coached and how hard and smart the players play. When GC went in the zone (correctly) to make CPA shoot and control Z, they still were able to be patient and make hard passes into the post or get good looks.

They also played really good pressure defense on the ball which sometimes opens up the offensive rebounding for the other team.

Make no mistake, GC is a good team, but CPA is a little better, IMO.

Miller was off from the 3, but only took 3 jumpers for the night, made one, was fouled on the other in which he hit two free throws and missed one. As was stated in a previous post, the game plan was obviously to get Z the ball and make Giles County stop him. CPA was able to win but I think CPA will struggle at Murfreesboro if they do not get all five starters involved in the offense.

I was surprised at the rebounding difference, coachrus, as I thought that Z Mason would have an advantage due to his weight over C Holt. Mason has a great shot from almost anywhere on the court and had three blocks by my count, but really should have had more rebounds on the defensive board.

I am glad that I got some responses to my post, schrisp5, as normally I get very few. I'm used it by now as at least I get some views.

It is a shame that CPA cannot host their sectional and I wish that the TSSAA would consider changing this gym capacity rule. Maybe CPA can remodel their gym to add the 140 seats needed.

I am pleased to announce that I got to this stage of adding a reply without getting a single "Run Time" error. Thanks to coacht or iamoz for correcting those errors. Now here comes the hardest test - clicking "Add Reply"