McMinn Central Chargerettes vs. York

logcabinman

We took some of the girls up to see the Stone Memorial vs York game as well as a couple of nights of 7AA District tourn. We're going to hear a bunch of flap about York and 7AA, but let me say, we're in VERY good shape. This is concerning my thoughts on the two teams as a whole, not one individual. Central has the advantage in speed. Rather foot motion, ball handling, ball motion, defensive rotation, game speed, Central is just faster across the board. Central is deeper. York only subbed one player wih regularity, the 7th off the bench was rare. While Central goes 8-9 deep every game. With regard to Key Players, if you know Central, you know. I'm not going to help scout for York. But as for York. They have one ball handler that will struggle with pressure, a shooter #43, she needs to be set and open, but if left alone can hurt you, their only threat in my book. A post that is over looked, but does grab some boards and score from there. The advantage for York, they are stronger, or appear to be. My prediction for Saturday: Lots of negative comments about our small hot roundhouse, lots of trash before the game about 7AA of yester year, OH!, and Central wins by 20. Seriously, we've had our state tickets and parking passes bought for about 6 weeks now.

I saw that game. Let me tell you, Stone played a good game in the second half. They are tough team to beat on their court. I have not seen McMinn Central play ball, but I would be willing to bet that they will be in the fight of their life with York. On any given night, York, Livingston, and Upperman will play with any team. All teams get hot and go cold. It is the way the ball bounces. You better hope the ball doesn't bounce Yorks way, because all five starters can shoot. My money is on York.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We took some of the girls up to see the Stone Memorial vs York game as well as a couple of nights of 7AA District tourn. We're going to hear a bunch of flap about York and 7AA, but let me say, we're in VERY good shape. This is concerning my thoughts on the two teams as a whole, not one individual. Central has the advantage in speed. Rather foot motion, ball handling, ball motion, defensive rotation, game speed, Central is just faster across the board. Central is deeper. York only subbed one player wih regularity, the 7th off the bench was rare. While Central goes 8-9 deep every game. With regard to Key Players, if you know Central, you know. I'm not going to help scout for York. But as for York. They have one ball handler that will struggle with pressure, a shooter #43, she needs to be set and open, but if left alone can hurt you, their only threat in my book. A post that is over looked, but does grab some boards and score from there. The advantage for York, they are stronger, or appear to be. My prediction for Saturday: Lots of negative comments about our small hot roundhouse, lots of trash before the game about 7AA of yester year, OH!, and Central wins by 20. Seriously, we've had our state tickets and parking passes bought for about 6 weeks now.

thug dadi, It is good you can recognize flapping. Being you have done more this year than anyone from 7-AA has combined. All I can say is that the folks from York would hope the coaching staff from Central takes your assessment and looks ahead to the prepaid parking and no doubt, box seats in Murfreesboro. If your team can do it, more power to you. But I look for a dog fight. Good Luck York!

Well, I won't keep "FLAPPING". All I was doing was stating what I thought. And I still stand by that assessment. But, your right, the game will be decided on the floor. As for our small gym, there's not much we can do about that. Besides, if we can stand it for season after season, surely you can squeeze in for one game, and I really don't know if God has a preference in gym design. Just know that we in Etowah/Englewood are proud of our girls, and they didn't get to 30-2 by being soft. As for Saturday night, hope you have a safe and enjoyable drive down. Look me up at the game. I'll be the one in "blue". /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well, I won't keep "FLAPPING". All I was doing was stating what I thought. And I still stand by that assessment. But, your right, the game will be decided on the floor. As for our small gym, there's not much we can do about that. Besides, if we can stand it for season after season, surely you can squeeze in for one game, and I really don't know if God has a preference in gym design. Just know that we in Etowah/Englewood are proud of our girls, and they didn't get to 30-2 by being soft. As for Saturday night, hope you have a safe and enjoyable drive down. Look me up at the game. I'll be the one in "blue". /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No by all means flap on. I actually like a biased fan with a sense of humor. As I have said I am an LA fan first, 7-AA fan second. Your gym will be fine although your right that some will probably have something to say. As far as Kings post on the gym God would design, pay him no attention right now. He's a good kid and very excited about LA's boys winning the region. And glad to be hosting Central. Looks to be a very good year McMinn Central this year and congratulations. However, I will be cheering for York Saturday and LA Monday. I am thinking of actually going to your game Saturday. If I don't find you then come to Livingston Monday and find me. I'll be wearing BLUE!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

For the most part all my post are tongue-n-cheek. We all should know that there's no real value in what the fans say, and after the games are over, we're still proud of our kids. But as for the game Saturday, it'll be a deliberate play of York against a running style of Central, which one coach from Maryville (the city, not the school) titled, "Full Court, In Your Face, Man-to-man Defense...Borderline Nasty". We kind of liked that. If you do come down Saturday, send me a Message and I'll buy you a hotdog and coke. But don't tell anyone. I like folks to think I'm a thug. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As for the boys. I think they're all just excited to have made it this far. There's not a real "ALL STAR" on the team, just 5 guys playing pretty good team ball. I think that the perimeter play will be even, with the difference being in the two slashing type post of Central against the strong post play of Livingston. I'll make no boast on this game. But this isn't the sight for boys.

It looks to me that McMinn has played a pretty weak schedule. The only really good teams they played they lost to besides Sequatchie. They lost to Heritage and Cleveland. Both of them are very good AAA teams...but LA beat Heritage...and Upperman lost by 7 at Cleveland. I know McMinn is very tough at home...and York does not usually play as well on the road. If York can hit their 3's they have a chance to win. If they don't McMinn will be tough to beat.

It looks to me that McMinn has played a pretty weak schedule. The only really good teams they played they lost to besides Sequatchie. They lost to Heritage and Cleveland. Both of them are very good AAA teams...but LA beat Heritage...and Upperman lost by 7 at Cleveland. I know McMinn is very tough at home...and York does not usually play as well on the road. If York can hit their 3's they have a chance to win. If they don't McMinn will be tough to beat.

I??™m not so sure that your right about Central??™s weak schedule. York has 5 single A teams with a combined record of 46-38, and lost a game to a single A team with a record of 18-14. Central only played one single A team, they had a record of 20-8, but that isn??™t a victory that we??™re really proud of. York did go 3-0 against AAA teams, while Central only managed 5-2. But the 2 AAA teams that York played had a combined record of 16-43. And while Central did play some weak AAA teams, they did get a respectable win against a 20-11 AAA Maryville team. But the most telling part to me, is that York had a record of 15-7 or 68% against AA teams who had a combined record of 150-122 or 55%. While Central went 24-0 or 100% against AA teams with combined records of 172-160 or 52%. So which is better? 68% against 55%, or 100% against 52%?

I??™m not so sure that your right about Central??™s weak schedule. York has 5 single A teams with a combined record of 46-38, and lost a game to a single A team with a record of 18-14. Central only played one single A team, they had a record of 20-8, but that isn??™t a victory that we??™re really proud of. York did go 3-0 against AAA teams, while Central only managed 5-2. But the 2 AAA teams that York played had a combined record of 16-43. And while Central did play some weak AAA teams, they did get a respectable win against a 20-11 AAA Maryville team. But the most telling part to me, is that York had a record of 15-7 or 68% against AA teams who had a combined record of 150-122 or 55%. While Central went 24-0 or 100% against AA teams with combined records of 172-160 or 52%. So which is better? 68% against 55%, or 100% against 52%?

York also beat that A team by 17 later in the season. Look at who Pickett lost to. They are not a bad team. McMinn's strength of schedule is 50...and York's comes in at 13. Strength + Success favors McMinn. Those numbers can be deceiving. I do think York did play a tougher schedule in that they played Upperman and Livingston 4 times each.

They split 2-2 with a very good LA team...and went 1-3 against Upperman. That is what gets my attention. York also beat a very good 26-5 Station Camp team in the region. McMinn did have a good win over Maryville...and another over Sequatchie. There is really not another good win on their schedule even though they did win very easily over weak teams. York is very streaky especially on the road. If they are on...they are tough to beat.

Don't have a horse in the race, however if you don't like traveling to someone elses gym, or you don't like their gym, WIN your region and you can stay home.

I get to see Central some and I will say I believe that they have the talent to win the state, and if the coach would occasionally change from the man D to a zone when the situation required he would not be beat.

I respect that you stand by what you think but in all fairness you didn't get the full picture of 7AA by just seeing our district tournament. LA, Upperman & York have good teams. We give you full respect cause we know your Region always has good teams. York is a scrappy bunch of girls....they fight tooth & nail for the ball. Just some warning.....York will bring it. I haven't watched McMinn this year but I know they have a good team or they wouldn't be setting where they are. Everyone has good & bad games & I don't think you saw both sides of our teams by our district games. York has 2 girls that can shoot the time out of 3's....one girl hit five 3's against us in season play & hit 6 3's in region play(not sure who they played). The other is a triple threat...she handles the ball, shoots the 3, & takes it to the goal. They all can play when they want to. I will let you do your own research /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I will have to agree with you that York doesn't go deep to their bench....that is a big disadvantage cause they are wore down by the last quarter. Don't let that fool you though.....they will jump out early & they can afford to lose points in the last quarter.

King 21...probably not the best comment to make about our gym. I know your excited about hosting Sub but don't bring the bad karma by rubbing the big man the wrong way /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

King 21...probably not the best comment to make about our gym. I know your excited about hosting Sub but don't bring the bad karma by rubbing the big man the wrong way /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't pay any attention to post like this. I'll sometimes ag it on a little. But you can sort of tell when a kid has posted something. And from my experience, 99.99% of the kids that are involved with their high school sports, either playing or managing, or being a fan, are pretty good kids. It's the kids that are outside the system that are the problems. So, King21, boast on, be proud of your school and team. And just to ag it on a little, "You show us how you should build a gym, and we'll show you how you should play in it." /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />