Great DC Teams

23zone

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the 07-08 Choctaws.I know it's hard to compare teams from the past and present. But how does this team compare to the one with Perry Powell and Montrell Crittenden that went to state in the early 2000's?

I would have to say this year's team would have the speed advantage and the depth off the bench but the team from the early 2000's would have the advantage in size! Can't really pick!

The one thing that Butch's teams DO have on this years team are the dunks!!!!!! I saw the video of Jeremy Kimble this year and that was mighty impressive. One of the best dunks I've seen in quite some time was when Dyer Co.'s Perry Powell drove baseline against Gibson Co. and faked the lay in and did a reverse dunk. That was when Coach Bowlin was at GC. That dunk by Perry was one of the most impressive I've ever seen and then Montrelle, Cyrus, Bryan, and even Jonathan Morris could get up! Both teams are very impressive but I give the edge to Butch's team.

i hear what you all are saying about the 2000 team and this one and i have seen them both many times. people, the question was better TEAM ,not better starting 5. butch's team would have had trouble with the 32 minutes of heck going on now. and god forbi d someone should get into foul trouble. when the second wave of mccords marauders hit them they would be tugging shorts and gulping air. no doubt his starting five were better offensively on the perimeter and cyrus was a great rebounder. but his range was a lay-up. as a team mccords men are lightyears better on the defensive end. you all are forgetting all that. hands down this is a better TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hear what you all are saying about the 2000 team and this one and i have seen them both many times. people, the question was better TEAM ,not better starting 5. butch's team would have had trouble with the 32 minutes of heck going on now. and god forbi d someone should get into foul trouble. when the second wave of mccords marauders hit them they would be tugging shorts and gulping air. no doubt his starting five were better offensively on the perimeter and cyrus was a great rebounder. but his range was a lay-up. as a team mccords men are lightyears better on the defensive end. you all are forgetting all that. hands down this is a better TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top to bottom the "Fast & Furious" ! Way more depth ............... not just bodies, but players that can maintain if not add to a lead while giving the starting five a break ! I too more than enjoyed watching the early y2k team (GC I got that dunk you're talkin about in one of my old computers) I took a ton of flix that year. Perry could certainly elevate, Montrel was a "sure 'nuff player & Cyrus was a beast in the paint ! The thing that sets this years team apart is the ability to "sub in" off the bench & never miss a beat ! I've missed the last several games (workin' outta town) but have heard them all ! It's hard for me to say "starting five" beacuse the "bench players" contribute SO MUCH ! Not slighting C.J., Justin (should be Mr BB IMO) or anyone else, but when jackeddie talks about T E A M ................ that's what sets this years group apart from the "Hopkins" team ! Both are / were such a hoot to watch it's hard to put into words, but the

D E P T H & the "D" are what puts this years "model" ahead of the earlier group ! JMHO !

When this thread started I thought I would do the stats for the thread (only did team stats such has Scoring, Opponents Scoring, and Pts Margin all i had was the schedules and scores)

DC '01-02 (the one that was beat by Ridgeway cause Butch let them stall the game)

DC Scoring: 68 pts/game

Opponents Scoring: 48.5 pts/game

Pts Margin: + 19.5 pts/game

Record: 30-4 (Caused by all of the "trouble" Butch and company got into)

DC '07-08

DC Scoring: 88.5 pts/game

Opponents Scoring: 61.4 pts/game

Pts Margin: + 27.1 pts/game

Record: 29-1 (so far)

Well here are the stats i have on those teams! Have fun talking this one out! (also have stats from last year's team and from CJ's Freshman year w/ Pete Froedden as coach post on there if you want to see those stats too also the roster for CJ's Freshman year)

Although I have heard much about this team..I unfortunately was unable to see them..due to living in another state and then being pregnant..since I was sick my WHOLE pregnancy..I was never far from a bathroom Haaa!haaa!!:thumb: Heard they were incredible...still would be hard to top this team..IMO.

I like the old team over this one because Montrell could handle the pressure. Brian Fisk could guard J Blake and everyone on the floor for them could shoot the ball, Cyrus would clean up alot of the boards. Oh yea Perry makes the difference he could get a bucket when needed.

This years team is athletic, quick, and so-so on size. They have a good a chance as any to win the state if they don't do it this year it will be a few more years untill it happens.