Middleton @ "Undefeated" Union City, Comment

uctfan

I am just trying to save u the heartbreak UC may beat Middleton but they will not beat Manassas, Manassas will walk all over Humboldt then if UC wins they will walk all over UC.

ok dude, seriously

there is NO CHANCE Manassas would walk over Union City, MJ would not stand for it

you must had put the school names in the wrong spots or somethin...

they will handle Middleton with ease

and i can say with great confidence that you WILL NOT walk over Humboldt

whoever wins, i say they win by single digits, maybe even as much as 12

but this game IN NO WAY will be a cake walk for either team

i think this game will be much like the UC-HBT game the other night

only it will be more like the first 3 quarters for most of the game

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think UC will have any problem with Middleton. Young team that will have trouble getting the ball upcourt against the UC pressure.

Manassas is loaded with talent, but they're very undisciplined in shot selection. Their perimeter players appear to have never met a shot that they don't like( 3 pointers, long two pointers, you name it). Buckner is a real talent,but is totally misused. There were numerous times throughout the game last night when the Manassas offense would come down the floor as many as 4-5 times in a row and Buckner would never touch the ball. Granted, he was double-teamed a lot --but I never saw an attempt to

set pick to free him up for a shot down low. No patience, just fire up a perimeter shot after one pass, or at the very most two. He is too good a player to be used as a rebounder only. I was impressed with his demeanor--never seemed to get upset at the like of touches. Probably a lot of fish to fry before a possible Manassas/UC matchup, but if it happens I think UC will win by 10 or more IMO.

you are so dumb. dude you dont no anything about Manassas. if you got kids that can shoot let them shoot. When the shooters got hot it made it impossible to triple team buckner. looking from the stands must be easy. and yes reggie play team ball. he get his touches. he also get touches from offensive boards to. if you knew those kids could shoot witch you dont. than you would say the coach only care about reggie he dont let those other kids play. man uc take a 3 almost every play. they are undefeated. what about roy i guess he dont get to shoot also. just because Manassas dont play the way you like dont mean they are playing wrong. reggie got 14pts 14rbds MVP what about atkins 19 and kearney 17 u no nothing.

you are so dumb. dude you dont no anything about Manassas. if you got kids that can shoot let them shoot. When the shooters got hot it made it impossible to triple team buckner. looking from the stands must be easy. and yes reggie play team ball. he get his touches. he also get touches from offensive boards to. if you knew those kids could shoot witch you dont. than you would say the coach only care about reggie he dont let those other kids play. man uc take a 3 almost every play. they are undefeated. what about roy i guess he dont get to shoot also. just because Manassas dont play the way you like dont mean they are playing wrong. reggie got 14pts 14rbds MVP what about atkins 19 and kearney 17 u no nothing.

this dude went to summer school because he flunked coloring. lol!!! Freak this im back who ever want some come and get it.

this dude went to summer school because he flunked coloring. lol!!! Freak this im back who ever want some come and get it.

Please Legend, at the top right of the reply screen is a button that has a check mark with ABC over it - it is call the spell check button, real easy to use and makes it easier to understand what you are trying to say.

First of all, I root for UC in the tournament, if UC loses, then Humboldt. If Humboldt loses, then West Tennessee, that includes Manassas.

Please Legend, at the top right of the reply screen is a button that has a check mark with ABC over it - it is call the spell check button, real easy to use and makes it easier to understand what you are trying to say.

First of all, I root for UC in the tournament, if UC loses, then Humboldt. If Humboldt loses, then West Tennessee, that includes Manassas.

Thanks for the info on the spell check button. I have never noticed it not that I need it. One percent of the time their is a word that I may doubt.

If Humboldt can stay calm and not get caught up in the moment and they certainly will have the opportunity to get caught up in it in Memphis,they will be fine...People talk like Manassas is the second coming...If Humboldt had the great fortune of playing in a very weak district they would be owning it also...You folks that have seen Manassas since Dec.29th have seen a very good team play weak teams,putting it as bluntly as possible...They have not been extended past the first quarter many times,if at all since before Christmas...That will make a big difference,especially if it is close in the 4th quarter....Humboldt is not MASE,Middle College,Fayette Acd and so on and so forth...As for Humboldt's game with Middleton at the first of the year,forget about it...Humboldt's football players were just coming back,plus I don't remember the last time Humboldt did much in those HOF games...You guys discounting Humboldt remember this....These seniors on the team have never NOT BEEN to Murfreesboro...They had to go on the road and beat Tyler Smith the last season they were in AA ball..They know what it takes to get there...Does Manassas???...The Westside players have an idea...

As for the Tornadoes...Middleton is a storied program..They have a tournament experienced,multiple state title winning coach..They may not be as dominant as some of their previous teams but it would be a huge mistake to play them down or take them lightly....Problem for Middleton though is we got all the same credentials sitting on our bench..We got seven seniors who have shown guts and tons of heart this year....They have had some luck along the way,you never get to a 33-0 record without some luck but 95% is all out work ethic and talent and coaching...I don't look for Union City to put one of those 90-something to 50-something beatdowns on the Tigers..Truth be told if we come out of Monday nite up by one point that will be fine with me...The goal is the state championship game..The goal is that 5th Gold Ball..Right now it isn't as important how much we win by as it is just to win...I just hope these kids get an opportunity to play on that MTSU floor...I hope that the rest of the state gets to experience what we all that have seen them play over the years have experienced..March 15th could be a very special day for athletics at Union City High School...There is one thing that is for sure going to happen on that afternoon and there are two other things that could very well happen and the attention of the entire state would be on Union City and the Tornado Nation...

As for predictions...I want Humboldt to win very badly...My head tells me that going to that Memphis gym and playing Manassas in their enviroment is alot to ask of any team...I thoughtPeabody was a better team thanWestside last season but I also think they got intimidated by their surroundings..All things being equal and if this was on a neutral court or in Humboldt,I'd say Humboldt would win...That home court advantage is going to be worth 10-15 points,I guarantee you that....My heart says Humboldt but my noggin says Manassas 75- Humboldt 71.....

I think Union City will win their game with Middleton by 15-20 points..I'm sure the Tiger faithful will snatch up all of their 250 alloted tix...If the state title game in which Middleton beat Peabody for the championship and the number of fans that came and watched first Middleton,then Bolivar is any indication I know Middleton will bring a ton of fans..This is going to be a hard ticket to get...The season ticket holders get first shot then the school's faculty and players families get next shot...It will be packed from floor to ceiling and it will be packed as soon as those doors open up...There is nothing like a sectional(substate)game at Union City....Union City 88 Middleton 69....

[/quo

I am a UC fan and will pull for them . Manasses will not be a cake walk for anyone. UC will hammer Middelton by as much as the coach the coach allows them ...I say UC by 35. But I thought UC was the second comming ..least it seems that way from listening to the UC faithful. Seems like Basketball was invented in UC and UC has a naismith finalist...how many highschool teams in the USA can say that..none but UC. UC's only real challange from this point forward is Manasses and I still call it a tossup. Whoever wins that matchup wins State...that simple. UC might have an edge with daddy Sisco helping out. I have said it on here before....when the old man feels the need to step in and take over he will. Seen him do it against Mitchell. The old man is a legend and make no mistake about it he means more to taht program than people think. The son has a long way to go to fill the old mans shoes.

I am a UC fan and will pull for them . Manasses will not be a cake walk for anyone. UC will hammer Middelton by as much as the coach the coach allows them ...I say UC by 35. But I thought UC was the second comming ..least it seems that way from listening to the UC faithful. Seems like Basketball was invented in UC and UC has a naismith finalist...how many highschool teams in the USA can say that..none but UC. UC's only real challange from this point forward is Manasses and I still call it a tossup. Whoever wins that matchup wins State...that simple. UC might have an edge with daddy Sisco helping out. I have said it on here before....when the old man feels the need to step in and take over he will. Seen him do it against Mitchell. The old man is a legend and make no mistake about it he means more to taht program than people think. The son has a long way to go to fill the old mans shoes.

Yeah about two more championships..Shane is as good a coach as there is around..Make no mistake about that...

BTW...Union City is the First Coming.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

For those new to the site..."The old man" is Marty Sisco and he assists Micheal Hart(Played college ball at UTM) and Shane Sisco on the Union City coaching staff...Shane being the head coach..Marty has won three state championships at Union City after coaching for years at the old Kenton High School...Marty is out of fulltime coaching now and has a successful business in Union City....Shane has one state championship under his belt as of now....

AS for Manassas,I'm sure they are good....They just haven't been challenged in two months and not because they are just so dominant..It's because they haven't played anybody in that time...No fault of their own because the district and region is so weak this year...

Maybe Legend can help me out on something I have been wondering about....They are 32-4 or 5 however you want to look at it...They have played in 4 invitational,out of state tourneys and other tournaments and played 32 regular season games....I thought you were only allowed to play in two of those tournaments..They had 14 games they played in tournaments...That's alot of games...How did Manassas get around that rule??...Another question...I'm not real familiar with the City Championships in Memphis...Why didn't Manassas play in that??