AP #2Humboldt -VS- Manassas

Legend

Don't worry Legend...I haven't went anywhere...Just wasn't waiting by the computer for your every comment...I've actually already left a comment on the Single A Championship thread...

I listened to the 2nd half on the radio when I got off work....Humboldt was shooting threes almost every time down the court (very uncharacteristic) and they were getting outrebounded in the worst way...

Announcer said he hasn't seen Humboldt outrebounded that bad in 4 or 5 years...When you aren't boxing out guys as big as the ones Manassas has, it will make it very difficult to win...Combine that with Humboldt's horrible shooting and Manassas hot shooting and what do you expect??

Manassas is more athletic and probably a better team than Humboldt, but not 30 pts. better...I promise you that..

The Manassas 17-0 run in the 3rd is what beat Humboldt...It was only a 12 point game at halftime...Very much in Humboldt's reach...

Also, Manassas was not going to beat Humboldt by 40....Buckner was in and out throughout the 4th and Payne was in mostly the whole 4th quarter...With 2:18 left in the fourth, every starter for Manassas was on the floor with a 22 point lead...Manassas wanted to run it up...They knew the Vikings weren't on their game and they had a chance to build a huge lead on the #2 ranked team...

Legend, I'm not sure what you think you are going to get out of this...I'm guessing you are wanting me to break down and tell you how right you were??? You won't get that from me...Good Luck with UC...They've played just as tough of a schedule as you have and they don't have 5 losses to show...

It's interesting to see how winning can show one's lack of class, but we already knew that about you Legend..

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, you are 1 of the few that no something about ball. People said if Lake Co was in that region they would win it. lol!! Manassas will beat UC because UC should have lost to Lake Co twice this year at Lake Co and in the region. Lake Co dont have close to the talent and dept as Manassas. At lake co everbody in the gym knew MJ would take that shot what did they do leave MJ open on a simple out of bounds play. In the region Lake Co missed 6 freethrows and 4 layups late in the 4th that could have sealed the deal. UC beat them by 6. Manassas will not give you the game UC will have to kill them to beat them. Manassas is the best team in the state peroid. UC has not played the teams Manassas has played. Dyer Co tried to play UC but UC was scared. UC people are too cocky and they will cry next I hope they draw Manassas 1st so they wont even get the silver ball.

Now that is really funny. "Legend" calling UC cocky..... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

UC and everyone on Here is too Cocky when their team is winning but let that team get a butt kicking and they are no where to be found. It all comes down to this Every schools fans and Players can get on here and Brag and get all cocky and make Smart A@@ coments, but thats has no outcome on how the game turns out. but Like i have said in the Uc Middleton post All being cocky dose for u is when u do and it will happen get that butt kicking it just makes u look flat out stupid it all comes down to who wants it most. So when that last buzzer goes and ur on the wrong side of the butt kicking let the tears flow and book ur trip to Mexico so No one can find u. But as far as If Manassas meets up with Uc I really Hope Uc Gets that butt kicking yes manassas fans may not be the most humble but look they really haven't ever been there before but as far as Uc act Like u have been and u Have yall should know better. And In my opinion That makes u the Worst team in that match up. So let the player settle the Rest of this on the court. It doesnt matter how many Gold Balls u have in that gym those Gold Ball wont put another in there so forget the past and prove ur the best on the court and not on here .

Don't worry Legend...I haven't went anywhere...Just wasn't waiting by the computer for your every comment...I've actually already left a comment on the Single A Championship thread...

I listened to the 2nd half on the radio when I got off work....Humboldt was shooting threes almost every time down the court (very uncharacteristic) and they were getting outrebounded in the worst way...

Announcer said he hasn't seen Humboldt outrebounded that bad in 4 or 5 years...When you aren't boxing out guys as big as the ones Manassas has, it will make it very difficult to win...Combine that with Humboldt's horrible shooting and Manassas hot shooting and what do you expect??

Manassas is more athletic and probably a better team than Humboldt, but not 30 pts. better...I promise you that..

The Manassas 17-0 run in the 3rd is what beat Humboldt...It was only a 12 point game at halftime...Very much in Humboldt's reach...

Also, Manassas was not going to beat Humboldt by 40....Buckner was in and out throughout the 4th and Payne was in mostly the whole 4th quarter...With 2:18 left in the fourth, every starter for Manassas was on the floor with a 22 point lead...Manassas wanted to run it up...They knew the Vikings weren't on their game and they had a chance to build a huge lead on the #2 ranked team...

Legend, I'm not sure what you think you are going to get out of this...I'm guessing you are wanting me to break down and tell you how right you were??? You won't get that from me...Good Luck with UC...They've played just as tough of a schedule as you have and they don't have 5 losses to show...

It's interesting to see how winning can show one's lack of class, but we already knew that about you Legend..

Ask everbody who was at the game. Yes payne buckner and others were in the game but up 30 in the 4th Manassas went into a stall offense. lol!! If manassas kept running and gunning in the 4th they could have won by 40. You say Humboldt was shooting 2 many 3s, well what else do you do when your down 30 in the 3rd when everytime you go to the @@@@ Buckner or somebody else blocks it. you talk about Humboldt not rebounding. you think it was that easy to box out buckner with his 19rbds. I guess Manassas was just supposed let Humboldt box them out. lol!! Manassas was much more physical. Epperson is a beast but i recall everybody saying Buckner would not dominate him. Well 23pts 19rbds 8blks later what do you think now lol!!! Yes you should eat crow and say i was right. you not saying it after all the smack you said over the last few days when i said nothing shows your lack of class. you cant help it cause you was brought up that way. lol!! Humboldt was good but in memphis they would be just another team. UC, Manassas will play them in a phone booth. with the tssaa in the house last night buckner made a strong case for Mr. Basketball.

congats Manassas

they played on a complete different level than Humboldt did

they deserved to win the game

maybe yall can do what we didnt do the past 3 years... win the championship

but with UC in the way... i still doubt it

humboldtguy I feel you and no your butt is still sore from last night. Humboldt people brought signs in. they thought the game was won win humboldt jump up 5 to 0 in the 1st. lol!! mid way threw the 3rd all the humboldt signs were down. the car keys start to come out. lol!!! you would have thought they were ants leaving the building. lol!! if you was at the game you no Buckner is better than MJ Brown. Has UC ever been up 30 on Humboldt this year. doubt manassas now thats what makes for a better butt wooping when they see you. lol!!!

Legend, you've got to figure of course Humboldt is going to play a close game with Union City. They only play each other 4-5 times a year! I'd guarantee you if that was the case between Humboldt and Manassas it'd get closer each time. You won't agree but oh well. Manassas has been nothing until this year. All I've heard of Manassas before this year is how they would come up to Trenton or Milan for homecoming in football every year and get that butt STOMPED! This is Manassas's year to shine in basketball and most likely next year as well, don't let it get to your head because you as well as the UC faithful will be brought back to reality eventually.

Legend, you've got to figure of course Humboldt is going to play a close game with Union City. They only play each other 4-5 times a year! I'd guarantee you if that was the case between Humboldt and Manassas it'd get closer each time. You won't agree but oh well. Manassas has been nothing until this year. All I've heard of Manassas before this year is how they would come up to Trenton or Milan for homecoming in football every year and get that butt STOMPED! This is Manassas's year to shine in basketball and most likely next year as well, don't let it get to your head because you as well as the UC faithful will be brought back to reality eventually.

I could reverse the roles and say and honestly mean that I don't see how in the world Middleton could play with Manassas for a half and still only lose by 19 in the Regional Finals.

No disrespect to Middleton, but honestly, they were prob at least a 5th place team or worse in 14a.

We have seen some awesome years in the past from them and I am sure that they will back in the not so distant future.

You are bringing up comparison points that work both ways Legend.

Congratulations to Manassas...a very good basketball team. ..... Having seen Manassas now twice and UC several times I'm still not convinced that Manassas can beat UC. The pressure Humboldt tried to apply last night was nothing compared to what you'll see from UC. If anyone can beat UC it will be Manassas. I hope the two meet in the Boro for the championship Because I'm going to be there. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win.

It would be a crime and a shame should UC and Manassas to get stuck on the same side of the bracket, in Murfresboro!

It would appear, on paper, that these are two best teams in Class A. Therefore, they should be on opposite sides of the bracket......Needless to say, I don't like this whole "random draw" crap, that TSSAA uses as a means of making out the Championship brackets. To me, it's a bunch of nonsense. "Seedings" is the better way, IMO.

Just like Gibson Co Boys Team gets stomped. lol!! Its Hard to get out of Memphis all those teams like Humboldt would be average teams in Memphis. Manasas has been a good team just blike the NBA the worst playoff team in the west could beat the best team in the east. That Memphis ball compared to GC.

Tell the GC boys I got some great fish bate for them. lol! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I could reverse the roles and say and honestly mean that I don't see how in the world Middleton could play with Manassas for a half and still only lose by 19 in the Regional Finals.

No disrespect to Middleton, but honestly, they were prob at least a 5th place team or worse in 14a.

We have seen some awesome years in the past from them and I am sure that they will back in the not so distant future.

You are bringing up comparison points that work both ways Legend.

Manassas beat Middleton by 40 the 1st time they played this year also. Everybody say the more you play a team the closer they get well Manasas played Middleto 4 times also. Really I just think the Manassas players get board sometime nowing when a Team dont have a chance in H3ll of beating them. Now UC aint never ripped Humboldt apart like we did. lol! thats the differance. By the way Middletom coach said the same thing when we beat them by 40 the 1st game. Middleton has no D. Its hard to hit 21 3s with pressure in your face like you will see from Manassas.

Legend, to be honest, your pretty stupid, dude...I'll gladly come up to you and shake your hand in Murfreesboro (IF YOU CAN AFFORD THE TRIP THERE TO WATCH YOUR TEAM) and let you know who I am. You bash kids and a school you know NOTHING about! You talk about boys basketball, I'll gladly put our girls team up against ya'lls girls. You'd see an old fashioned butt whooping in a heart beat. I'm sure your Manassas team is very good, I've yet to see them play this year. I WILL be in Murfreesboro watching and I guarantee you if Manassas loses at state, I'm going to let you hear about it everytime I see your name on these boards!

Manassas beat Middleton by 40 the 1st time they played this year also. Everybody say the more you play a team the closer they get well Manasas played Middleto 4 times also. Really I just think the Manassas players get board sometime nowing when a Team dont have a chance in H3ll of beating them. Now UC aint never ripped Humboldt apart like we did. lol! thats the differance. By the way Middletom coach said the same thing when we beat them by 40 the 1st game. Middleton has no D. Its hard to hit 21 3s with pressure in your face like you will see from Manassas.

Humboldt played Union City four times.

Middleton played Manassas four times.

Humboldt just lost to Manassas.

Middleton just lost to UC.

After Humboldt played Manassas the fans that were there said that Manassas would have there hands full with UC.

After Middleton played UC Middleton's coach said:

"It'd be a great game and hopefully,one we'll all get to see in the finals of the state tournament. Manassas would have a huge size advantage,but Union City is quicker. Both teams are deep. I think ultimately,though,Union City would run Manassas down. I've never seen such an exhibition of 3-point shooting as I did tonight. They were just unbelievable shooting the ball. We don't have the best ballhandlers to start with,and it's hard to make 30 or 40 foot passes against them because they are so quick. They just guard so well and so close. We're used to playing a little uptempo,but our fast is about 70 points a game.Union City's fast is about 120 points a game."

This is not being arrogant, just stating what has been said.