Josh Sain??™s MTSU basketball career over

Midstate

Powell did sign and play with the Gators for one year. He didn't play much at all as a freshman but shouldn't have expected to either with a NCAA championship team in place. He left after his first year.

I think I heard he was going to Marshall but I'm not sure.

He was also suspended indefinitely for marijuana. He is at Marshall now.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one am really dissapointed. I pray that Josh turns it around.....quickly!!! Josh had it made I guess in high school....he had many people within arms reach of him that helped keep him in the straight and narrow. There is alot of pressure at these big schools and if your not self motivated, disciplined, and goal oriented, you may not make it at that level.

He was also suspended indefinitely for marijuana. He is at Marshall now.

He came to Florida because of coach Donovan. Then, after his freshman year, Brandon Powell and Brandon James (KR for football team) were caught in a police sting buying marijuana. Billy basically told him to hit the road.

Its a shame to see these great athletes getting in trouble while in college. I guess you dont realize what you have got until it is gone.

This is sad to hear about Sain and to hear what happened to Powell. I don't want to say that people can be unappreciative of what they got, but that is what it seems like is happening. If you could just be humble and think for a minute and realize, wow i haven't been given a scholarship to play a sport i love for free with the chance to further my career in sports and get a college education, but instead you sacrifice it all and throw it away. Just doesn't make sense. There are many more athletes out there that do not receive scholarships and would love to be in these other kids shoes but can't, but i know if they could be, they would do everything they could to protect that scholarship and their dreams. This is a real disappointment, but good luck to Sain and Powell! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />