Alcoa 2008 Schedule

Better not take Spring Hill for granted. I say this as their NEW Head Coach is a former Rankin assitant who ran his Freshman team that tended to go undefeated every year. Coach Scharsch knows Rankin's system and if it has a weakness he WILL exploit it.

Yawn..................................... /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

Well atleast there is the Maryville game to look forward too! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

-BlountCountySportsFan

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(thesmartestpersonalive @ Mar 5 2008 - 05:05 PM)

I believe the contract between Alcoa and BTW was three home games for five thousand dollars.

Wrong. Really, you are not even close.

The contract is a three year contract with all three games at Alcoa. Now monetarily I might be incorrect but I am almost positive that the figure is not larger than the one I mentioned, but If I am inaccurate I would appreciate you telling what the figures are so that I can become better informed.

If I *could*..............I'd make the 2008 schedule look like this: /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Aug 22 Spring Hill H

Aug 29 Maryville A

Sept 5 Wartburg A

Sept 12 Open

Sept 19 Riverdale H

Sept 26 Oliver Springs A

Oct 3 CAK A

Oct 10 Sweetwater H

Oct 17 Knox Catholic A

Oct 24 Rockwood H

Oct 31 Loudon H

Hey osk,

Good to see you back on the boards. How'd your move go? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

MOVE WENT GREAT, MAN THEY LOVE THEIR FOOTBALL HERE IN BAMA, ID LIKE TO SEE A COUPLE OF BORDER WARS WITH SOME TENNESSEE/ALABAMA SHCOOLS . I HEARD MUSCLE SHOALS JUST HIRED A HEAD COACH FOR $82,000 A YEAR AND HE DOESNT EVEN TEACH JUST CUTS GRASS

• 2 weeks later...

yea, like some of these teams:

William Blount, Fulton, A-E, Catholic, Webb, O-R, Bearden, D-B, McCallie, Ooltewah, Farragut.

Any one of these teams would be a great game!

Yea ..I cant understand why Rankin would not renew contract with Fulton .. I thought the crowds at both places in 2005 and 2006 were good crowds .. Alcoa came to Fulton and beat them bad in 2005 and then Fulton won a close game at Alcoa in 2006 .. Alcoa is a great place to watch a game .. they have a nice stadium atmosphere .. I know it sent Fulton having to scramble for a game last season and was able to get Oak Ridge or Morristoen East in place of Alcoa .. but for Alcoa to want to play a team from WEST TENN who are terrible makes no sense ... Alcoa can play with anybody .. has and will still be able to for years to come ..as a Fulton fan I was hoping to enjoy the games for next few years.

Yea ..I cant understand why Rankin would not renew contract with Fulton .. I thought the crowds at both places in 2005 and 2006 were good crowds .. Alcoa came to Fulton and beat them bad in 2005 and then Fulton won a close game at Alcoa in 2006 .. Alcoa is a great place to watch a game .. they have a nice stadium atmosphere .. I know it sent Fulton having to scramble for a game last season and was able to get Oak Ridge or Morristoen East in place of Alcoa .. but for Alcoa to want to play a team from WEST TENN who are terrible makes no sense ... Alcoa can play with anybody .. has and will still be able to for years to come ..as a Fulton fan I was hoping to enjoy the games for next few years.

This keeps coming up from the Fulton people. Heres the REAL deal. Fulton wanted the game in week zero. That would have put Alcoa playing Fulton and Maryville back to back in week 0 and week 1. Alcoa and Rankin wanted the game, BUT not in week 0. Fulton did not want t0 re-arrange their schedule. Nothing could be worked out. Fulton got Oak Ridge to play them in week 0. A bad mistake on Fulton's part. Your better of playing you tougher games later in the season, especially if you are a smaller school.

So, other than Fulton that wanted the game in week 0, no other schools in the east TN wanted to put Alcoa on there schedule.

But I do agree Fulton and Alcoa should play every year. Both have great team and fans that travel well. The game in 2005 was not much to watch, but in 2006 that had to be one of the all time classics!

This keeps coming up from the Fulton people. Heres the REAL deal. Fulton wanted the game in week zero. That would have put Alcoa playing Fulton and Maryville back to back in week 0 and week 1. Alcoa and Rankin wanted the game, BUT not in week 0. Fulton did not want t0 re-arrange their schedule. Nothing could be worked out. Fulton got Oak Ridge to play them in week 0. A bad mistake on Fulton's part. Your better of playing you tougher games later in the season, especially if you are a smaller school.

So, other than Fulton that wanted the game in week 0, no other schools in the east TN wanted to put Alcoa on there schedule.

But I do agree Fulton and Alcoa should play every year. Both have great team and fans that travel well. The game in 2005 was not much to watch, but in 2006 that had to be one of the all time classics!

Fulton didnt want to play a week 0 game ... they always start slow and need the practice time .. the only reason they had a week 0 game was that they couldnt get another ... Fulton wanted to play Alcoa in the same spot as previous 2 years but Alcoa wanted to play White House instead ... Im thinking that Rankin has a favor to return there or a friend there ..who knows .. we probabaly heard two different stories .. yea that 2006 game was a grwat game .. Alcoa came out like gangbusters ..Fulton QB started shaky .. they put the 2nd string guy in and then Rogan showed his stuff .... I was glad we didnt have to fact Warren and Lindsay again .. those kids were very tough ... I can remeber seeing a scrimmage at Clinton when Fulton went against Alcoa ... Linsday ran over Jam Fine and handed him the ball ... Fulton returned the favor when Tyrone Cobb ran overa Aloca defender and handed him the ball .. there were alot of great players on that field that day ....

Fulton didnt want to play a week 0 game ... they always start slow and need the practice time .. the only reason they had a week 0 game was that they couldnt get another ... Fulton wanted to play Alcoa in the same spot as previous 2 years but Alcoa wanted to play White House instead ... Im thinking that Rankin has a favor to return there or a friend there ..who knows .. we probabaly heard two different stories .. yea that 2006 game was a grwat game .. Alcoa came out like gangbusters ..Fulton QB started shaky .. they put the 2nd string guy in and then Rogan showed his stuff .... I was glad we didnt have to fact Warren and Lindsay again .. those kids were very tough ... I can remeber seeing a scrimmage at Clinton when Fulton went against Alcoa ... Linsday ran over Jam Fine and handed him the ball ... Fulton returned the favor when Tyrone Cobb ran overa Aloca defender and handed him the ball .. there were alot of great players on that field that day ....

LOL! I love it, I'd loved to have seen that scrimmage!

Yes sir, Fulton and Alcoa has had some serious talent the last 5 years! Another reason they need to play year in and year out. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Talk about a sea of Maroon!