CAK @ Farragut

govols14

Not whining, just disagreeing (which happens alot on these boards, too!). I think some of my boys got a little "ruffled" though. But that is good. Teaches character. No harm here, Pimp (though I always feel weird replying to "pimp" but that is another issue /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ). Hope to see you at the game.

oh haha i'm sorry bigg, i guess pimp today doesn't mean what it used to you can call me any other part of my online name if that makes you feel better?

thank you elmer, i will continue to post haha

haha ok so maybe i'm not all knowing about tn soccer but iv been around long enough to put in my two cents i guess

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben Backstrom called this morning and was highly upset that we were going to mess up his complex by playing in the rain, so Coach Culbreth and I decided to move it to tomorrow (Wed.) at 4:30.

(Ok... just joking about the Backstrom thing, but serious about the time and date change)

Dang I really wanted to play today..but I must admit tomorrow would be a better day for it. See you then G

Yeah, especially when the sun is shining right now, but I know that there is some more rain on the way. The field would have been so sloppy though, and hopefully it might dry out a bit by tomorrow. Seeyou then!

Final score was 2-0 in favor of Farragut. Good clean game on a slippery pitch. Farragut has a lot of depth, and even did one of their "death squad" substitution line changes of old today!

I really enjoy playing this team. While we didn't win, and Farragut showed some great play, I was very encouraged and impressed with our team as well. I play this caliber of team to expose anything that needs to be exposed, and then try to make adjustments. If I can't do them in the game, then I work on them in practice. I noticed that Coach Culbreth played almost all of his players, in many different positions which is his norm for scrimmages. With some of my guys sick, or coming back from the flu, I tried some of my guys in some roles that really tested them, and some really stepped up. Matt Warren did a really good job on the flank, so if you are reading this Matt, be encouraged!

We had some chances and some moments, but Farragut really looked good, especially for the first part of the second half. I look for them to go far this year again. It is always my pleasure to play you boys, and I will see you on May 1st!

Final score was 2-0 in favor of Farragut. Good clean game on a slippery pitch. Farragut has a lot of depth, and even did one of their "death squad" substitution line changes of old today!

I really enjoy playing this team. While we didn't win, and Farragut showed some great play, I was very encouraged and impressed with our team as well. I play this caliber of team to expose anything that needs to be exposed, and then try to make adjustments. If I can't do them in the game, then I work on them in practice. I noticed that Coach Culbreth played almost all of his players, in many different positions which is his norm for scrimmages. With some of my guys sick, or coming back from the flu, I tried some of my guys in some roles that really tested them, and some really stepped up. Matt Warren did a really good job on the flank, so if you are reading this Matt, be encouraged!

We had some chances and some moments, but Farragut really looked good, especially for the first part of the second half. I look for them to go far this year again. It is always my pleasure to play you boys, and I will see you on May 1st!

Thanks for the good game coach, its always fun to play you guys even when you do fall every time you kick the ball. Haha.

Good luck this season

It was a very good game. I was very impressed with the way Farragut came out. They did a great job possessing the ball in the second half and had two very nice finishes. They are a very fast team that does a great job talking and working together, overall a very good team. I thought that CAK didn't really play with the same fire and passion that they have in the past, with the exception of a few players (I know its just a scrimmage but there is no reason not to give your all every time you play?). But CAK has alot of potential and talent. BigG, i was very impressed with the passion, fire and heart that number 4, 2, 15 played with., (NO IM NOT SAYING THAT EVERYONE ELSE PLAYED BAD, THOSE ARE JUST THE PLAYERS WHO STUCK OUT TO ME.) good luck to both teams

It was a very good game. I was very impressed with the way Farragut came out. They did a great job possessing the ball in the second half and had two very nice finishes. They are a very fast team that does a great job talking and working together, overall a very good team. I thought that CAK didn't really play with the same fire and passion that they have in the past, with the exception of a few players (I know its just a scrimmage but there is no reason not to give your all every time you play?). But CAK has alot of potential and talent. BigG, i was very impressed with the passion, fire and heart that number 4, 2, 15 played with., (NO IM NOT SAYING THAT EVERYONE ELSE PLAYED BAD, THOSE ARE JUST THE PLAYERS WHO STUCK OUT TO ME.) good luck to both teams

You gotta remember this is a very young team. The Farragut "aura" can be quite intimidating to some, yet my boys will have to get over that if they want to advance this year. You are right, so much is about desire and passion. But at this juncture, we are still getting used to each other and in the positions that we are playing. With 5 new starters this season, I was proud of them. We aren't where we need to be yet, but I know that we will work our hardest to get there.

Good luck Farragut. Let me know how the Catholic game goes tomorrow.

I actually didn't make it out to this one, so I can't give my "objective" perspective, but I wanted to say to sacrifice that there is nothing wrong with what you said above. If this gets some of the guys you didn't mention fired up, then isn't that the point? Get that passion flowing!

I did get a good report from my insider, though... Heard some good things about the defense and that our outside midfielders know how to defend the posts on a corner kick! Well done and good discipline to stay there until your keeper releases you!