District 3A

thekid03

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will come down between harriman and rockwood again, like it has the past 8 or 9 years. Every time they play each other it will be close games. But im givin the edge to rockwood cause there 1 and 2 pitchers are better than harrimans 1 and 2. Cause thats all each teams going 2 see is there other teams best pitcher in tourny time. And i also feel like rockwood has better bats 2. Cause rockwoods big stick #17 killed harriman last year. HAd like 3 or 4 bombs against them last year.

The team you don't you know about is Grace. They have been steadily improving the past two years. They are starting to get more players in there and they eventually will be the next CAK. You also have no idea who they picked up in the offseason. I too agree it will be Rockwood and Harriman but better keep an eye on Grace Christian.

The team you don't you know about is Grace. They have been steadily improving the past two years. They are starting to get more players in there and they eventually will be the next CAK. You also have no idea who they picked up in the offseason. I too agree it will be Rockwood and Harriman but better keep an eye on Grace Christian.

Rockwood is the team to beat. they have a ton of talent. everywhere you look, talent.

Harriman is next in line, pryor johnson and pass are the leaders

Grace usually has a respectable team, but not on the same level as rockwood and harriman

Rockwood will definitely be the team to beat in that district and region. I believe both Rockwood and Harriman will advance to state this year. Harriman has not been able to get over the hump by beating Unaka the past two years to keep them from the state tourney.

My picks out of 4A are Coalfield #1 and Wartburg #2. I am pretty sure Rockwood would beat either soundly. Harriman has enough to beat both as well but probably would be closer match-ups.

Statements like "You also have no idea who they picked up in the offseason." sort of just fuels the public/private school debate doesn't it. I know Harriman and Rockwood haven't "picked up" any new talent.

Ok, obviously i'm a ram fan, but i tell the facts and leave it at that. Unless you know something i dont, i don't see grace doing much better than they did last year. They really havent picked up anyone out of this world good this season. And all ur hinting about gettin someone new just fuels people to believe that Grace recruits, but they dont. As far as pitchers go, losing Hedgepath is tough, and unless Infeild can do just as good, i dont see grace going any farther than last year. sorry

Statements like "You also have no idea who they picked up in the offseason." sort of just fuels the public/private school debate doesn't it. I know Harriman and Rockwood haven't "picked up" any new talent.

Sure does...unless you are Coalfield and get transfers EVERY year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Rockwood played well yesterday against McMinn Central. i think the game was tied when rockwood subbed as did central and they score 3 or 4 runs. breazeale skidmore and allen all has good hits. clem walked as usual. duncan and breazeale both pitched well. rockwood plays greenback tonight in their pre season tournement.

Its about time people started telling it like it is. When it comes to private schools they have an UNFAIR advantage!! The playing field is not even! Privates have the advantage of being able to reach out to all areas and zones around them to pull in players. Technically its not recruiting, but its the equivalent of recruiting. Its simple: public schools can only play kids that grow up in their area (or transfer in by moving into the zone). Right now Rockwood is a good example. They have some of the best talent in the state in single A but only because of a freak occurrence of nature. It just so happens that all their good players happened to be BORN in rockwood at the same time! None of their players are recruited from other areas, transferred in from other zones, etc... So the only way that rockwood (or any public school) can be dominate is to have a great group of players be born at the same time or have a sudden influx of transfers. I have watched those kids play there ever since they were in dixie youth ball and they are good. But next year they all graduate and the pipeline is very dry for a long time to come! Rockwood's dominance will end when this group of seniors graduate and the tiger dynasty will be dead for a long time.

Now look at a private school like Grace. They dont have a zoned area! Any kid that can make it to class on a daily basis can come and play there! All you have to do is pay for (or get someone to fund ) your schooling. Therefore they can have players from austin east, karns, bearden, farragut, halls, kingston, rockwood etc etc. Anyplace in the area that is within driving distance! This gives privates an advantage that can't be overcome by public schools! And to hear those cry baby privates complain when ppl accuse them of recruiting! It may not be recruiting from a purely legal viewpoint, but I know parents that have gotten together from travel ball and taken their kids to private schools for the very purpose of building championship teams! And that is fact, not hearsay.

The bottom line is: anyone from anywhere can play at a private school as long as they can muster the money to play there, but public schools can only play the kids that happen to be born in their zone. And unless you are in a highly talented zone, you are stuck with what is there, you cant go out and talk some of your son's travel ball players into enrolling in your school next yr unless they move there! That is not a requirement for privates! Go to any private school and look at where the kids come from. I know kids in roane county that drive to knoxville to attend private schools every day. They may pass 3 or 4 or more schools on their way, but its perfectly legal because privates arent zoned to only have kids from their immediate area.

The TSSAA has got to kick all privates out and let them compete with each other. That is the only solution. Then they can recruit each other silly and have a good time. Meanwhile, the public schools can play on an even playing field.....FINALLY!