Grace Christian Academy

DCBoysfan

I have to agree that Grace is second to the other privates in the area, but you can't deny perception is changing....I do think that these schools have the tradition factor on Grace, but it is growing extremely fast...I can name numerous kids that have transferred in for football and I haven't seen a lot of kids come to the other privates from AE before for in basketball.....All three would love to have some of the Grace hoopers right now.....And considering Grace really only loses Wannamaker, Grace will compete with Catholic for the top of the class of private school basketball in Knox next season....

Congratulations, Grace on going to the state tournament. The atmosphere at the game was great and the fans also should be commended in the support of their team. I would guess 90% of the student body was at the game, and gym was rocking.

Best of luck as you go forward.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Irish for letting them know who I rep.. I just know the person who all are complaining about. Its just funny how all of something, this Grace team makes it to the State tournament and then people want to get on here and complain about them having illegal players.

The player in question played at this same school last year and this topic wasn't brought up. Why is it being brought up now? Come on now, don't hate on them for making history.

And since you're questioning my christianaity, if you didn't know no one is perfect so I guess we all sinners... But look I didn't say anything about someone being a sinner because I called them a hater. Just get off them Grace and show them some love because they're doing something that hasn't been done in school history.

Most of you are just hating on them because they're going to the state.

But like I said, the player you all are questioning, played last year and why is this topic being brought up now?

HATERS DATS WHAT IT IS....

Congratulations, Grace on going to the state tournament. The atmosphere at the game was great and the fans also should be commended in the support of their team. I would guess 90% of the student body was at the game, and gym was rocking.

They will loose to a team out of the West.....

thanks at least someone isnt negative about making history

Isnt Hampton one of the biggest schools in Carter County anyways? I really doubt that a couple of Cloudland and Unaka kids are going to make much of a difference...

There are 5 high schools in CArter Co. Imagine that pool of kids. It is real defined as to where they go to school and if they transfer, there better had been a move by the parents. It has happened, families moving to get thier kid in another school. Thats how we do it, not jsut "charging" someone 6K to come to the school. Thats were there is a difference.

Someone said ,nearly all the kids on the team have been at Grace since 4th grade, then they went on to say ,with the exception of this one , that one and the other one. The question is ,just how many on the team has come in in the last 4 years. From what I understand ,its nearly all the starters, and on another note, just who did pay the way for AW.

can i ask u y ur even posting what team do u represent ?? all u do is cause problems

cn I ask y u typ lke ur sndng a txt? or why you joined yesterday to join the conversation.

I represent whats fair. And like I have said earlier , with the exception of my first post (which I will admit may have been slightly sarcastic and out of line) I have only commented on the statements made by Grace fans as to how they can LEGALLY play a kid who is being boarded , supported and having his tuition payed by a member of the church affiliated with the school. I don't KNOW that this is happening , THEY said it was , but like you have always heard who are they? All I know that if it is they are breaking the rules. Are they really doing it to be christian like and help a young man better his life? Probably , but it is still against the rules.

you know what grace may have made it to the boro but they might as well plan on leaving the 1st day. these teams from the westside r gunna kill yall!!!!! naw i aint gunna hate i jus like talkin crap cause it motivates them to win. i use to go there so i dnt wanna start trouble. ive known some of those players for a while and i hope yall win it all. go rams

Isnt Hampton one of the biggest schools in Carter County anyways? I really doubt that a couple of Cloudland and Unaka kids are going to make much of a difference...

Hampton is the 3rd largest school in Carter County. Elizabethton has around 250-300 more kids, Happy Valley has around 175-200 more kids, Unaka has about 150-175 less kids, and Cloudland has about 175-215 less kids. I am not sure on the exact numbers, those are just estimations. You must not know much about Cloudland this year. If you could have combined Jordan Hughes and Bret Stockton from Cloudland with Bobby James and Justin Bentley, you would have a very good team...