Marshall County Tigers

TigerGuy

Dang it vandy1 it was my goal to keep it a SECRET /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As for Class 3A from for the next four years following this upcoming season I see things shaking out as follows:

Region 4

White House

Greenbrier

East Robertson (playing up): they learned their lesson in 2005-2006-2007

Trousdale Co. (playing up): they've already shown that they will do whatever it takes to avoid the privates

Smith Co.

Livingston Academy

Macon Co.

DeKalb Co.

Region 5

Cheatham Co.

Sycamore

Harpeth (playing up): they learned their lesson in 2005-2006

Spring Hill

Marshall Co.

Montgomery Central

Pearl Cohn

Both Waverly Central & Stewart Co. are jumping up to Class 3A but they will likely be placed in Region 6 with Lexington, McNairy, JSS, Bolivar, etc. I don't know what East Hickman or Hickman Co. will do so don't ask /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

David Lipscomb will go back to 2A with the loss of the multiplier and they'll join Goodpasture. Other 3A privates that will drop as well include Knoxville Catholic and Notre Dame.

CPA, DCA, FRA, and Ezell will all go back to Class 1A as a result of this very same thing.

Notable 3A schools that are moving on after this year will be Station Camp, Creek Wood, and Giles Co. Springfield will be a borderline 3A-4A school enrollment wise but I don't think they are going to drop. Other notable 3A schools that will make the jump due to their enrollment numbers include both Dyer Co. as well as Knoxville Fulton.

Page is electing to play up to Class 5A in the years to come to ignite region rivalries with their area schools. This list includes Franklin, Independence, Brentwood, Centennial, & Ravenwood.

Look for Station Camp to jump all the way to Class 5A and do the same thing with their area rivals (Hendersonville & Gallatin).

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang it vandy1 it was my goal to keep it a SECRET /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As for Class 3A from for the next four years following this upcoming season I see things shaking out as follows:

Region 4

White House

Greenbrier

East Robertson (playing up): they learned their lesson in 2005-2006-2007

Trousdale Co. (playing up): they've already shown that they will do whatever it takes to avoid the privates

Smith Co.

Livingston Academy

Macon Co.

DeKalb Co.

Region 5

Cheatham Co.

Sycamore

Harpeth (playing up): they learned their lesson in 2005-2006

Spring Hill

Marshall Co.

Montgomery Central

Pearl Cohn

Both Waverly Central & Stewart Co. are jumping up to Class 3A but they will likely be placed in Region 6 with Lexington, McNairy, JSS, Bolivar, etc. I don't know what East Hickman or Hickman Co. will do so don't ask /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

David Lipscomb will go back to 2A with the loss of the multiplier and they'll join Goodpasture. Other 3A privates that will drop as well include Knoxville Catholic and Notre Dame.

CPA, DCA, FRA, and Ezell will all go back to Class 1A as a result of this very same thing.

Notable 3A schools that are moving on after this year will be Station Camp, Creek Wood, and Giles Co. Springfield will be a borderline 3A-4A school enrollment wise but I don't think they are going to drop. Other notable 3A schools that will make the jump due to their enrollment numbers include both Dyer Co. as well as Knoxville Fulton.

Page is electing to play up to Class 5A in the years to come to ignite region rivalries with their area schools. This list includes Franklin, Independence, Brentwood, Centennial, & Ravenwood.

Look for Station Camp to jump all the way to Class 5A and do the same thing with their area rivals (Hendersonville & Gallatin).

Your pattern of your post give you away. You know just too much and you share too much knowledge. Its a sickness you know. What happened to that name you were going to use? One poster said that Creek Wood wasn't moving. I thought that was a given on the move the same as Giles County. If the multiplier goes away, I don't think Lipscomb will move back to 2A. Harpeth to 2A, it would make good geographical since to join Region 5 but are they ready? Is the multiplier going away. My sources have not stated that there was even any consideration. As for Goodpasture, that is only a guess of mine after talking to some of the folks over in Madison. How's the fanpage developing?

Your pattern of your post give you away. You know just too much and you share too much knowledge. Its a sickness you know. What happened to that name you were going to use? One poster said that Creek Wood wasn't moving. I thought that was a given on the move the same as Giles County. If the multiplier goes away, I don't think Lipscomb will move back to 2A. Harpeth to 2A, it would make good geographical since to join Region 5 but are they ready? Is the multiplier going away. My sources have not stated that there was even any consideration. As for Goodpasture, that is only a guess of mine after talking to some of the folks over in Madison. How's the fanpage developing?

THE NAME GOT DITCHED DUE TO UNFORTUNATE CIRCUMSTANCES /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If (or should I say WHEN) they drop the multiplier there's no way that Lipscomb's enrollment will meet the required minimum to stay in 3A. If Lipscomb is 3A for the next four years to come then it will only be because they elected to play up at the 3A level. The same goes for Goodpasture (who missed the 3A number by 1 student last time).

Creek Wood will not move up as I stated earlier. Last year their student total was at 971 and now the total is at 935. CW is losing 210 seniors to graduation this spring and the incoming freshman class is 213. That would put Creek Wood at 938 at the start of next year. THEY WILL STAY!!!!

With both David Lipscomb and Goodpasture at 2A there's no way why I would see Harpeth remaining in 2A. They would be placed in the same region as those two no question about it. The Indians would jump to 3A. Trousdale Co. will jump just as they did in 2001 when they were 2A enrollment wise and played up to 3A. East Robertson will jump to 3A as well next go around. THAT IS A FACT!!!!

Station Camp & Page are both gone. SC will be 4A enrollment wise but they will elect to play 5A. Page is electing to play 5A with a 3A student body. WHY????? I have no idea but it's not my decision so therefore it's none of my concern.

What happens to Giles Co. and Springfield if they increase the cut-off number????? Do both of them drop to 3A??????

REGION 4-3A

East Robertson

Greenbrier

White House

Livingston Academy

Trousdale Co.

Smith Co.

Macon Co.

DeKalb Co.

If Springfield drops they'll also be a part of this region.

REGION 5-3A

Creek Wood

Cheatham Co.

Sycamore

Harpeth

Marshall Co.

Spring Hill

Montgomery Central

Pearl Cohn

If Giles Co. doesn't jump they'll also be a part of this region.

IT'S A LONG WAY DOWN THE ROAD FOR THIS THING TO GET WORKED OUT BUT RIGHT NOW THERE'S MY GUESS WITH THE FACTS THAT I HAVE BEEN GIVEN!!!!!!

THE NAME GOT DITCHED DUE TO UNFORTUNATE CIRCUMSTANCES /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If (or should I say WHEN) they drop the multiplier there's no way that Lipscomb's enrollment will meet the required minimum to stay in 3A. If Lipscomb is 3A for the next four years to come then it will only be because they elected to play up at the 3A level. The same goes for Goodpasture (who missed the 3A number by 1 student last time).

Creek Wood will not move up as I stated earlier. Last year their student total was at 971 and now the total is at 935. CW is losing 210 seniors to graduation this spring and the incoming freshman class is 213. That would put Creek Wood at 938 at the start of next year. THEY WILL STAY!!!!

With both David Lipscomb and Goodpasture at 2A there's no way why I would see Harpeth remaining in 2A. They would be placed in the same region as those two no question about it. The Indians would jump to 3A. Trousdale Co. will jump just as they did in 2001 when they were 2A enrollment wise and played up to 3A. East Robertson will jump to 3A as well next go around. THAT IS A FACT!!!!

Station Camp & Page are both gone. SC will be 4A enrollment wise but they will elect to play 5A. Page is electing to play 5A with a 3A student body. WHY????? I have no idea but it's not my decision so therefore it's none of my concern.

What happens to Giles Co. and Springfield if they increase the cut-off number????? Do both of them drop to 3A??????

REGION 4-3A

East Robertson

Greenbrier

White House

Livingston Academy

Trousdale Co.

Smith Co.

Macon Co.

DeKalb Co.

If Springfield drops they'll also be a part of this region.

REGION 5-3A

Creek Wood

Cheatham Co.

Sycamore

Harpeth

Marshall Co.

Spring Hill

Montgomery Central

Pearl Cohn

If Giles Co. doesn't jump they'll also be a part of this region.

IT'S A LONG WAY DOWN THE ROAD FOR THIS THING TO GET WORKED OUT BUT RIGHT NOW THERE'S MY GUESS WITH THE FACTS THAT I HAVE BEEN GIVEN!!!!!!

It has been Lipscomb 's approach to go where the TSSAA puts them (Class wise) I would be terribly surprised if the TSSAA does away with the multiplier before the 2009 season. They had a discussion on the 2009-2013 classification at their last board of control meeting. I guess we'll have to wait for their big meeting in June in Franklin to find out whats going on. As for Page, this is quite curious on their jump to 5A. I was told, they were looking for the big gate games that the Williamson County schools can produce and that Coach Daniels was hoping to implement his wide open pass happy offense to make them competitive in the beginning while waiting for the defense to develop within the weight room using the same approach that he took at Brentwood and Ravenwood. Its a surprising move. Perhaps your old friend Bulldog69 can fill in the gaps in our theories. And all of this has what to do with the Marshall County Tigers?

I wonder what 2A or 3A schools would now want to drop back down to their original classification.

It has been Lipscomb 's approach to go where the TSSAA puts them (Class wise) I would be terribly surprised if the TSSAA does away with the multiplier before the 2009 season. They had a discussion on the 2009-2013 classification at their last board of control meeting. I guess we'll have to wait for their big meeting in June in Franklin to find out whats going on. As for Page, this is quite curious on their jump to 5A. I was told, they were looking for the big gate games that the Williamson County schools can produce and that Coach Daniels was hoping to implement his wide open pass happy offense to make them competitive in the beginning while waiting for the defense to develop within the weight room using the same approach that he took at Brentwood and Ravenwood. Its a surprising move. Perhaps your old friend Bulldog69 can fill in the gaps in our theories. And all of this has what to do with the Marshall County Tigers?

I wonder what 2A or 3A schools would now want to drop back down to their original classification.

Was able to confirm that there will be a vote at the June TSSAA Board of Control meeting in Franklin on whether to keep the multiplier or not. The vote is expected to be close.

If Giles moves up to 4A then they would in all likelihood be placed in the same region with Tullahoma, Shelbyville, and Lawrence Co.

Hey vandy1, the June vote will be close but I would be willing to bet anything that 3A and 2A coaches will vote in an overwhelming fashion to drop the multiplier. Dropping Knoxville Catholic, Notre Dame, and David Lipscomb clears the way to the Blue Cross Bowl for teams like Austin East, Pearl Cohn, White House, Crockett Co., Dyersburg, and Mitchell.

THIS IS ESPECIALLY TRUE WHEN YOU SEE THAT JUMPING UP TO A 4A ENROLLMENT THIS GO AROUND WILL BE TEAMS LIKE FULTON, STATION CAMP, AND DYER COUNTY.

1A coaches will overwhelmingly vote to keep it as is because right now without CPA, DCA, FRA, & Ezell Harding at 1A the class is basically pretty weak in the midstate area. Mt. Pleasant & Jo Byrns are good teams but they would get slaughtered on a consistent game-to-game basis against those private schools.

How will the Class 4A and 5A coaches vote????? I'd bet 4A coaches will vote for it to go away just to avoid any of the 3A privates jumping up to 4A with the additions of their current multipliers being added into the mix.

I hate to put it like this but look at 2A with Alcoa, Knoxville Catholic, Notre Dame, Goodpasture, David Lipscomb, Milan, Huntingdon, Camden, Lewis Co., and Westview.

Then.......... Look at 1A with the additions of DCA and CPA /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

There's no question that Class 3A becomes much more possible to win for schools that have been very close the last couple of years but haven't quite broken through (ie Pearl Cohn, Mitchell, Dyersburg, and Austin East).

AS FOR MARSHALL COUNTY THEY WILL HAVE ANOTHER GREAT YEAR UNDER SECOND YEAR HEAD COACH DON THOMAS & COMPANY!!!! Braden is a possible region MVP candidate and Morris is a very effective quarterback. Murphy may be the best defensive player in the entire region. He is a beast.

If Giles moves up to 4A then they would in all likelihood be placed in the same region with Tullahoma, Shelbyville, and Lawrence Co.

Hey vandy1, the June vote will be close but I would be willing to bet anything that 3A and 2A coaches will vote in an overwhelming fashion to drop the multiplier. Dropping Knoxville Catholic, Notre Dame, and David Lipscomb clears the way to the Blue Cross Bowl for teams like Austin East, Pearl Cohn, White House, Crockett Co., Dyersburg, and Mitchell.

THIS IS ESPECIALLY TRUE WHEN YOU SEE THAT JUMPING UP TO A 4A ENROLLMENT THIS GO AROUND WILL BE TEAMS LIKE FULTON, STATION CAMP, AND DYER COUNTY.

1A coaches will overwhelmingly vote to keep it as is because right now without CPA, DCA, FRA, & Ezell Harding at 1A the class is basically pretty weak in the midstate area. Mt. Pleasant & Jo Byrns are good teams but they would get slaughtered on a consistent game-to-game basis against those private schools.

How will the Class 4A and 5A coaches vote????? I'd bet 4A coaches will vote for it to go away just to avoid any of the 3A privates jumping up to 4A with the additions of their current multipliers being added into the mix.

I hate to put it like this but look at 2A with Alcoa, Knoxville Catholic, Notre Dame, Goodpasture, David Lipscomb, Milan, Huntingdon, Camden, Lewis Co., and Westview.

Then.......... Look at 1A with the additions of DCA and CPA /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

There's no question that Class 3A becomes much more possible to win for schools that have been very close the last couple of years but haven't quite broken through (ie Pearl Cohn, Mitchell, Dyersburg, and Austin East).

AS FOR MARSHALL COUNTY THEY WILL HAVE ANOTHER GREAT YEAR UNDER SECOND YEAR HEAD COACH DON THOMAS & COMPANY!!!! Braden is a possible region MVP candidate and Morris is a very effective quarterback. Murphy may be the best defensive player in the entire region. He is a beast.

Sounds like athletic gerrymandering, or or trying to "engineer" a state championship. Just my humble opinion.

SND