Temple

yomomma

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, First I hope they would put Union City and Manasses in different brackets but you never know. Second, it really doesn't matter who Union City will play first round so it might as well be Temple.

There is no way you can play with Union City first of all. We play 10 to 12 deep and I mean not playing just a few minutes. Our players 8 throught 12 can start on most teams in the state and what we do is start out with five, play them 4 minutes or so, put in 5 more, play them til the quarter ends, then change out again. Now, another thing, Union city has about 10 guys who can fill it up from outside to the inside..

This is why we are and have been # 1 in the poles ALL year.

Union City has defeated this year the former AAAAA Arkansas State Champs, Missouri AAAAA former State Cahmps and then the AAAAAA Georgia former state champs all in the Poplar Bluff Missouri ShootOut this past holiday season.

We are 3 games away from winning it all and We can play with anyone, the question is can your team "Temple"....don't think so.

You will be shell shocked.

This sounds like the same kind of smack you UC fans talked last year. How did that work out for you?

Union City has defeated this year the former AAAAA Arkansas State Champs, Missouri AAAAA former State Cahmps and then the AAAAAA Georgia former state champs all in the Poplar Bluff Missouri ShootOut this past holiday season.

Because Tennessee is such a bad basketball state and all...

Cocky, arrogant, and screwed if you lose.

I for one hope UC and Manassas play first game! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Every school in the tourney would like that also. lol!! Midtensportsfan you wont to see a weak finals and believe if Manassas and UC are opposite the Finals are already set.

This sounds like the same kind of smack you UC fans talked last year. How did that work out for you?

They didn't make it out of the Regions last year, but they're in the big show now....Don't matter how much trash the fans have talked...These kids keep coming out and winning....No matter how much you want them to lose....

I actually would love to see Temple repeat last year's title! But, I do not see them making it past the second round at state, depending on who they draw for the first (all the weak teams will be eliminated in the first round). They have already exceeded non Temple fans' expectations by making this far but I think their run is short lived.

Temple just barely beat Grace in the district championship and just barely beat CSAS in the region championship. They also did not have a very convincing win against a weak Westmorelaned team. It took them three attempts against Grace and CSAS to finally get a win against both of them. They will not get three attempts any more against good teams (Westmoreland was not a good team, no offense). The wins Temple had recently were all because Jeremy Sexton put the team on the his shoulders and scored career high buckets. Temple should match up against teams like Jackson County fine but how are they going to fare when they have to go head to head against Union City or Manassas? They simply do not have the experience in coaching, on the floor, or off the bench to win against really good teams. Can Jeremy Sexton carry the team on his sholders to a another state championship? He is probably the best player in the state but if the other players do not step up and help, Temple will have a blank space on the wall where another large team photo should be.

Just my humble and honest opinion. I hope they win it but I do not see it as a likely outcome.

Didn't they have an ineligible player last year?

One of their basketball players was still attending a school in North Georgia while participating in spring football practice at Temple. Whether that was a violation, who knows, they didn't get penalties for basketball as far as I remember.

Just my 2 cents worth: YES Temple did cheat their way to a state title last year, and NO, Jackson County won't beat Temple, or any other team in the tourny, I doubt. You've never been there. Temple has. Alot. And that helps more than you know.

My primary relationship with Temple is that two of my best clients send their kids to school there, so I attend a few games. Get over the "cheating" allegation. All charges against Temple were related to football only, and while my firm did not represent Temple, I know the attorney who did. Ronnie Carter cleared Temple's basketball program, so take you petty gripes up with him.

No as we all know according to the Chattanooga times Skogen was there illegally but Temple sent in a late and very "timely" W-2 for coach Skogen who himself admitted that they were trading out his salary for his son's tuition. THAT IS ILLEGAL!!!!! Oh and sorry to burst your bubble but Temple would not and could not beat JC and that is FACT BABY!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It is not against TSSAA rules for volunteer coaches to receive a tuition break . The IRS might have an issue with the delay in issuing a W-2 but there are lots of schools that provide tuition breaks to coaches.

Tennessee Temple has a great shot in the state tournament. They guard very well, can shoot the three ball, have the best player in the state in Jeremy Sexton, and they are all JUNIORS!!! Can they repeat????

i am a CSAS who actually would like to see temple repeat, region 3 is always a pretty good region who could send 3 teams each year to the tourney (if possible)

since CSAS got put out by Jackson county i would hope that UC and manassas get put in opposite sides of the bracket and see Temple play JC first, i think Temple can go again but it will take more than Sexton to do it kemp really needs to step too