Riverdale tournament

bhsbaseballfanatic08

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of a few teams in the Riverdale tournament but does anyone know all of the teams ???

Arlington

Bartlett

BGA

Blackman

Brentwood

Brentwood Academy

Cascade

Centennial

Clarksville

Clarksville NW

Collierville

Cookeville

Dyer County

Goodpasture

Harriman

Hendersonville

Houston

Lavergne

Lebanon

Mars Hill, Alabama

Mercer County, Kentucky

Mt. Juliet

Nashville Christian

Oakland

Richland

Riverdale

Shelbyville

Siegel

Smyrna

Tullahoma

Springfield

USJ

Valle Catholic, Missouri

Vianney, Missouri

Warren County

Wilson Central

Some current SEC players who have played in the Warrior Spring Classic:

Alabama: Josh Rutledge, Cullman, Alabama

Arkansas: Logan Forsythe, Memphis, Tennessee

Kentucky: Logan Darnell, Goodpasture

Ole Miss: Zach Miller (greatest high school player I have seen...) - Houston

Drew Pomeranz - Collierville

Mississippi State: John Lalor - Houston

Tennessee: Cody Brown - Farragut, Blake Forsythe - CBHS, Jared Frazier, Shelbyville, Josh Liles, USJ, PJ Polk, Oakland, Bryan Powell, Farragut

Vanderbilt: Caleb Cotham, Mt Juliet, Drew Fann, Oakland, Richie Goodenow, Overton, Taylor Hill, Mt Juliet, Mark Lamm, Loretto, Mike Minor, Forrest, Jonathan White, Shelbyville

The 2007 MLB draft:

First overall pick, David Price, Blackman and Vanderbilt

#28 pick in the first round, Ben Revere of Lexington Catholic

Supplement pick #39 - James Adkins, Wilson Central and Tennessee

Second round, #79 pick - Zack Cozart, Collierville and Ole Miss

and 11 others just from the state of Tennessee were drafted last year.

And the list goes on and on. I have had the great privilege of seeing some great ball players over the years, from Jeremy Slayden to Riverdale's own Wayne Kendrick - who is Wayne Kendrick you ask? He is now the single-season hit record holder at Middle Tennesse State University with 100 last year. He is 6th in career batting at MTSU with a .363 average. Tied for 10th in career triples with 7. Tied for 6th all-time in assists with 403. Has the 5th high single-season batting average in school history at .405 - Tied for 6th in runs scored in a season with 62. Third-most at-bats in a season with 247. Third most doubles in a season with 22. Sixth-most total bases in a season with 143. Third in most sacrifice bunts in a season with 9. 3rd and 5th most assists in a season with 189 and 181. And he was named to the 2007 Sunbelt All-Conference and All-Tournament teams.

Between Zach Miller and Wayne Kendrick I have had the luxury of seeing two of the greatest high school second basemen to ever play the game in the state of Tennessee. The great thing about baseball? Zach Miller is listed at Ole Miss as 5-7 and 175 and Wayne Kendrick is 5-6 and 150 pounds yet hit in the 3 hole for MTSU most of the year last year in his senior season. Wayne also holds the Tennessee single-season (.978) and career (.963) fielding percentage record.

Here is more on Zach Miller: http://www.collegebaseballinsider.com/Jour...rnals/zm08.html

And I have see some other great players over the years like Brian Morris, Kyle Waldrop, Michael McKenry, heck that entire Farragut team!, Kyler Burke, and some great USJ vs Goodpasture games and met some great people over the years!!!

And this year will again feature some future draft picks and some future college players and even some future doctors, lawyers, coaches and who knows what else.... Looking forward to a great 15th Warrior Classic! Hope to see ya there!

23 current players at Middle Tennessee State have played in the Warrior Spring Classic:

Justin Miller, Bearden

Tyler Burnett, Oakland

Taylor Dennis, Rossview

Zach Hudson, Overton

Doug Birkhofer, Oakland

Bryce Brentz, South Doyle

Grant Box, CBHS

Nathan Hines, Oakland

Rawley Bishop, Houston

Ben Darlington, Tullahoma

Blake McDade, Ooltewah

PJ Francescon, Ravenwood

Drew Robertson, Ravenwood

Steven Watson, Oakland

Kevin Whitaker, White House

Jud Stoltz, Marshall County

Wes Caldwell, Lexington Catholic, KY

Kenneth Roberts, Siegel

Zach Dean, Lavergne

Justin Jones, Riverdale

Matt Doss, Germantown

Matt Yurus, Rossview

Jeremy Rice, Beech

I have to say kudos to the Riverdale team again - that is one heck of a great lineup. I've been a regular to the tournament for years and I will absolutely be in attendance again. For those of you who have not made the short trip to the Boro (or the surrounding hosted locations) - I highly suggest you make it. You won't find a better run tournament anywhere.

Arlington

Bartlett

BGA

Blackman

Brentwood

Brentwood Academy

Cascade

Centennial

Clarksville

Clarksville NW

Collierville

Cookeville

Dyer County

Goodpasture

Harriman

Hendersonville

Houston

Lavergne

Lebanon

Mars Hill, Alabama

Mercer County, Kentucky

Mt. Juliet

Nashville Christian

Oakland

Richland

Riverdale

Shelbyville

Siegel

Smyrna

Tullahoma

Springfield

USJ

Valle Catholic, Missouri

Vianney, Missouri

Warren County

Wilson Central

Vianny Missouri is the 2004 and 2006 Class 4 (Largest Classification)

State Champion of Missouri,

http://www.vianney.com/athletics/baseball/baseball_news.html

and Valle Catholic lost in the semifinals of Missouri's Class 1 state tournament

last year. http://www.mshsaa.org/Activities/ChampionshipEvents.aspx

This is a awsome tourn. We (Bartlett) had so much fun last year. Not only did we get to see some great baseball but we had the pleasure of meeting some really nice people. We are looking forward to the trip again this year.

This is a awsome tourn. We (Bartlett) had so much fun last year. Not only did we get to see some great baseball but we had the pleasure of meeting some really nice people. We are looking forward to the trip again this year.

Thanks for the kind words! Make sure ya bring the bus driver back again when ya come for your first of two visits to Murfreesboro this year /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Here is the schedule: http://www.riverdalewarriors.com/baseball/...ic-schedule.pdf

• 3 weeks later...