Riverdale tournament

bhsbaseballfanatic08

You know t33, even after a good night sleep and time to ponder, I still come to the conclusion that Oakland's actions were nothing but cowardly (game called in the mist with USJ up 5-2 still at bat in the top of the 5th with the field in good condition - bring out the tarp to avoid the loss - real gutsy !) Doesn't really reflect too well on the whole tournament for one of the host field coaches to pull such a move. Teams are traveling good distances b/c of the reputation of this tournament???

USJ.....talking about REPUTATION? Now THAT is HILARIOUS!!

PLEASE Make sure all your players PAID their little tuitions this month....... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PLEASE Make sure all your players PAID their little tuitions this month....... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

This doesn't have anything to do with tuition payments. This has to do with not playing 4 more outs and finishing a game. In West Tn we have played 7 inning games in the conditions that were just like last night.

You know if I didn't think my own team and coach acted in a cowardly way, I would be defending their actions instead of changing the subject. Honestly, the conditions were sooo bad that even 1/2 inning couldn't be played for a complete game??? Ain't but one smell coming from that and it kinda smells like fear. I can understand your delema though-trying to defend actions that have no good defense. BTW it's really not that interesting to discuss the financial aspects of a student athlete-now admittedly there was an incident years ago that b/c of self reporting stripped USJ of a state title. But even that is not near as fun to discuss as is how one team ran away from the other team with their tails tucked.

hasbeen - you need to do like your name implies and give this topic a rest.

Anyone over here on this thread more sympathetic to your whining? Didn't think so.

So, if we could have played one more half-inning, why did the umpires stop play to begin with? Did you see Oakland's coach give a secret sign to the umpire because he wanted to quit playing? Maybe there's some other mind reading info you'd like to share with everyone.

You're a whiner, and you need to move on.

Anyone over here on this thread more sympathetic to your whining? Didn't think so.

So, if we could have played one more half-inning, why did the umpires stop play to begin with? Did you see Oakland's coach give a secret sign to the umpire because he wanted to quit playing? Maybe there's some other mind reading info you'd like to share with everyone.

Im sure both of these teams will be there in the end of the year in there class.

When did I whine-I simply stated the fact that Oakland cowardly covered their field in the top of the 5th inning with the score 5-2 USJ up and refused to finish the game even though the conditions were very playable (any other rainouts last pm??). If you think the coach wasn't behind that decision then you are truly dense. You know, it really sounds more like a forfeit if not a loss by the Patriots. No I'm not whining, just calling a spade a spade. Surely, you didn't expect to have no fallout after such a gutless decision.

Your teardrops are falling on deaf ears, grandmaw.

USJ 5 Oakland 2 Top of the 5th Oakland coach "forfeits", wimps out, pulls the tarp, tucks tails and runs - doesn't even have the decency to discuss with USJ coach. Whose crying, just don't think such a gutless act should go unnoticed. I mean just take your pants down, take your spanking and get over it. Don't wimp out and claim rainout. I think deep down you are probably a little embarrassed too aren't ya??

centennial went 3-0 in pool play with a win over mt juliet 6-4. Where did they come from?

Scores can be found at: http://www.riverdalewarriors.com/baseball/scoreboard.pdf

http://www.riverdalewarriors.com/baseball/scores.pdf

because it rained harder at some places then others, we were able to get different number of games in at various fields. Because several teams lost games, instead of semi-finals and finals tomorrow (weather permitting) we are trying to get teams games that wanted to stay and play on Sunday.

at BGA tomorrow at 1:00 USJ will play BGA

at Riverdale at 1:00 tomorrow Collierville will play Mercer Co KY

at 3:30 Brentwood Academy will play Riverdale

Again, thanks everyone for coming to the games and maybe one year we can have a Spring Classic with no rain... We go to work on next year's Monday afternoon. Upperman, Petey called and we have ya penciled in for next year!!!!

Hope to see ya at Spring Fling in MAY!!!!

take care

David