Riverdale tournament

bhsbaseballfanatic08

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Thanks Riverdale people for your kind hospitality. You guys are great! My son will graduate this year so this was our last Warrior tourny. Even though it rained we still enjoyed ourselves at your field. Thanks again for hosting such a fun time year after year.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was funny right there lol...are you gonna have a good year this year and what is your district record right now

Currently 1-1 in conference after a tough 6-5 loss to Franklin High. This team certainly has the potential to have a strong year as it blends a good mix of seniors with some talented underclassmen. Sr. SS Matt Williams is a Liberty (VA) signee and soph CF Tony Kemp can do it all.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Thanks Riverdale people for your kind hospitality. You guys are great! My son will graduate this year so this was our last Warrior tourny. Even though it rained we still enjoyed ourselves at your field. Thanks again for hosting such a fun time year after year.

Thank you for the kind words! Hope to see you again in May! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Scores can be found at: http://www.riverdalewarriors.com/baseball/scoreboard.pdf

http://www.riverdalewarriors.com/baseball/scores.pdf

because it rained harder at some places then others, we were able to get different number of games in at various fields. Because several teams lost games, instead of semi-finals and finals tomorrow (weather permitting) we are trying to get teams games that wanted to stay and play on Sunday.

at BGA tomorrow at 1:00 USJ will play BGA

at Riverdale at 1:00 tomorrow Collierville will play Mercer Co KY

at 3:30 Brentwood Academy will play Riverdale

Again, thanks everyone for coming to the games and maybe one year we can have a Spring Classic with no rain... We go to work on next year's Monday afternoon. Upperman, Petey called and we have ya penciled in for next year!!!!

Hope to see ya at Spring Fling in MAY!!!!

take care

David

David, score correction Siegel 10 Clarksville NW 0- game called after 2 innings.

David you are definitely a class act. Your tournaments are are legendary! Thanks for all your tireless effort in making the Classic the best tourney around. Folk speak well of both the hospitality and organization. I hate it that it seems to rain every year though! Hope you took a few to eat some wings and those egg rolls that you love!

Enjoyed the tournament even though the weather didn't cooperate Saturday. Some great competition and some class acts. Southpaw, you asked about the USJ vs. Goodpasture game-a classic matchup and great game by both teams. They had some breaks and our hits were not falling. Goodpasture showed a lot of class, both players and coaches-No tail-tucking and running or other stuff like that. Thanks for asking.

David you are definitely a class act. Your tournaments are are legendary! Thanks for all your tireless effort in making the Classic the best tourney around. Folk speak well of both the hospitality and organization. I hate it that it seems to rain every year though! Hope you took a few to eat some wings and those egg rolls that you love!

Didn't have time to eat the wings and eggrolls - rain kept me busy... I got to see some old friends and made some new ones. Saw some great games and heard about some others - game of the weekend may have been the Cascade win over Blackman - I hope everyone had a safe drive back home and I am looking forward to seeing some of them back here in May for Spring Fling!

If you are ever in a drought and need some rain, just invite me to come run a baseball tournament for ya!!! I told the Missouri teams I blamed it on them this year, they brought that rain from Cape Giradeau with them - great bunch of folks!

One year we will get one in without any rain - this may be my 12 or 13th year typing that sentence - LOL!!!

Thanks to all the coaches and volunteers at all the sites! And to everyone who came to coach, play or watch!!! Taking a break now to watch the Braves and Senators on my new big-screen hi-def TV and Cubs start tomorrow so it is that time of year again!!!

Will start to work on next year's tomorrow. Deadline to enter is end of September so tell your coaches to be sure to get with me between now and then... If I can just get MTCS to be a host team and play in it next year - can someone please tell Coach Bassham we would love to have them???

David, score correction Siegel 10 Clarksville NW 0- game called after 2 innings.

Fixed it - had the score right on paper - just fat fingers typing it in - thanks again for catching that for me - good luck this week against Blackman - should be a great series!!! Can ya call me and give me scores in progress and a final???