This is why you should see a team before you vote

Legend

Advantages are too great for home teams. For example only 1 team from 3AAA won at the visiting site and this is just not even logical. I'm sure that the same holds true for 2AA & 1A.They may as well take the teams straight from the Region if this is the best option.

I am sure it is a $$$ issue - I am sure CPA had to pay Lipscomb something to use their gym and TSSAA gets its share ........... and neutral site would be an issue too wouldnt it - due to travel ....can of worms.....

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can not compare it like that.... 5 out of the 10 best teams may be in one area of the state... Not all 5 will be able to make it to the state.... You will see what i am talking about if Manassas gets to play a team from region 1 or 2.... Humbolt is 30 pts better than any team from region 1 or 2... Manassas will beat them if they play them by 40+ easy... so don't say they were wrong because they didn't make it to the state... My top 10 in single a reguardless of if they made it to the state or not is....

1. Manassas

2. UC

3. Humbolt

4. Lake Co

5. Eagleville

6. Moore Co

7. Temple

8. CSAS

9. Culleoka

tie...

10. Nashville Christian

10. Pickett Co.

I don't care who made it to state, all you have to do is have one awful game at the wrong time against a decent team and your done... I would think if the state was more even throughout instead of extremely good in the West, decent in Middle and Chattanooga, and extremely weak in the East.... and if you had a 7 game series these would be the top 10 teams... but hey, that isn't how it works so in the state you will see the region 1 and 2 teams getting manhandled in the first round if they run up against a west tennessee team or another decent Mid Tenn team...

State Championship will be Manassas vs. UC.... no matter when they meet that is the real state championship...

Everybody has ther opinion and I haven't seen UC,Manassas,Lake Co play at all so can't judge them just go by who they have played. But Moore County is a top 5 team we have been outside of it all year and have got NO credit all year. I mean just look at the stats we have 6-1 against Sweet 16 teams Culleoka, NCS, Middleton, Jackson Co.

Everybody has ther opinion and I haven't seen UC,Manassas,Lake Co play at all so can't judge them just go by who they have played. But Moore County is a top 5 team we have been outside of it all year and have got NO credit all year. I mean just look at the stats we have 6-1 against Sweet 16 teams Culleoka, NCS, Middleton, Jackson Co.

I would put you guys in at #5....But there is a big gap between #4 and #5...You guys beat Middleton by 2...Middleton beat Culleoka by 1 or 2...Union City beat Middleton by 40,Manassas has beaten Middleton really bad 4 times...And what is Jackson County's record??

I wouldn't necessarily say these teams don't belong..Maybe Union City and Manassas are just that much better than all the other teams..But..Union City did beat Middleton by the mercy rule..by a larger score than Manassas..Union City did beat Mitchell and Mitchell beat Manassas once..And although Lake Co didn't beat Union City..had them on the ropes all 3 games..And if Manassas blows U.C. out..you will probably say the same thing..that U.C. and all the other teams were over-rated..but who else would be left?..But if U.C. beats Manassas..Lake Co fans may have an argument..that Manassas may not be as good as you say..even though they did beat Humboldt..But that was just 1 game and we all know a team can have a bad game..In the games with U.C..all 3 games were close..So..maybe it's not that Humboldt..Lake Co ..Cully..etc..don't belong..just that both you guys are dominant this year.

Manassas beat Middleton by 40 also this season Manassas beat Mitchell with all there big guns playing they didnt play -vs- UC. Mitchell beat a Buckner less Manassas team. Buckner was injured and didnt even dress that game Manassas lost by only 5. Manassas has done what no other team has done in Tennessee. Manassas beat the 2A city champs, district 16 2A champs, district 13 3A champs, district 14 3A champs, district 16 3A champs, Region 8 2A champs and won there own district 16A and region. thats impressive name another school who has done this. think about it before you answer. I mean name another school who has done this. play this many champion and beat them.

Advantages are too great for home teams. For example only 1 team from 3AAA won at the visiting site and this is just not even logical. I'm sure that the same holds true for 2AA & 1A.They may as well take the teams straight from the Region if this is the best option.

Advantages are too great for home teams? What's the advantages? NOISE is 1! but a good team can block out the NOISE! Example: DC's region was played at Haywood Co. and DC played Haywood for the championship and won! I do have to admit that DC has VERY GOOD fan support so it became that "neutral" site at their own gym! So better fan support from road teams eliminates that advantage!

Manassas beat Middleton by 40 also this season Manassas beat Mitchell with all there big guns playing they didnt play -vs- UC. Mitchell beat a Buckner less Manassas team. Buckner was injured and didnt even dress that game Manassas lost by only 5. Manassas has done what no other team has done in Tennessee. Manassas beat the 2A city champs, district 16 2A champs, district 13 3A champs, district 14 3A champs, district 16 3A champs, Region 8 2A champs and won there own district 16A and region. thats impressive name another school who has done this. think about it before you answer. I mean name another school who has done this. play this many champion and beat them.

Not everyone else has the oppurtunity to play all these teams Legend. For Manassas it is a benefit to have the ability to play these schools. When did Manassas travel outside of Memphis to play people? Not many rural teams travel into Memphis to play either.

I was wondering the same thing when they have never seen UC this year. Craigmont, and Mitchell had double the loses as Manassas + Manassas had beat them in head to head and they were ranked over Manassas also in the Memphis paper. BTW didnt play anybody all season but they were #1 in the paper. we see how that turned out also. The bottom line is the kids at Manassas are being treated unfair. People working for the papers may have gone to schools they rank higher with no logic or something I dont no. I do no it is unfair for the players who have worked so hard.

Legend, i agree with you 100% on that..But the thing is, its nothing but paper man! It don't mean squat! All they look at is the freaking record..Look at Nash Christain..Like u said..They played nobody all year and won 31 ballgames..Manassas made preperations during the regular season playing the Ridgeways and Mitchell's..Thats what you have to do to prepare your team to get to the Boro and win it! Those 5 losses don't mean nothing anymore and UC 34-0 don't mean squat either..Its all about winning the next 3 games and getting your team ready to play..Manassas coaches and Union City's coaches did what they had to do to get them ready.

The home team gets an advantage because they are Region Champs. That makes sense. You are crying about the Region Runner-up having to travel but in reality the Region Runner-up should be happy they are given another shot to redeem themsevles when they could just take the Region Champions straight to the State Tourney.

Legend, You said Manassas could beat Humboldt 10 out of 10 times in another post on another thread..I say your very wrong!..U see, when teams play one another so many times they learn each other..U look at Manassas and Middleton..Manassas won by 38..19..and 20 something..UC beat Middleton by 40 and they played only once.And you can rest asure that UC could had beat Middleton by 70 if Sisco wanted to..Middle would for sure get beat down by 50 every time they played..But like i said..U cant compare scores like you do sooo often..Every team matches up diffrently and thats just the game of basketball.

There's always more than one way to skin a cat. The reality is that the tournament is a single elimination event except for the region finals. The TSSAA could (and has) sent region winners only to state. In a tough region, a good team is left at home. I don't have a problem with that scenario.

If all the region winners played at home at sectional, I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with that format, but if there are going to be some schools playing at home and some schools playing on a neutral court, then why not have a sectional tournament? Regions 1&2, 3&4, 5&6 and 7&8 meet at a neutral gym and play a one night sectional tournament in all 3 classifications. The 2 winners go to state.

There is a home team advantage in basketball without question. That's why Vanderbilt is 18-0 at home and why Memphis had a 34 game home winning streak. You can't say it doesn't matter. It does. That's fine as long as it plays out across the board. Seating requirements take away the home court advantage for those that play in small gyms. The number is arbitrary to begin with, but to be fair across the board it should be everyone plays on their home floor or noone does. It's not Rocket Surgery......

How many teams don't play at home? I would like to know. In the west I'm pretty sure everyone played the sub-state at there gym. Bradford's girls played at Dresden. In the West we have many places to have a sub-state night where more than one game can be played. In the Northwest, UTM can be used. In the Middle West, the Oman Arena and in the south there are a few different places.