Rumor in Livingston

oldchsman

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't heard anything about this until the other day. I would say Bruce Lamb, Matthan Houser, Mark Winningham and Shane Qualls would all apply for the job. There could also be others apply. For instance, anyone know where Medlin from Cookeville is interested in going? He might be interested in that job. Or could McCoin be the coach again?

What exactly is Grant's job at Tech? I know his title is Associate Director of Athletics or something. Does that mean that he will not be coaching?

I hadn't heard anything about this until the other day. I would say Bruce Lamb, Matthan Houser, Mark Winningham and Shane Qualls would all apply for the job. There could also be others apply. For instance, anyone know where Medlin from Cookeville is interested in going? He might be interested in that job. Or could McCoin be the coach again?

What exactly is Grant's job at Tech? I know his title is Associate Director of Athletics or something. Does that mean that he will not be coaching?

His title will be Associate Athletic Director of Development. He will be the one over raising money to improve facilities. That is what he will be over and everything. Yes, this will mean he will not be coaching. Out of the ones listed here who do you think should get the job. Please keep it to just name. Know name calling or bad mouthing about any of them.

His title will be Associate Athletic Director of Development. He will be the one over raising money to improve facilities. That is what he will be over and everything. Yes, this will mean he will not be coaching. Out of the ones listed here who do you think should get the job. Please keep it to just name. Know name calling or bad mouthing about any of them.

I ain't even going to comment on the head coaching position except to say that I am sure that all of them would do fine job. I am sure most all of them can bring something good to the table.

Do any of them other than Lamb and McCoin have head coaching experience? I played for Terry Melton when Danny was the O.C. and I know Bruce. They are both good men but I wonder if Danny has still got a bad taste in his mouth. I think Bruce would be a great fit at LA and Qualls is an alumni and I know him as well and think he would be an asset to the program and would be a fine leader. It does sadden me to see the state of LA football as of late, but I really think that with the quality feeder programs of the Outlaws and LMS, I don't see us staying down too long unless there is more going on than meets the eye. I don't think that this is the case though. There are too many good kids there to let that happen. GO BIG BLUE!!!

Do any of them other than Lamb and McCoin have head coaching experience? I played for Terry Melton when Danny was the O.C. and I know Bruce. They are both good men but I wonder if Danny has still got a bad taste in his mouth. I think Bruce would be a great fit at LA and Qualls is an alumni and I know him as well and think he would be an asset to the program and would be a fine leader. It does sadden me to see the state of LA football as of late, but I really think that with the quality feeder programs of the Outlaws and LMS, I don't see us staying down too long unless there is more going on than meets the eye. I don't think that this is the case though. There are too many good kids there to let that happen. GO BIG BLUE!!!

I didn't know McCoin applied. What would the "bad taste" have to do with anything?

I'm going to put in my 2 cents worth for the next coach. Since I don't have no political pull like most this is the only means I have. This is a very important job to say the least. Football teaches valuable life lessons to our youth. Not only does it build character it teaches them to set goals and strive to reach them. It brings these kids together and bonds them for life. So in all actuality football will be one of the most important activities in their short high school experience. Football also teaches them to get up when they get knocked down. A lesson that many of them will face out in the real world. Most importantly it teaches them not to QUIT. Do you see where I'm going with this ?

Do we need to hire a coach that quits ever time they don't get their way ? What kind of message are we sending to our kids ? What does that say for our school in general ? What will everyone think that knows anything about LA football or football in general ? Are the people in Livingston going to just set on their hands and say nothing ? Why not talk to the people that can change all this. I'm sick of it myself. I don't think a petition needs to be passed around town /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> but talk to the ones that can change all this. Do you see where I'm going with this ?

The new coach needs to have a few of these traits: be honest.....be fair....energetic.....organized...ambitious and have the welfare of the kids and LA come before him and his staff. Not play favorites and pull the team in 2 or 3 different directions. And more importantly not play a kid because he is having trouble at home. Because he makes bad decisions and gets in with the wrong crowd. That's when a coach should try to help that kid that's what makes a good coach ....... the welfare of the kids. They can't play football their entire life but they will be out their in the world and if everyone gives up on them then their will surely fail. I hope at least these things will be considered when the ones in power make the decision to hire a coach.