Knoxville top 10 teams

BigG

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i saw Tyler Modern's name on the top 10 players to watch out for, i giggled.

the kid's a player, i dont see anything to giggle about, he's a force up front and in the back with a killer header and an insne left foot, and if you saw his name on the list you could at least have the deceny to spell his name right

1.) West

2.) Farragut

3.) Bearden

4.) Maryville

5.) CAK

6.) Catholic

7.) Webb

8.) Oak Ridge

9.) Lenoir City

10.) Alcoa

Top five players to watch...I'm not sure if you were asking about this G, but, oh well, when have I ever kept my mouth shut?

1.) Cody McCoy (West)--Creative and unpredictable. He has an uncanny way of appearing to be complacent, and then punishing you in the blink of an eye. He has outstanding one vs. one ability. When he has the ball at his feet, everything looks smooth and effortless. No doubt...the top player in Knoxville.

2.) Ridge Carter (Maryville)--A true athlete...one of the toughest and most physical midfielders I have seen at the HS level. He is all but 5 ft. 6, yet he is lightning fast, and he defends relentlessly. He is an absolute warrior, and his versatility allows him to play every position on the field.

3.) Tom Webster (Bearden)--Goal hungry forward with great one vs. one ability. Despite the fact that he was an All-American last year, I do not think he is as talented as McCoy or Carter, but he will no doubt be a top player in the state again.

4.) Jake Holt (Farragut)--I have continued to praise this kid over and over again. I think he is way underrated because he lacks the speed and athletic ability of the top three players in this area, but he has an outstanding first touch, and he has an extremely high soccer I.Q. A potential All-State pick.

5.) Cat (West)--Absolutely raw...another pure athlete. He is lightning in a bottle at the outside mid position, and he can move faster with the ball than most can without it. He can come across as inconsistent at times though.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I just thought it would be fun to name some great players in this area as well as teams. Obviously, all of these players are going to be great this year; I would never post anything about a player that is lacking in skill. All of the fore mentioned players are going to have brilliant senior seasons.

Dins8, You must have some loyalty to West!! I agree with most of the list above, however Webster is clearly the most talented player- those awards are no fluke! Cody McCoy is fantastic and has been for some time- he IS dangerous! Holt is underrated...I agree- but that won't happen this year. Not sure about Carter at Maryville-he is very good, but I don't think top 5. As for Cat, ............I will keep away from negative comments. I would add the other 2 players as- Sherrod at Carter- the kid can score even though he is usually doubled. The other player I watched last year was Ryan Pugh at Maryville. He is a small defender, but the games I watched- he was quietly dominant! Great touch, smart- quick, outlet passes and no mistakes. Keep an eye on this kid! Schoenfeld HAS to be in the mix, he plays with desire all the time. So that's my 6 players. I can't wait to see a bunch of games this year!

top 10 teams:

1 Farragut- when you finish Champs- someone has to knock you off the top!!

2 Bearden- 5-4 loss to Farragut in Champ game- best high-school game I have ever watched!

3 West- Can they knock off one of the 2 above?? We will see!

4 CAK- Even without Tarr- How many State title's- 5, 6,.....15. I lost count. Big G's on a roll!!

5 Oak Ridge- Saw them destroy Farragut last year- they have the ability

6 Catholic

7 Maryville

8 Webb

9 Karns- No joke- they have a great coach

10 Alcoa- Just for you Akula!! Coaching DOES count!

1 Farragut- when you finish Champs- someone has to knock you off the top!!

2 Bearden- 5-4 loss to Farragut in Champ game- best high-school game I have ever watched!

3 West- Can they knock off one of the 2 above?? We will see!

4 CAK- Even without Tarr- How many State title's- 5, 6,.....15. I lost count. Big G's on a roll!!

5 Oak Ridge- Saw them destroy Farragut last year- they have the ability

6 Catholic

7 Maryville

8 Webb

9 Karns- No joke- they have a great coach

10 Alcoa- Just for you Akula!! Coaching DOES count!

Pretty good list there, pseudo. I don't necessarily agree with the order, but I would say that it is fairly accurate. Mike at Karns knows what he is doing, I just don't know much about his talent or team, since I never get to see them play. I think you could throw Seymour in the mix there at #10, not to offend Alcoa or Akula, but he lost something like 10 seniors and that is hard to get back up to speed right off the bat. I do think he is one of the top Knoxville coaches, and is a HUGE asset to Alcoa. I think #4 is a little generous for us, but I thank you none the less. We'll have to prove ourselves on the pitch. You could win 5or 15 or 25 but none of those win any games for the current season.

And no, I am not going to post my list, just suffice to say it isn't much different than most. I just would rather not offend anyone by leaving someone off. I did submit my votes to the News Sentinel, though.

I would also agree that Mark Sherrod is top notch. He is an asset on any team. I know he gets a hard time because they don't play the powerhouses, but I don't know if that would be the right decision for Carter soccer right now anyway.

Tom Webster is just fun to watch. A real explosive player. I would love to see him actually play together with Mark up top. What a combination they would make!

Dins8, You must have some loyalty to West!! I agree with most of the list above, however Webster is clearly the most talented player- those awards are no fluke!

pseudo-No disrespect to you or Tom, but I strongly disagree with you here. I do not think Tom W. is as good as Cody M. Tom is an outstanding player, with a great deal of one vs. one talent, but I do not think he was as deserving of All-American as others. Was he deserving of All-State? Absolutely. Was he deserving of All-South? Probably. It was very hard for me to keep my mouth shut when he got State POY and All-American over several players in the area that I thought were better.

I will name a few...

1.) Ben Backstrom-In my mind there was no doubt that, IF there was an All-American out of TN that the name should have been Backstrom. He gave us WAY more of a problem than Tom, and he tortured Bearden last year as well.

2.) Brandon Tarr-I am not positive, but I don't even think Brandon was an All-American last year either....just All-South.

Cody did not deserve to be an All-American last year because he only played half the season.

But look at where Cody is going to college as opposed to Tom. Isn't Tom going to ETSU? I am sure that ETSU will be a good program, but it is my understanding that it was recently just a club team.

pseudo-Hopefully you don't take offense to this. I have been very public about my admiration for Tom as a player and Bearden's program as a whole. Tom is extremely talented, and I think he will again be deserving of All-State. As for Bearden...well, their tradition speaks volumes. As for Ryan P., I have no idea who he is, and I honestly have never seen Mark S. play, but I have heard he is a great player.

Best,

dins

Pretty good list there, pseudo. I don't necessarily agree with the order, but I would say that it is fairly accurate. Mike at Karns knows what he is doing, I just don't know much about his talent or team, since I never get to see them play. I think you could throw Seymour in the mix there at #10, not to offend Alcoa or Akula, but he lost something like 10 seniors and that is hard to get back up to speed right off the bat. I do think he is one of the top Knoxville coaches, and is a HUGE asset to Alcoa. I think #4 is a little generous for us, but I thank you none the less. We'll have to prove ourselves on the pitch. You could win 5or 15 or 25 but none of those win any games for the current season.

And no, I am not going to post my list, just suffice to say it isn't much different than most. I just would rather not offend anyone by leaving someone off. I did submit my votes to the News Sentinel, though.

I would also agree that Mark Sherrod is top notch. He is an asset on any team. I know he gets a hard time because they don't play the powerhouses, but I don't know if that would be the right decision for Carter soccer right now anyway.

Tom Webster is just fun to watch. A real explosive player. I would love to see him actually play together with Mark up top. What a combination they would make!

hey G seymour lost nine seniors