Lauren March (Marshall County) Congratulations!

nebuntyn

Lauren it was pleasure sitting and talking with you and Danica this past Wednesday afternoon. Lauren, congratulations, your game has truly evolved into something special you have a very bright future. In today's times where things are so commercialized, and kids only see the finished product, that sometimes gives a sense of false bravado. They don't see that Kobe Bryant shot 500 jumpshots a day, Tiger Woods having A golf club in his hand since 3 years old or Colonel Sanders 11 herbs and spices getting turned down 1000 times before getting accepted. You are a very good example of great work ethic. The 2007 Lauren that was state runner up is totally different from the 2008 state champion, that is so wonderful to see. You didn't let 2007 frustrations get in the way of 2008 goals. Obstacles are only placed in front you to make you stronger. Lauren, once again I want to say congratulations on your state championship, and with your great attitude and work ethic, I expect to see you back in the Boro in 2009. You are truly a wonderful kid.

I don't know nothing about her as a person, I do know that she tore Gibson Co. up one side and down the other and is an awesome player...If she plays like she did next year like she did during the state tournaments, I don't see how she can't be a finalist for Ms. Basketball...She's a very awesome player!

Lauren is a remarkable player and a joy to be around off the court!! She is a very engaging, funny, smart person.

And I will now refuse to take any stock whatsoever in the Miss Basketball crap. She was the best player on the best team in the state (AA) and was not a finalist. WHAT A CROCK OF CRAPOLA!!!!!!

If that game saturday had been played in my hood in MEMPHIS at the FedEx Forum, we students would have promptly rioted with a "LAUREN MARCH" chant during the little Miss BBall ceremony. It truely is a shame that she was hosed that badly.

But, we got the only award that matters......

THE

GOLD

BALL

/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />