Farragut vs. Bearden

FHSstr8cash

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off this is a Farragut/Bearden thread so i dont know why maryville is on here talking themselves up...

and when was the last time Maryville did anything good, both Farragut and Bearden will destroy you when the time comes

State championships: Farragut - 4, Maryville - 1, and Bearden - ZEROOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great logic.

i really hope beardon knows just how good farragut is... i think they will win state this year we play in the hardest district in the state and farragut is at the top... beardon may be good but they aint the best... i just hope that they can atleast touch ramsey's 97 mph fastball good luck

Since the TSSAA went to 3 classes in baseball (1977) only 5 championships have come from your district. 4 from Farragut and 1 from Maryville (not Bearden). (Knox Central did win during this period but don,t believe they were in the same district.) During the previous 30 years before going to 3 classes, only 1 came from the Knoxville area and that was Knox Central. There are very good teams in your district but also some mighty good teams that are not.

Farragut wins 3-2. Jordan Cooper went 5 1/3 innings and pitched a heck of a game. Had em guessin all night. Shane Glarrow faced 1 batter, and then Matt Ramsey shut them down the final 1 2/3 innings. Farragut hit the ball hard all night. Even the outs were hit good. One or maybe both of Bearden's runs were unearned. Gouffon pitched most of the game for Bearden then Andy Fennell came it. Good game both ways, fun to watch, good atmosphere.

Let me guess Bearden fans... terrible umpires, bad weather, wrong time of the month for your players? please tell me, what is the excuse? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Let me guess Bearden fans... terrible umpires, bad weather, wrong time of the month for your players? please tell me, what is the excuse? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I play for Bearden and all i can say is that was a great game, both teams played hard and for 7 innings...Every pitcher threw well on both sides but Farrgut came out on top end of story...there's no excuses so JohnDoe don't think that bearden's players are full of excuses and for the record dawgluvr and crusier have no idea what they are talking about and make Bearden look bad

Since the TSSAA went to 3 classes in baseball (1977) only 5 championships have come from your district. 4 from Farragut and 1 from Maryville (not Bearden). (Knox Central did win during this period but don,t believe they were in the same district.) During the previous 30 years before going to 3 classes, only 1 came from the Knoxville area and that was Knox Central. There are very good teams in your district but also some mighty good teams that are not.

In the last 10 years a region 2, district 4, team has won state or been runner up in AAA baseball 7 of them. Pretty good even though most have been Farragut. If You include the region 1 (East Tennessee) Science Hill won in 1998 and Knox Halls was runner up in 2004 to Farragut. Pretty good for the East Tennessee bunch /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Maryville is not garbage. Lets just look at the facts. Last year Bearden and Farragut both got put out of the tournament before maryville. And if im not mistaken that means that maryville finished higher than both of those teams. And if you want to complain about how all of this happened last year, go ahead. But remember that neither Farragut nor Bearden have done anything so far this year to show that they would wipe Maryville off the map.

so wow. Maryille played ok for a few games in hte district last year.... you could have been winless in the regular season and win 3 games in the district tourney and finish higher than someone who beat you during the regular season. would you say the 3-30 team is better than the 18-15 team? no. ok then.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like the hadmirals are talking smack about their so-called #23 national ranking (http://www.admiralbaseball.com/).

Bearden's gonna clean the lazy and spoiled hadmiral's clock at their own Sportsbelle tournament if someone else doesnt do it first. Look for the losing streak to begin soon as they face serious competition on a regular basis at Sportsbelle and district games against the better teams. The out of shape admirals will wear down as the season goes on and everyone is looking forward to getting thier piece of fat hadmiral pie.

They were lucky the first time they played Bearden this year. With Bearden's four senior aces Farragut won't get lucky again. No way they run the table against Bearden, William Blount, and Maryville. And I been told S-D was sandbagging in the first game they played the hadmirals this year. Aside from the lucky game the admirals had against em, the Dawgs are undefeated against real competition.

GO DAWGS!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

batdog, I wasn't meaning it to be as if Bearden was not good. dawgluvr was just making it seem as though Bearden completely dominated the game in every way and deserved to win, but Farragut got a lucky break and won. When in reality Bearden got the break(s) in terms of an error and a pass ball that allowed a run to score. Bearden is a good team. Everyone in Knoxville area knows that.