wilson central

hoopfan91

Wilson Central had 4 players score in the State Championship Game. All four should be playing at another school. 3 at Lebanon and one at Mt Juliet. 3 of the 4 started their high school career playing for another school. To say that WC does not recruit is a false statement.

There is not even an emoticon I can paste on here to exemplify the ignorance of the above statement!

Sometimes, I don't know why I read such ignorant topics and this will be my last post, but feel I need to put this topic to rest.

Just because players change schools, doesn't mean that WC recruited them. Families have the free will to do what is best for their child even if it means having to move to do it. As for the 4 starting their careers elsewhere, you need to check your information.

Two of them started at WC as freshmen.

The other two players transferred to WC without any contact from WC coaches.

One of the players who left MJ was left no choice if she wanted to play basketball. She went through heck because of a coaches ego and his ability not to make decisions that are best for his team and school. She is a good kid who would have jumped off a skyscraper for the MJ program but was told "No thanks." And then called a traitor for the next two years by suppossed "friends."

But, God works things out for the best and KNOWS the Bigger picture and better plan. Those two families have been blessed beyond measure from Wilson Central's coaching staff, teaching staff, and WC basketball parents. There is a different atmosphere at WC. One of acceptance, love and understanding. One where the coaches want to do what is best for your kid!!!

Please find something better to do with your time than post a bunch of nonsense due to county rivalry JEALOUSY!!!!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No Jealousy, just the facts. Both Wasson and Hassell practiced with Lebanon in the summer prior to their freshmen year. Then after some persuading, since you don't want to call it recruiting, were persuaded to go to Wilson Central. So they started their high school career elsewhere.

Congratulations to Wilson Central for Recruiting and for throwing your region final game on your way to a State Title. Congrats on another Tainted Title.

I think the parents should take their kids wherever they want. If a parent is willing to sell their house and move or pay for private school, then thats their right. Any coach in the state would welcome any these players mentioned, in a heart beat. Mt. Juliet puts out some very good players and they are well coached. If I was Bud, I would get some more Mount Juliet players for the future /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No Jealousy, just the facts. Both Wasson and Hassell practiced with Lebanon in the summer prior to their freshmen year. Then after some persuading, since you don't want to call it recruiting, were persuaded to go to Wilson Central. So they started their high school career elsewhere.

Congratulations to Wilson Central for Recruiting and for throwing your region final game on your way to a State Title. Congrats on another Tainted Title.

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> You should be embarrassed. How Jealous can one person be of another's team hard work. No one gave them anything. They had to overcome all odds to win this championship with only 5 players left after JC went down with the ACL.

The WC coaches did not throw the game against Smyrna. Smyrna beat MJ like a step child and then they beat WC like one. Give them their due. They played great and had one of the best chances to win state. Smyrna is a class act with a great coach in Willey. It was sad to see them lose.

Why can't the coaches, players, parents and fans be supportive of their county? So full of hate, jealousy and bitterness. Shut Up!!!!!! Please!!!!!! It is pretty sad when WC has more support from the Rutherford County Smyrna parents and players than the ones in their own county.

You also shouldn't run your mouth when your own Coach Fryer has made calls of his own to a West Wilson Middle School player who can go to any school in Wilson County and will not come to MJ. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I think the parents should take their kids wherever they want. If a parent is willing to sell their house and move or pay for private school, then thats their right. Any coach in the state would welcome any these players mentioned, in a heart beat. Mt. Juliet puts out some very good players and they are well coached. If I was Bud, I would get some more Mount Juliet players for the future /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Worden, I don't know who you are but I have always respected your comments on these boards until this one.

Yes, MJ puts out some good players, but AAU has a LOT to do with that. Something that MJ does not believe in or support. They think no one can do for their players as much as them, but then they do nothing to help your kid get a scholarship to college.

Please don't even try to give MJ ONE ounce of credit for WC success at state!!!!! The only state they have won recently was because of Alecia Clark and she was not a home grown MJ product. People are who they are in their heart with their own drives and ambitions. MJ has run more girls in the ground than they have to state!!!!!

What? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

What? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Sounds like someone that has personally seen the girls with their previous team. After all, the two did attend a different feeder school. You can assume that this is a possibility.

Seems to me that if you're going to put a multiplier on private schools that don't offer financial aid and put the ones that do offer financial aid in a separate division, that the open enrollment schools should be handled in the same manner. The closed zoned rural public schools that either don't have another zone to choose from or are too far from a private school to be considered are the only ones playing for a true public school state championship imo.

If you can pull strings to play out of boundary or if the school board just doesn't care which school you go to, then your situation is different than most. Put a multiplier on them or put them in a separate division. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. We can create yet another division for those without zones that don't offer financial aid or we can throw everybody in the same pot and divide our classifications according to merit.

Sounds like someone that has personally seen the girls with their previous team. After all, the two did attend a different feeder school. You can assume that this is a possibility.

I don't think I am taking any kid seriously when they go as far as saying WC threw the regional championship against Smyrna and their title is tainted haha.

I guess we can assume this person somehow knows about these "persuasions" too. Extremely doubtful.

You know, what I am going to leave this subject alone because the Bible says that if a man is ignorant let him be ignorant and I apologize to whomever I may have offended but the truth is just that the truth and whom better to know the truth than the persons involved in the situation. If the Lord be for you who can be against you and he was for my girls to be at a school where they could be safe and get an quality education and become something in life. Most of you who have these great ideas and opinions care nothing about the children and I bet you that if the Lord had not blessed my girls to be goood athletes along with several other girls at W.C. you probaly would'nt speak to them or could care less about them. Therefore take care of your own children and I will do whatever is necessary to take care of mine and see that they get all of the best opportunties that the Lord not coacht fans allows them to have.

Deacon

With all due respect, you are perpetuating this ???recruiting??? scenario by trying to defend the decision your family made three years ago. I??™ll admit that I found it disturbing that students, and yes they are students first, that should have attended Lebanon High School, suddenly were going to the relatively new Wilson Central High School, but as evidenced by the lack of any official allegations or punishment, the transfer was within the rules. The decision was made and you shouldn??™t feel that you need to defend it.

Our daughters has played/practiced against and with each other since they were 12. I??™ve always felt that has made Erin a better player and hopefully it has benefited Jasmine as well. Jasmine certainly has a bright future ahead of her, and after watching Ieshia this weekend, you should be very proud of both girls.

Hind site is a great thing; I wonder what Coach Brown could do with your daughters and Wasson at Lebanon after his success this year.

In the long run, this is irrelevant, in other words, don??™t sweat the small stuff.