wilson central

hoopfan91

I totally agree. I am like you vols, don't have a dog in the hunt but here is my 2 cents which no one asked for but are getting anyway.

Any high school coach who is involved in AAU recruits. They may not break any rules but they break the spirit of the rules. AAU is supposed to be all star teams where anyone can play from anywhere and High School is supposed to the school you are zoned to but more and more they are starting to look the same. A lot of teams do it, but you only here about the teams that win which this year is Wilson Central, and Jackson County. My idea is instead of seperating public and private, seperate the schools which except transfers from the schools who don't. That way, the true high school coach who is not involved in AAU and is doing it the way it is supposed to be done doesn't have to worry about playing an all star team. My final note is for the parents who transfer there kids. If you feel for whatever reason that is what you need to do fine, do it. However understand you are get some flack from people for doing it. If you are willing to move and get the gold ball, and you beat people along the way who had NO transfers you are going to get some grief. Take it and stop with the "hater talk"

EXACTLY!!! These schools that congratulate themselves on a "season well done" look like fools. From a county that does have zoning rules, it is frustrating for the "power teams" to win everything because of open enrollment. We are kidding no one people--the open enrollment is to CREATE these power teams. I am sure all of these girls play on their own "power AAU team" which is where it should stay. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I advise you to find out some facts and you would know for whatever reasons every school in the county has transfers and a lot of them are athletes. I'll make a suggestion for all you so called concerned parents why don't you put more money into these schools so that the level of education that is recieved at all schools is close to the same. What would your concern be if these girls were not athletes?You keep talking about private schools with financial aid however I gurantee you that parents still have to pay and everybody is not able to afford to pay. Matter of fact when my youngest daughter broke her leg last year the only ones that showed any concern for her as a person is the people that she is around now along with the coaches and staff at walter J. In my lifetime I've found that in order to be the best you have to play for and with the best. I believe this is a case of the same thing that made you laugh is now making you cry. Everyone wants to be a part of something special but not everyone can. Yeah they laughed at W.C. when we lost to Shelbyville, Mount Juliet and Smyrna and I do have respect for those programs and coaches. However "All things do work together for the good for those who love the Lord". In 1st John chapter 4 you will learn that "GOD is Love" not hate. I wonder how many of the Coacht experts helped or cared about my children in which I have three and when I was gone. I knew of a few good people but not many and I must say that Campbell Brandon and his wife were two of those people.

Hey Deacon,

It's a free country brother. If you want to transfer your kids to a powerhouse program so they can experience winning trophies here on earth and you feel like that is ultimately important for your kid and if it can be done within the rules ... have at it. No one can stop you. But don't try to defend it with "academics" or don't insinuate that God "would work together for the good of those who love the Lord " at Wilson Central over doing that same for any other kid or adult who loves the Lord anywhere else. If you want to get all theological bro, remember ... Jesus didn't gravitate toward the winners ... He preferred hanging out with the losers--and for that, I'll be eternally grateful.

For somebody who's in the right, I find you to be very defensive. Wilson Central isn't the only school who has caring, loving, supportive coaches and adults ... it just happens to be one you chose for your kids that coincidentally attracts a lot of good basketball players from other school zones and wins a lot of basketball games.

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> You should be embarrassed. How Jealous can one person be of another's team hard work. No one gave them anything. They had to overcome all odds to win this championship with only 5 players left after JC went down with the ACL.

The WC coaches did not throw the game against Smyrna. Smyrna beat MJ like a step child and then they beat WC like one. Give them their due. They played great and had one of the best chances to win state. Smyrna is a class act with a great coach in Willey. It was sad to see them lose.

Why can't the coaches, players, parents and fans be supportive of their county? So full of hate, jealousy and bitterness. Shut Up!!!!!! Please!!!!!! It is pretty sad when WC has more support from the Rutherford County Smyrna parents and players than the ones in their own county.

You also shouldn't run your mouth when your own Coach Fryer has made calls of his own to a West Wilson Middle School player who can go to any school in Wilson County and will not come to MJ. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Don't really want to get into this as I do agree that we should support our county and all it's players. But, Coach Fryer never made a phone call to that player. Only commented that he could teach her a lot. Just want to clear that up. I don't like rumors.

I will have to say this. Of all the state champions this year Marshall County (to my knowledge) did it the right way. To my knowledge he has very little to do with AAU, and no transfers. Also, Coach Steely has taken his lumps over the years with some poor records but he stuck it out, with HIS players win or lose and that is what it is all about.

Congratulations to Wilson Central!! The girls played extremely hard during the tournament and got it done. It's amazing to think that during a 3 day span that they only substituted two times. That's two substiutions in a total of 100 minutes of action!! Jasmine Hassel is well deserving of her Miss Basketball Trophy!!

What are the odds of Wilson Central traveling down to Millington for a rematch of sorts during the regular season next year?

Go Lady Trojans!....Go 14AAA!

Ok people give it up. Wilson Central won life goes on. This was a team effort not a transfer effort. Coach Brandon plays by the rules. If you want your kid's team to send them to some camp where they can get better and quit putting people down. I dont think coach brandon would ever throw a game but if he did which i know he didnt. It would have obously been a good coaching decision state champs.

Don't really want to get into this as I do agree that we should support our county and all it's players. But, Coach Fryer never made a phone call to that player. Only commented that he could teach her a lot. Just want to clear that up. I don't like rumors.

Hoops42, thanks for joining CoachT today so you could clear up that awful rumor! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" "Called" wasn't the proper word to use. Excuse me.......he spoke with the family to let them know how much more he could do for her than WC could do for her.

Excuse me for the mis statement..... Of course, that is NOT recruiting or inticement or anything because MJ is perfect and has never done anything wrong!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just keep drinking that great MJ Kool Aid and believing your perfect!!!!

Oh yea, why did Nixon's parents feel she would do better at MJ than at Lebanon. I am sure Lebanon could have used her talents also!!!!!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Don't start something you cannot finish people!!! Get your stories, facts and rumors STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!