baseball not cheerleading

Guest inappropriate87

That ties for possibly the stupidest post I've seen on CoachT.

Do you think that intentinally hitting the umpire, if you're on the mound, is going to help you? Yeah, I bet you'll get all those close pitches after that.

And as far as learning to call balls and strikes, try throwing more strikes. Trust me, umpires love to call strikes!

Agreed, not appropriate or needed here.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do teams chant and do their little cheers in the dougout? Its BASEBALL not cheerleading. Do you ever see that in the BIGS? NO. the reason why is because they respect the game and play it and shut up. so PLAY the game if your going to play leave the cheering up to the fans.

I dnt see how u can tell these kids that they shouldnt cheer on their teammates....! To me dat is so DUMM...if u were out there playing wouldnt you want your teammates cheering for you and believing that you can get the job done? I play basketball too and during the whole game our bench is cheering us on....NONE STOP! causz maybe your team is down and they are starting to give up,so they look over at the dougout and see that their teammate still have faith in them and that motivates them to try harder....so sometime you cant juss leave it all up to the fans to cheer!!!

I dnt see how u can tell these kids that they shouldnt cheer on their teammates....! To me dat is so DUMM...if u were out there playing wouldnt you want your teammates cheering for you and believing that you can get the job done? I play basketball too and during the whole game our bench is cheering us on....NONE STOP! causz maybe your team is down and they are starting to give up,so they look over at the dougout and see that their teammate still have faith in them and that motivates them to try harder....so sometime you cant juss leave it all up to the fans to cheer!!!

Good point, but everyone is talking about cheering in UNISON! Not just cheering in general! Cheering in general is fine with me, but in UNISON that not only is annoying but also takes some time to practice which in turn takes away from your practice time!

why do teams chant and do their little cheers in the dougout? Its BASEBALL not cheerleading. Do you ever see that in the BIGS? NO. the reason why is because they respect the game and play it and shut up. so PLAY the game if your going to play leave the cheering up to the fans.

If you think that cheering shouldn't be allowed in the dugout, then you should tell the Vanderbilt baseball team that. If you watch one of their games, you will notice that everyone on the team is standing up in the dugout and cheering on their teammate when they are up to bat. Cheering in the dugout is important because it also loosens up the dugout and the players performing, making them not afraid to make a mistake and adding fun to the game. When you take away the fear of making a mistake the players perform better. Baseball is a mental sport and cheering is part of both keeping a players mental state intact and helping them enjoy the game.

Guest inappropriate87

If you think that cheering shouldn't be allowed in the dugout, then you should tell the Vanderbilt baseball team that. If you watch one of their games, you will notice that everyone on the team is standing up in the dugout and cheering on their teammate when they are up to bat. Cheering in the dugout is important because it also loosens up the dugout and the players performing, making them not afraid to make a mistake and adding fun to the game. When you take away the fear of making a mistake the players perform better. Baseball is a mental sport and cheering is part of both keeping a players mental state intact and helping them enjoy the game.

and again if you would have read everything that has already been said, cheering on your team is one thing as in sayin" lets go' or "get a hit" but when your in the dugout making up all these rhyms and little sayings, its inappropriate and shouldnt be aloud. im not sayin i want a rule against it i just think its dumb. if you wanna sound like a softball team go ahead but dont be surprised when people give you no respect.

well since theres still a impartial decision on what exactly "cheerleading" is then step up and put some names behind it. Who does it?

Ive been around numerous teams that do it/have done it.

I honestly dont see whats so hard to understand about it. It's BUSH!! If teams cant focus without cheerleading then they need to be put on the ADD/ADHD pill.

I have never seen a team that disrespects the game as much as Clarksville Northeast. I don't blame the young men near as much as I do the coaches who allow them to behave like they do. Come on coach, teach your boys some class. they are a good team except for the constant chanting. They look rather silly. Give them the love of the game.

At no point has anyone used time in practice to work on this stuff. Most of it gets made up on the spot. It's not real complicated. For everyone who says it is "Bush League" what do you say to the Boston Red Sox pitching staff who are all making millions of dollars, and sit in the bullpen playing utensils and pots and pans. They are very organized and even play in UNISON. What a horrible thing that they would play and have fun during the game.

Good point, but everyone is talking about cheering in UNISON! Not just cheering in general! Cheering in general is fine with me, but in UNISON that not only is annoying but also takes some time to practice which in turn takes away from your practice time!

Guest inappropriate87

At no point has anyone used time in practice to work on this stuff. Most of it gets made up on the spot. It's not real complicated. For everyone who says it is "Bush League" what do you say to the Boston Red Sox pitching staff who are all making millions of dollars, and sit in the bullpen playing utensils and pots and pans. They are very organized and even play in UNISON. What a horrible thing that they would play and have fun during the game.

can you hear anything they are playin when they play their bottles and spoons? NO i have been to a few boston games and never once have i heard them and neither can the players in the field. and poppin bottles togather or clackin spoons is no where near a cheer or disrespect.

I totally agree...I'm kind of glad this board has kind of died down as I feel is was kind of pointless. It's obvious who this team was started against and it no way comes close to what a softball team sounds like. I don't know why a team would get so upset because another team is having fun in a dugout trying to get their team excited. If a team is saying harsh things towards another team, then something needs to be done, if they are just being loud and having fun, ignore it if you don't like it and play baseball.

its not a matter of having fun or not. you can have fun playing the game. and thanks for the permission to call it whatever i want. and i call it little league cause its imature and un sportsman like. so you go ahead and cheer and when you get your butts beat atleast you can say you had a great time cheering.

How is it a lack of class for being excited. Kids do it in basketball and football, so why not baseball?

Just because you apparently don't approve, doesn't make it wrong. There is nothing wrong with enthusiasm. As a matter of fact, these are EXACTLY the kinds of things that make youth sports more exciting to watch than professional sports. NFL, NBA, MLB are all boring because the players are boring.

You say, "you don't see the Red Sox doing it." What a joke. Who gives a rat's butt what the Red Sox do?

Guest inappropriate87

How is it a lack of class for being excited. Kids do it in basketball and football, so why not baseball?

Just because you apparently don't approve, doesn't make it wrong. There is nothing wrong with enthusiasm. As a matter of fact, these are EXACTLY the kinds of things that make youth sports more exciting to watch than professional sports. NFL, NBA, MLB are all boring because the players are boring.

You say, "you don't see the Red Sox doing it." What a joke. Who gives a rat's butt what the Red Sox do?

and yet again i NEVER said not to get excited. if you wanna hollar for someone on base because they got a good hit or made a good play GO AHEAD. but when you get up when the pitcher is tryin to pitch or the batter is tryin to hit, and start cheering, THAT is inappropriate. sayin good job or sumthin like that again is FINE but other then that, SHUT UP or go to United and be a cheerleader.