glencliff football

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest workinprogress

I can't imagine open enrollment changing at Hillsboro. It got so low a few years ago they had to take a portion of the Overton zone. Without open enrollment, they would be dead in the water even at 3A.

Coach Spears will do just fine at East Lit and I know he will do well with the players. However, I feel like the seniors and even juniors who have been playing at Stratford should be given the choice to make the move to East Lit or to keep playing at Stratford. As far as Hillsboro's open enrollment status if NCS says it isnt changing then its probably not. That was just what one of the burros told me that he heard from a HHS coach. Hillsboro did receive some of Overtons kids, its about the same time that Hillsboro started to become the team it is now. Hillsboro picked up the Melrose area. However for you to say that Hillsboro would be dead in the water at 3A shows your lack of confidence in Coach Blade and his staff. Kind of interesting being the record he has over the last two years.

Coach Spears will do just fine at East Lit and I know he will do well with the players. However, I feel like the seniors and even juniors who have been playing at Stratford should be given the choice to make the move to East Lit or to keep playing at Stratford. As far as Hillsboro's open enrollment status if NCS says it isnt changing then its probably not. That was just what one of the burros told me that he heard from a HHS coach. Hillsboro did receive some of Overtons kids, its about the same time that Hillsboro started to become the team it is now. Hillsboro picked up the Melrose area. However for you to say that Hillsboro would be dead in the water at 3A shows your lack of confidence in Coach Blade and his staff. Kind of interesting being the record he has over the last two years.

Ron would be the first to tell you that Hillsboro got good real quick when the zone changed. Used to be that 1/3 of edgehill went to Overton,Hillsboro,and Glencliff. Glencliff went down just as fast as Hillsboro went up when this happened. Overton suffered when this happened also. Glencliff's zone is worst than Overton's. Winning is a combination of coaching and players. I would give the edge to having good players.

Ron would be the first to tell you that Hillsboro got good real quick when the zone changed. Used to be that 1/3 of edgehill went to Overton,Hillsboro,and Glencliff. Glencliff went down just as fast as Hillsboro went up when this happened. Overton suffered when this happened also. Glencliff's zone is worst than Overton's. Winning is a combination of coaching and players. I would give the edge to having good players.

If the glencliff faithful put there faith in Coach Murry and support him. Glencliff football will go up again. If the rebell against him then they will just go down farther. With the colts playing gallatin and hendersonville and hunters lane they need to pull together and quick to make this season a success.

If the glencliff faithful put there faith in Coach Murry and support him. Glencliff football will go up again. If the rebell against him then they will just go down farther. With the colts playing gallatin and hendersonville and hunters lane they need to pull together and quick to make this season a success.

Even totally pulled together, Glencliff is at least a season or two away from a winning record. Even if "they" rebel against Coach Murray, they cant go any lower, the bottom is the bottom. If anyone thinks supporting the new coach is going to cause Glencliff football to go up again, they are in for a long miserable 10 game season.

With a couple of perennial exceptions, and an occassional surprise here and there, athletics is as dead as academics in Metro.

Even totally pulled together, Glencliff is at least a season or two away from a winning record. Even if "they" rebel against Coach Murray, they cant go any lower, the bottom is the bottom. If anyone thinks supporting the new coach is going to cause Glencliff football to go up again, they are in for a long miserable 10 game season.

With a couple of perennial exceptions, and an occassional surprise here and there, athletics is as dead as academics in Metro.

Whoa, Swami! That was below the belt.

I heard it through the grapevine that Hillsboro will no longer be receiving the players that they've been getting from MLK during football season starting this fall.

Blade has done some great things at Hillsboro since arriving two years ago. He's fared much better there than former Burros coach Ron Aydelott has at Riverdale to this point.

Metro/Nashville has some quality coaches no question about it. Ralph Thompson has built Maplewood into a powerhouse and it wasn't that long ago when the Panthers could not even win a game. Blade and Brunetti have had two excellent years in their first two seasons at Hillsboro and Pearl Cohn. Both teams have averaged a total of playing 14 games in those two years. Woodward has taken over for McPhail and done nicely at Antioch. Richard Campbell has had two very good seasons in a row at Hunters Lane. Arcente Broon, Jason Smith, and Anthony Law have all been to the playoffs as head coaches at McGavock, Stratford, and Whites Creek. Look for Mose Phillips to join that list before too much longer at Hillwood.

East Literature is going to be successful very quickly. They have got a ton of talented players for Stratford. With Bubba Spears and Jerry Pigue leading the charge it is sure to be a football team that will not lack discipline. If you can take athletes in Metro/Nashville and keep them somewhat disciplined on the field then your chances of winning are drastically increased right away. THIS IS SOMETHING GLENCLIFF HAS LACKED IN RECENT YEARS!!!!!

When you don't have Shaun Scales, CJ Scott, and CJ Johnson on the same team and you lack discipline there's no way you are going to be able to compete with Gallatin, Hendersonville, Antioch, Hunters Lane, etc. Coach Murray & Co. need to start off by trimming the dead weight and getting rid of the problems before any solutions are able to be reached as far as being successful at Glencliff.

Guest workinprogress

I heard it through the grapevine that Hillsboro will no longer be receiving the players that they've been getting from MLK during football season starting this fall.

Blade has done some great things at Hillsboro since arriving two years ago. He's fared much better there than former Burros coach Ron Aydelott has at Riverdale to this point.

Metro/Nashville has some quality coaches no question about it. Ralph Thompson has built Maplewood into a powerhouse and it wasn't that long ago when the Panthers could not even win a game. Blade and Brunetti have had two excellent years in their first two seasons at Hillsboro and Pearl Cohn. Both teams have averaged a total of playing 14 games in those two years. Woodward has taken over for McPhail and done nicely at Antioch. Richard Campbell has had two very good seasons in a row at Hunters Lane. Arcente Broon, Jason Smith, and Anthony Law have all been to the playoffs as head coaches at McGavock, Stratford, and Whites Creek. Look for Mose Phillips to join that list before too much longer at Hillwood.

East Literature is going to be successful very quickly. They have got a ton of talented players for Stratford. With Bubba Spears and Jerry Pigue leading the charge it is sure to be a football team that will not lack discipline. If you can take athletes in Metro/Nashville and keep them somewhat disciplined on the field then your chances of winning are drastically increased right away. THIS IS SOMETHING GLENCLIFF HAS LACKED IN RECENT YEARS!!!!!

When you don't have Shaun Scales, CJ Scott, and CJ Johnson on the same team and you lack discipline there's no way you are going to be able to compete with Gallatin, Hendersonville, Antioch, Hunters Lane, etc. Coach Murray & Co. need to start off by trimming the dead weight and getting rid of the problems before any solutions are able to be reached as far as being successful at Glencliff.

Even though Blade has done a good job I dont think anyone other than you would say that he has done better than Ron has in any way. He inherited a program that Ron won a state title with. Ron inherited a program Rankin won with. Both have made it to the playoffs. Both are yet to win a gold ball.

You are right that metro has several really good coaches. I think East Lit has a chance to be really solid from the start. Bubba and Jerry will do quite well. Now they just need to add runtheball to their staff.

Glencliff has a chance to do better, they cant do much worse. However Glencliff will not compete with with the rest of their region as it is now. Their only chance is to go to 4A.

I believe they still have another school they are getting students from and I think those MLK kids will be playing for Pearl Cohn.

I don't think it will be a good situation for the Glencliff this year regardless of who the coach is. It will take several years for ANYONE to come in and change a football program that is one of the bottom of 5A. Add in the fact that Region 5 should be much stronger this year, and things aren't looking good for his first year, maybe they will at least beat Hillwood this year.