Great Season for Temple in 09?

temple4life

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great season Temple! We are proud of you and all you did this year on the court. We beat Grace, CSAS, Silverdale Twice. Another thing is that I want to say is Congrats to Coach Marcum for getting our guys ready to play each game.

You think they have what it takes to repeat next season??

Coach Marcum did not even believe Temple would make it to the state tournament and he had them pack their bags and check out of the hotel Wednesday before the game. He was planning on playing baseball already this past week. The coaching staff did not believe Temple could beat Grace or CSAS. I know it sounds mean but these boys did what they did in spite of the coaching. Marcum did more to hold this team back from what they really could accomplish. An experienced, veteran coach would have gotten a win Wednesday. He will grow and learn, hopefully.

Coach Marcum did not even believe Temple would make it to the state tournament and he had them pack their bags and check out of the hotel Wednesday before the game. He was planning on playing baseball already this past week. The coaching staff did not believe Temple could beat Grace or CSAS. I know it sounds mean but these boys did what they did in spite of the coaching. Marcum did more to hold this team back from what they really could accomplish. An experienced, veteran coach would have gotten a win Wednesday. He will grow and learn, hopefully.

Marcum got the guys to perform somehow. No one in the State thought temple would do that well, but they did. so i take it your not a mercum fan but i think he deserves a hand for making it that far.

If I had to guess, Temple probably had no choice but to check out of their hotel. Normally, if you are not out by a certain time (normally between 11 am and 1 pm), you are charged automatically for the next night. You can always check back in, but you can't check out after that time.

Green Acres, you must be an idiot. You Temple fans have had it so good, when you make the final 8 and lose to the #1 team in the state by 4 you find a way to throw it back on the coach. If you know so much why don't you get out of the stands and grab a clipboard. I'm sure you are pretty impressive in the Upward league. Temple probably should have hired you instead of Marcum if they knew what they were doing. I mean honestly, what veteran coach is going to take a pay cut and come work at Temple? Everyone knows Temple doesn't pay anything. Who did you guys expect to get? Some (not all, dadoffour), don't get it. You are so blinded by past success you can't handle anything less than a state championship. You guys are fortunate to have someone that is young and good at the same time. Maybe for your sake he will stay around a while. Good luck finding someone better. Any Temple fan in their right mind wouldn't be complaining right now, you have to be a disgruntled parent, that is the only way this makes any sense.

A great job was done by this years Temple coaching staff. Caleb did a great job this year in preparing his kids for each game. I don't care how long he has been coaching, he did a tremendous job. I talked to coaches that coach college basketball that was very impressed in the job that he did this year and at the state tournament. Green Acres--you made some ignorant comments! Just give credit where credit is due and leave it alone.

There have been posters from schools all over the state coming on these message boards to say that Coach Marcum must be a great coach to have led his team to state, then push the #1 team to the limit in the first round. Now you're going to get on here as a Temple fan and say something this stupid? You've got to be joking!

Great season Temple! We are proud of you and all you did this year on the court. We beat Grace, CSAS, Silverdale Twice. Another thing is that I want to say is Congrats to Coach Marcum for getting our guys ready to play each game.

You think they have what it takes to repeat next season??

I think they have what it takes to make it back to state next year, but it won't be easy. Other players will have to step up their games in a big way. As much as we need them on the football field next fall, they might be better off staying in the gym if they really want to be the best basketball team they can be.

I have been around Temple sports for a long time and I know a lot more about it then you think. There were better coaches available who would have gladly taken the job. Marcum is making plenty of money, and there are plenty of other coaches who would not mind having his paycheck. Temple is not lucky to have Marcum. Marcum is lucky to have a daddy on staff at HPBC who made sure he got paid plenty and ensures his job security.

What you saw on the court Wednesday was a young, inexperienced coaching staff enjoying the fruits of better, previous coaches like Wadley and Skogen. This team accomplished a lot in spite of the coaching. What I saw on Wednesday was more of the same coaching inexperience that we have suffered through all season long. Temple should have won on Wednesday and it was a lack of know how on the coaches' part on how to get them ready for the game. All season long, every time Temple got momentum going, the coach called a time out and took them out of rhythm. Temple played out of rhythm all season long and it was the coach's doing. The players know it is true. They have played for better coaches and they know the difference. If you know anything about basketball, especially Temple basketball, then you know that it was the coaching that hurt us. Think about it, with the exception of Jarrod Johnson, this is the same group of boys who have been mowing through JV teams since the ninth grade together. If you think they accomplished something this year, then you really do not understand what they really were capable of under better coaching. You go ahead and be satisfied with a first round loss. I know they could have been going home with another gold ball tomorrow.

Say what you want, but you never tell your team to pack up their bags when they are getting ready to go play in the first round. Pay for the hotel room another night and plan on enjoying another day at the tournament. What kind of message do you think that sent to the players?

I do not care how good other coaches think Marcum is or what an idiot you think I am, I know how good these boys really are and it is about time that their coaches open up their eyes. You people amaze me at your ignorance. Marcum did not think Temple would ever beat CSAS or Grace, ever! He did not even put it in his budget to go to the state tournament, even though people were telling him we were going since the beginning of the season. Why sit here and feel good about under achieving? The coaches were hoping that Grace won in the regional semis because they did not think they could beat CSAS. The boys wanted CSAS to win because they knew they could beat CSAS in the championship game.

You guys keep living in your sanitary world and keep accepting sup par as a standard. After next year. it will be a long time before Temple ever makes it out of region again.

I think you are bitter towards the coaching staff. I think by reading your post that you wanted Temple to have the worst season they have ever had. If you were a true temple fan, you would be thrilled that Temple had a great season. If Marcum was that bad of a coach, which he isn't, would they of made it as far as they did? i don't think so.

I think you are bitter towards the coaching staff. I think by reading your post that you wanted Temple to have the worst season they have ever had. If you were a true temple fan, you would be thrilled that Temple had a great season. If Marcum was that bad of a coach, which he isn't, would they of made it as far as they did? i don't think so.

Sure, I am thrilled to have a coach who led his team to a place he was not even planning on going. Sounds more like an accident than on purpose to me. Like I said, what success the team had was in spite of the coaching.

You probably should sharpen up your reading comprehension skills. What you should have gotten out of my post was that I knew Temple could have had a better season and I am disappointed that they did not show, on paper, how good they really were and that I thought better coaching would have opened the door for people to see how good Sexton and company really are. For all the accolades, few really grasped how good Temple really is.

Just so you know, I am not bitter, I am just being realistic and expressing my unbiased, objective point of view. You should try it some time. Surely, I am not the only Temple fan brave enough to post what I really think...

You sound like you might be one of the coaching staff or family who is taking offense to the obvious.

Green Acres--Ignorance is bliss! I think the coaching staff did a great job at the state tournament. You made a comment about Marcum calling timeouts when they had momentum. To the best of my knowledge, Caleb had to call a couple of TO's early because of the runs UC was making. The other timeouts he called was to give Sexton a breather. You do not know as much about the game as you think, nor do you know about how great of a coaching job Caleb and his staff did. Had it not been for the bad draw that Temple got, they would have been in the championship game.

CSAS had their bags packed the first day last year. i dont think it sends a bad message you pack your bags just in case you lose its not that big of a deal. the dude led his team somewhere nobody on earth thought they would make it to. They werent picked to get out of the region let alone make it to the state so why are you complaining