East Ridge tied CCS?

CSAS Soccer

I am not getting cocky at all. Yes our defenders were on their game. And yes during one of the free kicks CCS players ran and slid on the ground. I was there and Yes I did see this as well as alot of other parents maybe you missed it. Yes there is alot of season left, all I am saying is give credit where credit is due to the ER players who played well. Yes CCS is a great team. ER will suprise alot this year, we also have a good team this year. Maybe not

as good as some but we have came along way. And no this is not new to us. We had a good team last year as well.

Maybe again not as good as some but we did hang in there.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ERSOCCER...just when you had a few people think that was a great step for you to not win....but tie a game against a quality opponent....yes you got cocky. Yes you won some games last year....and again I mean no disrespect but I don't think you beat a power....if I am wrong please correct me. I do not have a dog in the hunt here for sure. But if CCS outshot you 25-5...it was not defense....it was maybe their aim was off? I realize this is new to you and I hope you have a great season...but maybe you are acting like this because......you have not been there before. CCSMAN's team has been there before....which is state tournaments....and knows soccer and what it is about. He seemed to be congratulating you on a fine effort. You tied a good team that must have outplayed you....but you found a way to tie it. Kudos to East Ridge.....but if you continue you give a bad reflection on your team for what.....a tie. Think about it.

I am not getting cocky at all. Yes our defenders were on their game. And yes during one of the free kicks CCS players ran and slid on the ground. I was there and Yes I did see this as well as alot of other parents maybe you missed it. Yes there is alot of season left, all I am saying is give credit where credit is due to the ER players who played well. Yes CCS is a great team. ER will suprise alot this year, we also have a good team this year. Maybe not

as good as some but we have came along way. And no this is not new to us. We had a good team last year as well.

Maybe again not as good as some but we did hang in there.

ER must have played well to have tied CCS but to say a field (small) does not change the game is wrong. This is your home field where you practice I am sure. That is not your fault. But a team that plays on a regulation field and then moves to a smaller field...it does change a game. No doubt. You should be happy with your play even though it sounds like CCS dominated in shots. Just remember it was a good tie for you and I am pretty sure that where you are happy...CCS is miserable about all of the lost shots that went astray. I don't support either team but good luck to both.

ER also has alot of speed. The field didn't keep them from playing well. ER is underestimated. They have a really good team this year and yes they have alot of talent also. ER did play CCS well and I think they will play alot more

just as well. Watch out for ER they may suprise alot of folks out there. .

ERSOCCER...just when you had a few people think that was a great step for you to not win....but tie a game against a quality opponent....yes you got cocky. Yes you won some games last year....and again I mean no disrespect but I don't think you beat a power....if I am wrong please correct me. I do not have a dog in the hunt here for sure. But if CCS outshot you 25-5...it was not defense....it was maybe their aim was off? I realize this is new to you and I hope you have a great season...but maybe you are acting like this because......you have not been there before. CCSMAN's team has been there before....which is state tournaments....and knows soccer and what it is about. He seemed to be congratulating you on a fine effort. You tied a good team that must have outplayed you....but you found a way to tie it. Kudos to East Ridge.....but if you continue you give a bad reflection on your team for what.....a tie. Think about it.

Ok so you just turned around everything that I said and took it out of content. But that is ok. All I was saying was give ER alittle credit. Maybe just maybe they are better than what you might would like to think.

Good luck to all the teams.

I think what everyone is trying to say, ER, is let your games and play do the talking. On these boards, if you beg for respect (which is not what I am saying you are doing, though it seemed to be heading in that direction) you tend to get none.

CCSman, I appreciate you keeping your head with your posts. It could have been easy to lose your cool. I know CCS and your program has proven to be a top notch program consistantly over the years. Every team has high and low moments, but it's not the exception but the mean that counts.

East Ridge, looking at your results from last season you are right about making some noise. You had some very respectable scores, and we will be keeping our eyes on you this season. You are in a very tough district. No one gave us any looks in 2003, but we showed that we were up to the challenge. I wish you good luck.

FYI...Notre Dame was in D2 until maybe 3 years ago. They did not fair well locally in D2. They made the decision to move out of D2. Obviously, they have done well in A/AA.

ERSOCCER,

Please, please stop typing. The more you type the more you take away a from what is a good result for your team.

THE SEASON IS VERY YOUNG (IE, no one except Brower knows how good CCS is or can be yet...all we know is how much CCS lost after last season... all the local teams are still "feeling each other out" and it is way too early to dial in any sort of verdict...the word from some local officials, however, is that they are not impressed with the Chargers as of yet - and yes Chargers I am typing that to get you pumped up! - , but Brower is a quality coach and will have them ready for the long haul) IN SEVERAL WEEKS CHATT. WILL SEE WHO IS STANDING IN THAT DISTRICT COME STATE. There are few quality coaches in that district and they are at CCS, Notre Dame and Hixson. Given that, I am willing to wager large sums of money that it will be Notre Dame and CCS going post season with Hixson and ERHS battling it out for third.

I will say, though, that at times it seems there is a bit of a private school bias on these threads. interesting that when a public school beats a small private school that we all jump to the stats and say that CCS was unlucky...just a thought. Maybe CCS and Notre Dame should jump into DII and see how they do. Might put things into perspective...

ERSOCCER...the word in the news is that your school is one of the most diverse in the area. With such a diverse student population to draw from, you should have better results than you have in the last couple of years. Why have you not!!! Coaching?? Disipline?? Please enlighten me!

25 shots to 5....WOW! Does not sound like a tie to me. Count your blessings that you played them early. As it is, I cannot wait to see a re-match in district tourney!

As you can see, I have absolutely no dog in the hunt here (shame on the "CCS'" for not playing D2 and shame on the "ERHS'" for trying WAY too hard to get respect on these threads so early in the season when so many teams are still trying to figure things out). In any event, good luck to all A/AA teams.

Division I teams like CCS, NOtre Dame, Grace, Boyd have not chosen to be in Division I because the compitition is easier. Notre Dame switched several years ago because it was really hard to compete with the $$ at the DII schools. I know Notre Dame and CCS almost always schedule Baylor and McCallie so it is not like they are scared of them. It is a decision made based on all sports not just soccer. You can't just play in DII in one sport.

Back to the topic. Kudos to East Ridge. They have been improving over the last couple of years and that is great for A/AA soccer. I am sure CCS will use this to their advantage but it could effect where the district tournament is played depending on what happens with the other games.

Division I teams like CCS, NOtre Dame, Grace, Boyd have not chosen to be in Division I because the compitition is easier. Notre Dame switched several years ago because it was really hard to compete with the $$ at the DII schools. I know Notre Dame and CCS almost always schedule Baylor and McCallie so it is not like they are scared of them. It is a decision made based on all sports not just soccer. You can't just play in DII in one sport.

Back to the topic. Kudos to East Ridge. They have been improving over the last couple of years and that is great for A/AA soccer. I am sure CCS will use this to their advantage but it could effect where the district tournament is played depending on what happens with the other games.

Trust me, CCS will be there when it counts. Last year CCS traveled to first year Bledsoe County and came out with a narrow 1 to 0 victory on a late PK and it was a wake up call that propelled them to the region championship and all the way to the state semi-finals so don't in no way look past them and think they won't be there............

FYI...I am fully aware that Notre Dame was in D2. And you just made my point..."they did not fair well locally in D2". IE, the path to post season glory is much easier in A/AA than in D2 for Chattanooga teams.

Thank you for making my point. As for the post saying they are not scared to schedule the D2 teams, I never implied otherwise. But we all know it is one thing to play D2 teams in a meaningless regular season game (in terms of post season implications ) versus playing them in the regular season when you, too, are a d2 team.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />