East Ridge tied CCS?

CSAS Soccer

D2 is much tougher than A/AA.was D2 around when ND won the state championship?

Notre Dame won the A/AA state tournament in 96 and 97.

DII was created in 98. Notre Dame reached the DII semifinals in 1998. They never advanced past regionals again before moving back to A/AA.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to have worked well for ND to have moved to A/AA. They do schedule McCallie and Baylor each year. This probably helps them by playing tougher competition in preparing for playoffs. I think they have tied each team once in the last couple of years but don't think they have ever beaten Baylor. Anyway it is good that they don't shy away from playing the best.

Notre Dame won the A/AA state tournament in 96 and 97.

DII was created in 98. Notre Dame reached the DII semifinals in 1998. They never advanced past regionals again before moving back to A/AA.

Who won your game. Or was it cancelled due to weather.

CCS probably outshot them 25 to 5 but just couldn't find the back of the net. East Ridge scored on a corner header and a rebound off the keeper. The field being so small hurt because CCS couldn't use their speed and everything they were kicking went way long. Give credit to East Ridge because their game plan worked and they do have some

pretty good players, they have about six hispanic players that start and they did pretty well. CCS will bounce back

and be there all year and they have a tough test tomorrow when they play Whitewater out of Georgia which was state runner-up last year in 4A.

I think you know better than that. We didn't have any penalty shots, those are inside the box and they're called PK's, but we did get some free kicks for fouls that were outside the box and we didn't connect. I have no idea what game you were watching but I never seen anyone falling to the ground on the free kicks!!! I wouldn't be getting too cocky, you guys played a good game but this is new to you all so I wouldn't be jumping the gun because there is a lot of season left to play and come May only the strong survive............

This is true that the free kicks are outside the box. I am glad to see that you know some of the rules for soccer.

Lets give you a Brownie button. But you were not at the same game that I saw CCS players tried a cool play by laying down on the free kick. And we are not getting cocky but doesnt it hurt not to beat a public school team.

i don't see where a private school in AA/A has such a huge advantake over a public school. csas is public and does quite well against the private schools. public/private is a weak argument.

Chattanooga I agree that in soccer it's not a private/ Public debate, but a debate over which schools have more club players. In the Chatt. area I think it's fair to say that private schools have more club players on their squads then most publics do.

Anywho...Congrats to East Ridge on a good game plan and well played game. But Beware, this season is early and others will not take you for granted from here on out...Private or Public. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

This is true that the free kicks are outside the box. I am glad to see that you know some of the rules for soccer.

Lets give you a Brownie button. But you were not at the same game that I saw CCS players tried a cool play by laying down on the free kick. And we are not getting cocky but doesnt it hurt not to beat a public school team.

ERdad,

I love it that you all are getting so confident but do me a favor look around in the middle May and see if you're players are still putting on their soccer gear and then get back to me, their is a lot of season left and heck, we're just getting warmed up. We will see you in the districts but not in the regions because you will be home.

CCSMAN,

I am going to have to agree with you on this. First of all ER has to realize that this post was ONLY started because ER has done something that I don't think they have ever done.....that is to not beat but tie a team that year in and year out goes to post season play. Now that being said.....I would be the first to congratulate ER on playing a fine game and tying CCS. That is great. But they have no reason to get cocky yet....if you notice the teams that are the traditional powers do not do this as a rule. To date that is all they have done. They tied Chattanooga Central and beat McMinn Central. None are ever talked about as being soccer programs or top 25, etc. You get my drift. AGAIN, ER, this thread was only created because it was a shock to see a tie score between ER and CCS. Guys, I don't know about you but this topic is getting old. Congrats to ER on a tie....but really wait to see what the season brings and see if you make it to the post season. There is really something to be said about about the quote ...."act like you've been there before".....even if you haven't yet.

ERdad,

I love it that you all are getting so confident but do me a favor look around in the middle May and see if you're players are still putting on their soccer gear and then get back to me, their is a lot of season left and heck, we're just getting warmed up. We will see you in the districts but not in the regions because you will be home.

CCSMAN,

I am going to have to agree with you on this. First of all ER has to realize that this post was ONLY started because ER has done something that I don't think they have ever done.....that is to not beat but tie a team that year in and year out goes to post season play. Now that being said.....I would be the first to congratulate ER on playing a fine game and tying CCS. That is great. But they have no reason to get cocky yet....if you notice the teams that are the traditional powers do not do this as a rule. To date that is all they have done. They tied Chattanooga Central and beat McMinn Central. None are ever talked about as being soccer programs or top 25, etc. You get my drift. AGAIN, ER, this thread was only created because it was a shock to see a tie score between ER and CCS. Guys, I don't know about you but this topic is getting old. Congrats to ER on a tie....but really wait to see what the season brings and see if you make it to the post season. There is really something to be said about about the quote ...."act like you've been there before".....even if you haven't yet.

yes you are right this is getting old. But ER was not the one getting cocky. When said the angle of the kicks were off and not because the er defenders were doing a good job. When saying the field is to short and yes you may have out shot us 25-5. Well that being said you got 2 out of 25 and we got 2 out of 5 so that could be taken either way. Yes we should be excited, but when we loose we don't make excuses as to why we didn't win or why we were tied. No one has said we will be the last one standing in May. It would be great if we were, if not the boys gave it there best. Again give credit where credit is due. Have a great seaon everyone.