Knox Halls

coachtinsider

.... And last but not least- I don't know the kids first name, but there has been a TON of buzz about RB Kevin Waggoner getting popped yesterday by a Freshman (upcoming sophomore) LB with the last name "Woods". I've heard he's the son of the new freshman coach, Coach Woods.

I haven't been to a practice either, but I too heard the buzz about the Woods kid. I thought he was a DB; anyhow, he apparently is a head-hunter who enjoys laying the wood (there's a pun there somewhere).

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Heard the injury bug took a big name today - Big Stevo. Let's hope he is able to return in a few days. From what I've seen/heard he was beginning to come into his own. Looks like Shaddox will get a look in his place on the O-line, but who will replace him on the D-line? I hope it's only a slight sprain.

I want to thank several of you for your supportive comments.

An update; per last night's stadium club meeting...

There will be no planned tailgate at this Friday's scrimmage against DB as the concession stand will be open.

The concept behind having an "early Spring tailgate" was for parents and other boosters who are already involved in the program to give those who are just coming on board (parents of this Falls' underclassmen) to learn about all the ways they could possibly get themselves involved to support the program, and by default, support their son's experience in Red Devil Football.

The tailgate was cancelled so as not to interfere with the opportunity to make some additional revenue for the program. Never-the-less, some members of the stadium club will be arriving early on Friday as we need to prepare to feed the players.

We still plan to set up a 10x10 canopy, near the concession stand and have information about all the fundraising actiivties and other happenings available to those who are interested. Parents & grandparents, an updated roster supplied by the coaching staff will be available at that location. It should help you identify players during the scrimmage.

Donkey Drop tickets are available for purchase at $50 each. Tickets all need to be sold in the next 12 days as the event will take place at the Red & White game on the 19th.

There are still some issues with getting ground broken on the new field house, but a great group of folks are still making every effort for it to happen in time for this Fall.

There will no longer be a scrimmage on the 16th.

Steve Hill "rolled his ankle" in yesterday's practice.

Several of the underclassmen appear to be making some strides as they participate on the scout team.

There are still some players not there due to other sports, mostly baseball at this point.

The next Stadium Club meeting is next Tuesday, the 13th at 7:00 pm. It is held in the classroom at the front corner (SE corner) of the high school, nearest the middle school. All parents are welcome to attend.

- I heard the start time for Friday (5/9) is 6:00. Is this true?

That is the "planned" start tme.

A lot will depend on when the DB team arrives and how long it takes to feed them.

The scrimmage is planned for @ 2 hours.

Dobbins Bennett never scored. The defense, obviously, played well.

You could tell the offense was not firing on all cylynders with the majority of the boys still playing post-season baseball being offensive players. Big Stevo was also out due to injury.

Chad Blakely seemed to get the most carries and ran tough. Took a big hit, but the way he popped right back up was almost as impressive as the hit. Halls RBs seem to run tough.

Things look to be shaping up for an exiting August.

Dobbins Bennett never scored. The defense, obviously, played well.

You could tell the offense was not firing on all cylynders with the majority of the boys still playing post-season baseball being offensive players. Big Stevo was also out due to injury.

Chad Blakely seemed to get the most carries and ran tough. Took a big hit, but the way he popped right back up was almost as impressive as the hit. Halls RBs seem to run tough.

Things look to be shaping up for an exiting August.

actually they did score once, i dont know if it was varsity or jv, but they did score once