Knox Halls

coachtinsider

Well, the most likely deep threat is swinging the bat right now. I hope all the dinged up guys get to healing before the fall rolls around!

i believe zabowski could be a great deep threat, he is fast and has the size. but i believe he needs to adjust to catching the football. it is alot different from playing catch with someone and trying to catch a slant over the middle with a defense. but i think he is started to ge the hang of it

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the most likely deep threat is swinging the bat right now. I hope all the dinged up guys get to healing before the fall rolls around!

Agreed. A lot of our offensive players are still out.

We've got a ding or two in our house as well.

i believe zabowski could be a great deep threat, he is fast and has the size. but i believe he needs to adjust to catching the football. it is alot different from playing catch with someone and trying to catch a slant over the middle with a defense. but i think he is started to ge the hang of it

I saw his "potential" when he was still running track.

Agreed he has the size and likely the hands (from playing basketball). I've seen him haul in a couple of nice passes, but that was late in the scrimmage against DB's "twos" and in our own internal scrimmages. I agree that where he is (as a reciever) is more a matter of experience than anything and he has the "potential to develop into a threat. IMO, he needs to move to the ball more and not just rely on his height advantage. He could be an excellent target for slants to the corner of the endzone.

I like the way our TEs are catching the ball in traffic.

I saw his "potential" when he was still running track.

Agreed he has the size and likely the hands (from playing basketball). I've seen him haul in a couple of nice passes, but that was late in the scrimmage against DB's "twos" and in our own internal scrimmages. I agree that where he is (as a reciever) is more a matter of experience than anything and he has the "potential to develop into a threat. IMO, he needs to move to the ball more and not just rely on his height advantage. He could be an excellent target for slants to the corner of the end-zone.

I like the way our TEs are catching the ball in traffic.

I thought a slant was a pattern ran across the middle. I didn't realize it was ran to the corner of the end-zone. I thought that was a fade or a corner route.

I thought a slant was a pattern ran across the middle. I didn't realize it was ran to the corner of the end-zone. I thought that was a fade or a corner route.

well technically i guess you could run a slant pattern out just as easy as running it in. the out route goes up then with a 90 degree turn goes out, so why not just run at a 45 degree angle towards the corner

It's a slant when the line of scrimmage is outside the red zone, but yes, in the manner you suggest (inside the 20) it is a fade. Either way, his height would make this an ideal pattern for him to get down pat before August.

/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I appreciate the respectful way we talk to one another in here. The DB thread has turned into some real bickering and in-fighting.

We've got a lot to look forward to IMO.

See y'all Monday night...

It's a slant when the line of scrimmage is outside the red zone, but yes, in the manner you suggest (inside the 20) it is a fade. Either way, his height would make this an ideal pattern for him to get down pat before August.

/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I appreciate the respectful way we talk to one another in here. The DB thread has turned into some real bickering and in-fighting.

We've got a lot to look forward to IMO.

See y'all Monday night...

btgoG, I don't mean this negatively in any way, whatsoever, so please don't take me as being negative. A slant route is anywhere from 1-5 yards, depending on preference and cutting hard towards the middle of the field at about a 45 degree angle. A fade route can be any number of things, but typically it's just a hey go get this route, or a "GO" route that literally fades towards the sideline...whether that is on our ten or their ten. A corner route can be run a couple of different ways, but typically a receiver pushes inside on the CB and then makes a precise cut to the corner of the endzone..hence the term corner route. A Post route is typically run straight ahead for about 10-12 yards (pushing outside on the CB and then cutting to a direct line to the field goal post. I hope this clears some things up just for purpose of this thread without anyone jumping on anyone else's case about being wrong. What time is the Red and White game Monday? It may have already been said, but I haven't looked back to see and need to sleep.

btgoG, I don't mean this negatively in any way, whatsoever, so please don't take me as being negative. A slant route is anywhere from 1-5 yards, depending on preference and cutting hard towards the middle of the field at about a 45 degree angle. A fade route can be any number of things, but typically it's just a hey go get this route, or a "GO" route that literally fades towards the sideline...whether that is on our ten or their ten. A corner route can be run a couple of different ways, but typically a receiver pushes inside on the CB and then makes a precise cut to the corner of the endzone..hence the term corner route. A Post route is typically run straight ahead for about 10-12 yards (pushing outside on the CB and then cutting to a direct line to the field goal post. I hope this clears some things up just for purpose of this thread without anyone jumping on anyone else's case about being wrong. What time is the Red and White game Monday? It may have already been said, but I haven't looked back to see and need to sleep.

No offense taken.

I played MLB in HS.

All I was saying is Zabowski is ideally suited, because of his height, to catch those passes that are thrown at or near the sidelines or corner of the endzone.

I believe the Red & White game starts at 6:00, but don't quote me on that.

No offense taken.

I played MLB in HS.

All I was saying is Zabowski is ideally suited, because of his height, to catch those passes that are thrown at or near the sidelines or corner of the endzone.

I believe the Red & White game starts at 6:00, but don't quote me on that.

Anyone know if the baseball players will participate in the red and white game or will they just be bystanders on the sideline?