Knox Halls

coachtinsider

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville will still take the top

Halls is much faster last year than in years past.

They did lose two playmakers though. Should still be #2 in region this year.

Clinton Qb is pretty good, as well as having a few players around him.

Central just because no one else has the speed they have below them.

Powell and South-Doyle is a toss-up. Powell only has one playmaker the QB. SD anyone could show up or not be eligible.

Lenoir City- Way out of their league. Might do a little better once the new classification #'s put them against some easier competition. If they actually made the vocational and academic school as one they would be real close to being a 5A team.

I'm gonna throw my 2 cents too...

1) Halls- not just because it's a Halls thread, or because I'm a Halls fan, but because I BELIEVE that the Devils have what it takes to knock off Maryville in Week 0, and not turn back from there. I see the devils finishing regular season with an impressive 9-1 record with the loss to coming from powerhouse Bearden. So call me crazy, but I take the boys in red finishing numero uno

2) Maryville- coming in at number 2, the Rebels will still be a strong team...but not strong enough haha! But Maryville does have tremendous playmakers in RB Thomas Shuler, QB Zane Winders (I don't even think he's starting this year), and WR Chris Jordan. So still a monstrous team, but not good enough for the 1 spot. Final record: 9-1

3) Clinton- This will be Clinton's finest team in quite a while. With swift QB Darien Stone and playmaker RB Wes Hazelhurst they will seek to make playoffs for the first time in a good era. I believe their only losses in district play will be to Halls & Maryville. DEFINATELY LOOK OUT FOR THIS TEAM in the 2009-2010 season

4) West- Jake Ryan, Ken Easterly, Will Coley, Jack Wagner, and Jake Klotzbach are ALL now gone due to graduation, but the West Rebels, I believe, will take 4 and make the last spot in the playoffs. And as far as I know, West will be starting a SO. as starting quarterback this year. We'll see how that plays for them

5) Central- Ever since the win over Halls last year, the Bobcats downhilled their season very-much-so finishing 4-6 last year. Don't know what to expect from the Bobcats without their mobile QB anymore. However, they have great players in RB Jamie Wilson, WR Wyl McMillan, and WR Courtland Styles

6) Powell- Ugliest year Powell will have in a quite a while. With the only 2 playmakers left in QB Kier Houston and DL Will Barnes, players such as WR Tyler Drummer and RB Tyler Powell will have to step up to shine. Regardless, I see a losing season for the panthers. In fact, I believe they would've had a losing season last year if they played stronger Nondistrict games.

7) South-Doyle- Didn't really want to say SD at the 7 spot, just because they DO HAVE POTENTIAL, but this is this is by far the toughest district in 4A ball. QB is junior Jason Conley...well as far as I know, regardless...bottom of the pit

8) Lenoir City- Well, some things never change

I'm gonna throw my 2 cents too...

"2) Maryville- coming in at number 2, the Rebels will still be a strong team...but not strong enough haha! But Maryville does have tremendous playmakers in RB Thomas Shuler, QB Zane Winders (I don't even think he's starting this year), and WR Chris Jordan. So still a monstrous team, but not good enough for the 1 spot. Final record: 9-1"

sounds strange, Maryville is 'not strong enough', and one of the 'tremendous playermakers' isn't even starting, then one would think that there might one or two other tremendous players not listed that Halls will have to measure up to...does Halls' have that many tremendous players?