Pearl Cohn Football 2008

12NCS

I suspect without DeAunte Mason at QB , the Firebirds will not make the playoffs. No discipline, poor coaching, lack of character and integrity will send them to the cellar of their division. White House will beat them by 4 touchdowns this year. They had 3 kids receive scholarships this past year not 12 like their staff claims.

Wow i wonder if you know any of PC coaches players, or anybody that has to due with Pearl Cohn Football, you get on here and bash a team and a program. You say there intergity are terrible. Who are you to judge a program a player and a coach. I knew somebody would get on here and say something bad about those players going to college. You should congrat those guys for going to college and doing something with there life. What you got on here and wrote bashing the progam i want to see you get off your screen name and walk up to PC coaches office and say what you just said.

On to the football side, yes Pearl Cohn has lost a lot of talent. but they are still the team everybody wants to beat. That so called bad coach (Mr. Toni Brunnette) will have to work hard in getting his team ready to compete. I dont think they will win the region with White House Looking pretty good. But they will make some noise in this region. but they will not drop all the way to the bottom.

I suspect without DeAunte Mason at QB , the Firebirds will not make the playoffs. No discipline, poor coaching, lack of character and integrity will send them to the cellar of their division. White House will beat them by 4 touchdowns this year. They had 3 kids receive scholarships this past year not 12 like their staff claims.

So what, 12 of their players received college interest and are attending anywhere from D1 to juco. Brunetti has worked hard to get the word out about his players and is trying to help them succeed past high school...he has to be commended for that.

Pearl has lost a lot the last two years, just as our Falcons did two years ago...and we still made it to the Championship. Many times it is not the players that make the program, but the program that makes the players. Brunetti lost a ton two years ago (Mason, Gupton and their TE). This year the staff developed Cox, Johnson and Venoy (although he is a major head case) out of nowhere. They may be down a little but they wont be that way for long. As a Falcon fan, I have tons of respect for Pearl Cohn, Brunetti and his staff!!!

"So what, 12 of their players received college interest and are attending anywhere from D1 to juco. Brunetti has worked hard to get the word out about his players and is trying to help them succeed past high school...he has to be commended for that. "

I agree, this team may be a little down but definately not out. They will be a tough team once again, and what other coach goes above and beyond for his players and any other he faces to get them signed? Brunetti has my respect, he just needs to teach his team how not to get stupid tuanting penalties.

This thread started with some harsh comments concerning the Pearl Cohn program questioning their character and integrity and poor coaching. If you were going to classify a team such as Pearl Cohn it would be best to reference that they may lack fundamental discipline. Using character and integrity brings in the whole team. Remember this team made it deep into the playoffs with something. I commend Tony on working on getting College interest in his players and program. It sets a tone for kids to work hard and strive for additional personal goals and instills pride in them as individuals and as a team. A team such as David Lipscomb who plays for state championships rarely has anyone who makes it to the college ranks as a player. Last years championship team had only 2 players to commit to play football on the next level. One to a Division ll team and one to a NAIA school. Remember Division lll teams do not offer offical athletic aid. However, they find ways to assist their players financially. Mount Union does it the best on D-III.

This thread started with some harsh comments concerning the Pearl Cohn program questioning their character and integrity and poor coaching. If you were going to classify a team such as Pearl Cohn it would be best to reference that they may lack fundamental discipline. Using character and integrity brings in the whole team. Remember this team made it deep into the playoffs with something. I commend Tony on working on getting College interest in his players and program. It sets a tone for kids to work hard and strive for additional personal goals and instills pride in them as individuals and as a team. A team such as David Lipscomb who plays for state championships rarely has anyone who makes it to the college ranks as a player. Last years championship team had only 2 players to commit to play football on the next level. One to a Division ll team and one to a NAIA school. Remember Division lll teams do not offer offical athletic aid. However, they find ways to assist their players financially. Mount Union does it the best on D-III.

Even though we didnt have all of our players (HOward) Pearl Cohn came and played hard lights out football. They were a good team. I dont know about their program I just know my impression was that they were a Class A football team

Pearl Cohn will not be a super power like they have been these last two years but to say that they are lying about scholarships and that they will finish in the Region 4-3A cellar is an understatement. Tony Brunetti has guided that team to the state semifinals each of the last two years. Along the way he is 2 fo 2 in the playoffs against White House. He is also 3 for 3 overall against both Station Camp and Sycamore.

For the last two off seasons this has been the talk on the forums. Two years ago folks were saying that Fitzgerald resigned and it took the AD, Scott Brunette, forever to hire Brunetti as the guy. They opened up the search on three different occasions prior to naming Tony as the head coach. I know guys that applied for the job. Last year everyone swore up and down that PC would be terrible. Mason was labeled as a QB that simply just "threw the football up for grabs". Losing Rashad Mason, Brian Gupton, Jeremy Gordon, Trokon Paye, and the entire starting offensive and defense line from the 2006 semifinal bunch was hard. It got even harder when Deaveon Gregory was kicked out of the school at the beginning of the 2007-2008 school year. Mason had a entirely new group of receivers in Wayne Cox, Michael Venoy, and William Johnson (who transferred from LaVergne). With that being the case the quarterback who couldn't throw and simply just "threw the football up for grabs" guided the Firebirds to another semifinal appearence and in the process he won Mr. Football.

Last off-season Deaunte Mason was said to be a poor quarterback. This off-season you'd swear that he is the second coming of Joe Montana the way that everyone is talking about how his loss will kill the PC football program. All this thread is about is a bunch of people HOPING THAT PEARL WILL BE TERRIBLE!!!

Pearl Cohn returns all of their linemen (Popovich, Ridley, Williams, etc.). They return all of their backs from a year ago (McLaurin, Murray, and Johnson). They return Jarvis Roberts and Darrell Fitzgerald. Let's not forget that it is a MAGNET SCHOOL. This means that you have to always take into account that they'll get a few players here and there. They always do! Finally outside of Sycamore the early season region slate is not very tough. Pearl doesn't play Greenbrier, White House, and Station Camp until the end of the year. They won't be young at that time. Also if there is a school that has ever proven able to go on the road and have success in the playoffs it would be PEARL COHN. See last year as well as the 1996 state title bunch.

Pearl Cohn will be a playoff team in 2008 no question about it.