Mr. Basketball

volman

No Tony didn't have a supporting cast my job was to rebound play interior defense and shot when my man helped off.

I know how good CJ was I coached him in the 8th grade. You proved my point if Justin would be the same player and they didn't make it to state would he still be up for Mr. Basketball? According to the other post Jenkins needed to take is team to state to be worthy of Mr. Basketball I think that is crap, if a kid is good enough then he is good enough if they go to state can't be left up to one kid.

Kimm was hurt then, Dee played 2 games Pierre was ok what the heck did Joe do?

Out of curiosity...what the heck did you ever do when you played??? Not dissing or anything BUT did you start...were you a main key player???

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity...what the heck did you ever do when you played??? Not dissing or anything BUT did you start...were you a main key player???

We had 3 seniors 2 of us started I played in the middle of our match-up zone, my job was to keep the other teams big guys from getting offensive rebounds and make open shots. I did my job, I had my chance to play NAIA but knee problems kept me from being able to play. I went for a open try out the coach told me I was on the team. I was working at the time and tore my ACL on my job and lost my window of opportunity. I am glad becaue I love coaching more than I did playing. Basketball saved my life I grew up in a home with drug addict parents and playing for Coach Hopkins was helped me. The greatest compliment I could have got as a player was when Coach Hopkins qouted in the paper that I did what I was supposed to do and be where I was supposed to be and I did my job. Yes I started. We played when 13AA was the toughest AA district in the State. We had 4 teams that could have won state and we where ranked 10th in the state.

We had 3 seniors 2 of us started I played in the middle of our match-up zone, my job was to keep the other teams big guys from getting offensive rebounds and make open shots. I did my job, I had my chance to play NAIA but knee problems kept me from being able to play. I went for a open try out the coach told me I was on the team. I was working at the time and tore my ACL on my job and lost my window of opportunity. I am glad becaue I love coaching more than I did playing. Basketball saved my life I grew up in a home with drug addict parents and playing for Coach Hopkins was helped me. The greatest compliment I could have got as a player was when Coach Hopkins qouted in the paper that I did what I was supposed to do and be where I was supposed to be and I did my job. Yes I started. We played when 13AA was the toughest AA district in the State. We had 4 teams that could have won state and we where ranked 10th in the state.

That 's great!! If you were at the jr. high when CJ played and were coaching...then you would have known my brother...he coached CJ in another sport /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> He still gets calls to this day asking where CJ is!!!!! Had alot of talent in fb as well!!

Yea I don't personally know your brother but what I have heard he is a great guy. CJ could play football if he wanted too but everyone knows his meal ticket is in BBall. No reason for him to risk injury He could be good on the diamond as well. All the kids that went to Northview that are juniors and sophomores that play at DC I had a chance to coach.

AA was a sham. john jenkins couldnt even lead his team to state, much less the region. justin blake and z mason got robbed.

Another point, I'm pretty sure Corey Brewer won Mr. Basketball in a year his team did not get to state. Not sure anyone could argue that. That argument is a bit silly. Players do not get to state, teams do.

Another point, I'm pretty sure Corey Brewer won Mr. Basketball in a year his team did not get to state. Not sure anyone could argue that. That argument is a bit silly. Players do not get to state, teams do.

GREAT POINT!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> john jenkins is totally deserving

Great point! All the west tn people want to do is point out their "record" and say because they went this far or won this or that then their player should obviously recieve the reward. Thats how much most of the so called coacht "experts" know! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Take MJ Brown off of UC and you still have a great team, take Sexton off of Temple and you have a very "average" team. I'm not saying Sexton should or shouldn't have won it but he was CLEARLY the best player on the floor when these two teams played last week and MJ only got his average from the foul line it wasn't like he was knocking down shots on Sexton. MJ should definitely have been nominated and is very deserving of the award but all the big kid from Manassas did was block a few shots and walk down the court half the time. He is a talent because he's so tall thats it. The kid from Culleoka isn't near the player Sexton is but because he was nominated last year i guess it was an automatic vote this year? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

No Tony didn't have a supporting cast my job was to rebound play interior defense and shot when my man helped off.

I know how good CJ was I coached him in the 8th grade. You proved my point if Justin would be the same player and they didn't make it to state would he still be up for Mr. Basketball? According to the other post Jenkins needed to take is team to state to be worthy of Mr. Basketball I think that is crap, if a kid is good enough then he is good enough if they go to state can't be left up to one kid.

Kimm was hurt then, Dee played 2 games Pierre was ok what the heck did Joe do?

Joe could play defense and he could handle the ball! Bill could shoot and so could Cowart! There was a supporting class 3 years ago but not as good as the past 2 years but none the less there was a supporting cast!

Great point! All the west tn people want to do is point out their "record" and say because they went this far or won this or that then their player should obviously recieve the reward. Thats how much most of the so called coacht "experts" know! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Take MJ Brown off of UC and you still have a great team, take Sexton off of Temple and you have a very "average" team. I'm not saying Sexton should or shouldn't have won it but he was CLEARLY the best player on the floor when these two teams played last week and MJ only got his average from the foul line it wasn't like he was knocking down shots on Sexton. MJ should definitely have been nominated and is very deserving of the award but all the big kid from Manassas did was block a few shots and walk down the court half the time. He is a talent because he's so tall thats it. The kid from Culleoka isn't near the player Sexton is but because he was nominated last year i guess it was an automatic vote this year? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

No, not ALL the west tn. people want to talk about their records. I for one repeatedly said records do not count this time of the year.....careful with the word ALL /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Z Mason is the TRUTH.....I haven't seen Jenkins play...He must be a very,very good player...I have seen Justin play on several occasions and he is a great player.....

I would dare to say that if "Z" was the "truth" they would have won it all. CPA is very talented but his unaggressive play and complacency doesn't put him "over the top". I don't know about the guy that won the Mr. Basketball Honor, but "Z" would have been the truth had he played at a higher level...once again he is wasting his talent. CPA championship: 3-15-"not this year"Mr. Basketball Honors: 3-15-"not this year"Watching CPA's 2008 magical run crumble: PRICELESS

I would dare to say that if "Z" was the "truth" they would have won it all. CPA is very talented but his unaggressive play and complacency doesn't put him "over the top". I don't know about the guy that won the Mr. Basketball Honor, but "Z" would have been the truth had he played at a higher level...once again he is wasting his talent. CPA championship: 3-15-"not this year"Mr. Basketball Honors: 3-15-"not this year"Watching CPA's 2008 magical run crumble: PRICELESS

Yea they have already brought up Corey Brewer. I will do it again. He played for Portland High School, which is a small AA school, and was the "truth". Z and John Jenkins are the closest thing to the "truth". You really need to get over yourself, you do a lot of talking for a team that didnt even make it out of regionals. And like people said earlier "3-15-08" is a goal, obviously DL didnt have any or maybe they would have came within 10 points more than once against CPA. Right??? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Not to mention Portland didnt even make it out of regions his Senior year... And if I am not mistaken he has two NCAA national championships, and plays for the T'Wolves right now...