Cascade pitcher has back to back perfect games!

FridayMainEvent

It's anyones perrogative and right to post their opinion on these boards and they should exercise that right. However, you will find people some people that would rather cut others down rather than build them up. It's just a fact of life, an unfortunate and disturbing fact indeed. Your act of kindness has been hammered into dust. DO NOT let the nay sayers cramp your kindness. This board needs more people to post as you do. The remarkable accomplishment by that young lady should be given it's due and not trivialized by jealous drivel. Thumbs up to you Cascade11! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

In other words, everyone should exercise their right to post but if you do not agree with what is being said you are wrong. Noone was being torn down or hammered into dust. Awful thin skin by some on here.

I agree that it is a great accomplishment. I would say show em what you got against the better teams and make them eat their words.

Your interpretation of my post stating when others disagree is "Wrong" as you put it, is nothing short putting words in my mouth that I didn't say. I call it like I see it. Thin skinned....far from it but apparently that is "your" perception. I say post all you want however you desire. All I asked was for Cascade11 not to stop posting when idle jealousies or negativity arises in a thread. Negative posts are what they are. If you post them, prepare to be judged by them just as positive posts are.

You see, there are athletes at all different levels on this message board. From intense competitor to a recreationalist. There is a place for all of them here not just the obsessive compulsives. That's how I see it. Let's take the two teams that were defeated Huntland and Community. Some people would wonder why even have a team if they are that bad. My take is that they love the game and there are plenty more that want to play at that level. It's not a bad thing. It's simply a different priority. You just have to be smart enough to recognize it. You'll notice the same thing in travel ball. There are teams that just don't have what it takes to compete at the upper level. You'll see players leave to go to more competitive teams while others sit still and complain about it. I always found it easier to not fight city hall when you've butted your head against the wall for too long. Just find a place where others have the same ideals as you. Teams evolve over time. I know for a fact that Huntland in the past, had several terrific teams for a town of that size. Change comes slower for small towns and usually occurs when things fall into their laps rather than trying to change it themselves stemming from a good coach moves into the area or a great athlete. Cascade has travelled the same path. Just a few years ago, they had a very good team and were tough competitors. Fortunately, there are some parents that want that back and are trying to change it. The coach is doing a great job turning that program around. Each and every accomplishment is something to build on. You take what you are dealt and make the BEST of it. That's how great programs get started.

Just to set the record straight, my oldest daughter was one of the worse pitchers you would have ever seen when she was twelve to fourteen years old. Simply horrible. She was so bad that Club K gave up on her. She would not accept defeat and continued to work, even at my beckoning to find something else to do. By her fifteen year old season, she was developing into a formiddable opponent. By her sixteenth birthday, she was pitching in the state tournament at Chattanooga. The rest is history and a compelling one indeed. For those of you that think you don't have what it takes, rest assure that anything is possible. Greatness is not born, it is made. Good luck to all of you this season. Anything is possible if you want it bad enough as my oldest proved to me.

ERA

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see this is that when you go out on a limb on a message type site like coacht what do you expect. When you put something out there you have to know that you are going to get both positives and negatives. So do yourself and the players you support a favor and just dont post about them. The way I see this is that when you go out on a limb on a message type site like coacht what do you expect. When you put something out there you have to know that you are going to get both positives and negatives. So do yourself and the players you support a favor and just dont post about them. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Hey Cascade11...I know this isn't girl's basketball, where I can usually be found /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> , but just wanted to say what a great job you do promoting sports over there in Cascade!!! Especially wanted to congratulate the young pitcher on her accomplishment...2 perfect games against any team means HER team was "in the zone"!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey Cascade11...I know this isn't girl's basketball, where I can usually be found /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> , but just wanted to say what a great job you do promoting sports over there in Cascade!!! Especially wanted to congratulate the young pitcher on her accomplishment...2 perfect games against any team means HER team was "in the zone"!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks, AuntKim! It's nice to come across the daisies of the world such as yourself when wading through a field of weeds... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> It doesn't look like I'll be able to get off work early enough to see the game Tuesday! (Who's bright idea was that to start a game at 12:30?) My wife will be there keeping the books for Cascade, so go over and introduce yourself. Take care!

Cascade 11 can you believe that people would talk about things that people make comments about on here? I agree great job by your pitcher, but people sometimes like to find the negative things to say.....instead of being excited for your pitcher! Sure it depends on who she was pitching against because if she was throwing against Goodpasture and MJ she may not have had a perfect game but I dont believe that is a reason not to be happy for her....but some people are just not happy! I still believe some of these people had a bad childhood! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Cascade 11 can you believe that people would talk about things that people make comments about on here? I agree great job by your pitcher, but people sometimes like to find the negative things to say.....instead of being excited for your pitcher! Sure it depends on who she was pitching against because if she was throwing against Goodpasture and MJ she may not have had a perfect game but I dont believe that is a reason not to be happy for her....but some people are just not happy! I still believe some of these people had a bad childhood! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

You are as transparent as a piece of glass.You did not give the pitcher a compliment you simply put in a plug for your teams.You are a little man behind a computer.Maybe you match your brain.(little bity)I would bet you were about as athletic as a three legged dog.You really need to go sit down!!!!!!!!!!! I had a GREAT childhood too. Now you can go ahead and post your ignorance to this post.

Ignorance is a great word for your comments! You must have had some problems in your life not to see that I made a postive comment! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> I thought the pitcher did a great job! Why do some people always look for the bad.....I wish our pitcher could throw two perfect games!! I bet any school in the state wish that their pitcher could also, so great job pitching! But about being athletic how did you know that I played college sports at an OVC school?? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> and I had both legs! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Newbie:

Ignorance is a great word for your comments! You must have had some problems in your life not to see that I made a postive comment! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> I thought the pitcher did a great job! Why do some people always look for the bad.....I wish our pitcher could throw two perfect games!! I bet any school in the state wish that their pitcher could also, so great job pitching! But about being athletic how did you know that I played college sports at an OVC school?? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> and I had both legs! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

First of all positive has 2 i .As far as your comments go you just made my points.What will you do when softball is over and no one is posting.You might have to post on something you know.Have a great day.

What school and what sport in the OVC, NoitAll?