District 13-AA in 2008

1brutalchoctaw

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gillam and CJ should be in the hunt barring neither gets injured. Never know who might step up from other teams. Gillam has been out a few times in his HS career with injuries, CJ has started every game I don't think he has had any major injuries to keep him from playing.

I agree but if nick is goin to make a run at it he is goin to have to step up his play. if he plays like he did this year he will have an ok season and central will finish in the middle but if he plays with the potential he has then he will be bringin it home and the rebels will be VERY competitive

To be honest with you folks...I would not be surprised to see Obion Co. take the District next year. They return Nick Gilliam, the Boucher kid, and one other starter...I believe district will come down to Dyer Co. and Obion Co...Dyer Co. has CJ and Rex back and of course a bunch of young players coming up but it just depends on how they make the transition from jr. high to high school. Overall 13AA will be down next year as well as the talent level.

To be honest with you folks...I would not be surprised to see Obion Co. take the District next year. They return Nick Gilliam, the Boucher kid, and one other starter...I believe district will come down to Dyer Co. and Obion Co...Dyer Co. has CJ and Rex back and of course a bunch of young players coming up but it just depends on how they make the transition from jr. high to high school. Overall 13AA will be down next year as well as the talent level.

Don't forget Thomas Cooper and Jake Alexander... Alexander is 6'4 and didn't play cause he got hurt! But his Sophomore year he was a shot-blocker and a rebounding machine!!

Don't forget Thomas Cooper and Jake Alexander... Alexander is 6'4 and didn't play cause he got hurt! But his Sophomore year he was a shot-blocker and a rebounding machine!!

In your opinion is Cooper and Alexander college material. I didn't get a chance to see Alexander. ..Does he play above the rim and can he be a consistent low/high post player?

In your opinion is Cooper and Alexander college material. I didn't get a chance to see Alexander. ..Does he play above the rim and can he be a consistent low/high post player?

I wouldn't exactly say above the rim, but he can get up there! He needs a little bit of weight and/or muscle and he could hang with the best of them! Also has a nice mid-range jumper! Cooper could be a college player but probably NAIA or low-major! Alexander not sure about him but he could help DC and if Jon Roberts would play AAU ball and go to basketball camps over the summer he would be a GOOD low post player!

Alexander doesn't have the drive to be a good player he is tall and athletically he is ok but he needs alot of work just like Roberts. DC will have Kurt Jackson, Chuck Davis, John Alexander, and John Roberts inside next season. Thats 20 fouls in the post each night, and the kids range from about 6'2-6'5ish maybe bigger. All the kids can bring a little something, Kurt is the smartest of the 4, he is very coachable and so is Chuck. John and Jake just don't have a "basketball" mind frame but will alter shots and rebound.

Alexander doesn't have the drive to be a good player he is tall and athletically he is ok but he needs alot of work just like Roberts. DC will have Kurt Jackson, Chuck Davis, John Alexander, and John Roberts inside next season. Thats 20 fouls in the post each night, and the kids range from about 6'2-6'5ish maybe bigger. All the kids can bring a little something, Kurt is the smartest of the 4, he is very coachable and so is Chuck. John and Jake just don't have a "basketball" mind frame but will alter shots and rebound.

I agree that Alexander and Roberts needs work, but so does Kurt and Chuck everyone can always improve! John is an ok player with some help he could become a good player... and Jake is a good player with more work he could become a great player!