Solomon

You guys know where I stand on most issues. I am an outspoken critic of George W. Bush and a liberal. I have served my country and so have my family for many years. I think I understand a little about political history and I honestly believe we are seeing a seed-change in American politics. Obama will win the nomination of the Democratic Party after yesterday's speech. I have been reading the comments made by many of the undecided superdelegates and it is overwhelming what they are saying. He will NEVER sway the old southern vote and you have to understand that is where most of your mindset or world view is. There is nothing wrong with that mindset! The thing is most of us can't always look beyond our world view to see there are many others who see the world differently!

No one is denying that Dr. Wright 's comments were terrible! No one is defending the old guy. Obama did not attempt to defend him but he did not throw him under the bus for it because he knows the man in a personal way like all of us know folks who say things that we are uneasy with from time to time. I know Dr. Wright's words will continue to haunt Obama in the general election and each of us will have several months to view the vision and rhetoric of both John McCain and Obama. We will be able to decide who is best at this point in time to lead this nation. Race will continue to pop up from time to time but this campaign is about much more than just this one issue.

The interesting thing about Obama is that he has always considered himself above race because he is probably more white than black, in that, he has been raised by the white side of his family. You may not like who is friends are and you may not like him for his policies but don't hate him because he has friends who have said some stupid things!

Bay Buchanan, a conservative Republican political advisor, said this morning that Obama's speech was one the most important speeches in American history. She said that she would still be voting for McCain; however, it will be because she is a Republican and because of the issues. She encouraged Republicans not to use race as an issue to vote against Obama.

Perhaps I didn't listen to the same speech the rest of America did.....

All the way through the speech were subtle attempts to defend the guy. "You don't see the good he's done", "Given when he grew up, he has a right to be angry", etc. etc. etc.

Of course, liberals go with hearts instead of what the facts show. Obama has you and the rest of his supporters played for fools.

Announcements