District 13

dcsoftball

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Pioneerpride13 What the heck happen!!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

We couldn't do anything. We couldn't hit. We couldn't catch balls. But one thing is for sure it isn't just one player that wins or loses the games it is the whole team. But the girls will put negative behind them and look at all the positive. We are so much better this year than what we have been in the past. We just have to move forward.

We couldn't do anything. We couldn't hit. We couldn't catch balls. But one thing is for sure it isn't just one player that wins or loses the games it is the whole team. But the girls will put negative behind them and look at all the positive. We are so much better this year than what we have been in the past. We just have to move forward.

I agree....Sometimes there are just going to be days like that. That is just part of it. Coach Henson will get them back on track. You can bet on that /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Not to overlook that Westview is a pretty solid team when they decide to play ball. What is scary is they seem to finally be putting it all together.

I look forward to watching them play this weekend! I think Gibson is in the torney also. Do you know Pioneerpride13. Hey did your catcher sign with Union? Hope the rain holds off!!!!

Thanks for the reply!!!

I agree....Sometimes there are just going to be days like that. That is just part of it. Coach Henson will get them back on track. You can bet on that /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Not to overlook that Westview is a pretty solid team when they decide to play ball. What is scary is they seem to finally be putting it all together.

I look forward to watching them play this weekend! I think Gibson is in the torney also. Do you know Pioneerpride13. Hey did your catcher sign with Union? Hope the rain holds off!!!!

Thanks for the reply!!!

Yes we are playing in the tournament this weekend. I am waiting for call right now to see if they are still playing games today. It has already rained some but I don't know if it has rained enough to cancel games. I am pretty sure the catcher is signing with Union, but don't know if it has been done yet or not. Good Luck in the tourney. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

How did all the teams do this past weekend?

Dyer Co lost to Brighton 2-0,Beat Clarksville NE 1-0, then lost to Covington 10-0.

Obion Central is in the Martin Border War

In pool play: Lost to Camden 8-2, Lost to Columbia Academy 11-1, lost to Marshall Co., Ky 4-1

In Tournament play: Beat South Fulton 4-1, Beat Huntingdon 1-0

Play at 1:00 Today against Harpeth/Creekwood winner

Gibson County played in the Border Wars Tournament at Martin. They beat Gleason, lost to Harpeth, beat Murray Kentucky, and also beat Henry County. We play Marshall County this afternoon. Girls really played hard even without their allstar standout Katie Davis. I was really proud of those girls. Davis should be back today though so who knows maybe GC can come out of this tournament a huge winner /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Gibson County played in the Border Wars Tournament at Martin. They beat Gleason, lost to Harpeth, beat Murray Kentucky, and also beat Henry County. We play Marshall County this afternoon. Girls really played hard even without their allstar standout Katie Davis. I was really proud of those girls. Davis should be back today though so who knows maybe GC can come out of this tournament a huge winner /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If I am not mistaken, you play Ripley today at 1:00. They are probably the tournament favorites with their two college signed pitchers and the hitting they have. Marshall would have been a lot better, but I think it is Ripley.

Martin played in the Martin Border Wars Tournament this weekend.

Pool Play

WESTVIEW 0 STATION CAMP 2

WESTVIEW 10 CHESTER CO 0

WESTVIEW 0 RIPLEY 2

Bracket Play

WESTVIEW 13 MURRAY 0

WESTVIEW 0 MARSHALL CO KY 1

Martin Border War was finished up on Sunday afternoon. Some of the teams did not return for Sunday's games.

Final Four

Marshall County, Ky 8 vs. Gibson County 7

Obion County 4 vs. Creekwood 1

Finals

Marshall County 7

Obion County 1

Good Tournament and weather was great on Sunday.

Went the the tourny at Martin this weekend. I thought the guys that put the tourny on did a great job, considering all of the rain. I very proud of how Gibson, Obion and Westview played in this weekend. This is a very good district they played against some very good teams this weekend.

The 'View bats went back to sleep /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Hope they wake up before district tourny play starts back up or it could be a short post season. Someone was telling me they play Camden today. That should be a pretty good match up. Camden is down just a little from last years team but don't you dare sleep on this team. They will battle you anytime anywhere.

Ripley's pitching is very good. The Winner and runner up from district 13 will have their hands full with any one of these two teams. Obion is starting to put it all together now. I am just saying you better watch out for Gibson and Obion in district torny play. Remember you heard it here first. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />