Volunteer Falcons 2008?

VHSFALCONS

I I'm not hating no one I support every single person that plays Volunteer football. I was just commenting because I do know that your brother told the upperclassmen running back to not worry about starting that he was going to be the one on the field. I find that a little hard to say coming in as a freshmen not ever taking one varsity snap. If your really interested in how I know of your brother it just so happens that I am dating a girl thats brother is a player at Church Hill middle and is very good himself. I'm not taking anything away from how good the kid may be but I don't feel that coming in as a freshmen you can guarantee to start, now playing time could be a different story as a down and distance back. I never said he wouldn't play I don't foresee him starting this season but let him prove me wrong it won't be the first time.

The talk about the weight room and having to lift all this weight to play thats should def STOP because if that were true I wouldn't have played. I max as a sr the same weight on bench I max as a fresh. Granted that lift in football isn't all that big of a deal unless you play line but my max on squat only went up 150 in four years and power clean only 70lb in 4years. So that is not at all what makes a good football player but I will tell you this, the weight room does help a WHOLE lot come game time.

Smith25(52)

So you're dating a girl that has a brother in middle school that knows Devin, but you have never spoke to him in your life, and you think you know him. You don't know anything about him and you like to gossip. Come on dude really I'm tired of hearing this

Just talked to him that is not true at all. He probably hasn't even spoke to the upperclassmen RBs unless they spoke to him. He is a shy kid until you get to know him.That is not what he's about. So don't be putting stuff up here that you don't know is true or not. He is a good kid and he don't need people posting lies about him on here. Don't make it harder on him by putting BS up here that is not true. It's going to be hard enough being a freshman.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Boonie as well, lets use these boards on here as support for these young men and not a bunch of bickering amongst ourselves (unfortunately that will start soon enough without our help!). Ed I know you well and how much you support everyone of the falcon players and I'm sure Rogers & Nike are the same way so lets let the boys work their butts off on the field and coach Rider will make the best decision for the team. Nothing we say on here will change that.

Boonie, I would really appreciate it if you could let me know when the upcoming scrimmages are? And as always if you ever need anything just let me know. Looking forward to seeing all of you soon!!!!

"LETS ROLL FALCONS"

I agree with Boonie as well, lets use these boards on here as support for these young men and not a bunch of bickering amongst ourselves (unfortunately that will start soon enough without our help!). Ed I know you well and how much you support everyone of the falcon players and I'm sure Rogers & Nike are the same way so lets let the boys work their butts off on the field and coach Rider will make the best decision for the team. Nothing we say on here will change that.

Boonie, I would really appreciate it if you could let me know when the upcoming scrimmages are? And as always if you ever need anything just let me know. Looking forward to seeing all of you soon!!!!

"LETS ROLL FALCONS"

Not a problem. Here is what I have heard of so far. I don't know the times. Someone please correct me if this is not right.

Scrimmages

August 1 - Elizabethton at Volunteer

August 8 - Volunteer at Gate City

August 13 - Volunteer at Sullivan South

August 15 - Five Rivers Jamboree at Morristown

GAMES

Aug 29 Sullivan East AWAY

Sept. 5 Cocke Co HOME

Sept 12 Clintwood AWAY

Sept 19 Daniel Boone AWAY

Sept 26 Bell Co. KY HOME

Oct 3 Greeneville HOME

Oct 10 David Crockett AWAY

Oct 17 Morristown East HOME

Oct 24 Morristown West AWAY

Oct 31 Cherokee HOME

So you're dating a girl that has a brother in middle school that knows Devin, but you have never spoke to him in your life, and you think you know him. You don't know anything about him and you like to gossip. Come on dude really I'm tired of hearing this

Just talked to him that is not true at all. He probably hasn't even spoke to the upperclassmen RBs unless they spoke to him. He is a shy kid until you get to know him.That is not what he's about. So don't be putting stuff up here that you don't know is true or not. He is a good kid and he don't need people posting lies about him on here. Don't make it harder on him by putting BS up here that is not true. It's going to be hard enough being a freshman.

If you read I said know OF not know him but I'm done with this "fight". I'm not one bit downing your brother and his playing ability. I said I don't feel a freshmen could come in and just start game 1 at a key position as RB getting 20 30 carries. I'm not saying he won't nor that he shouldn't because if he is ready then play the kid. I know all the coaches are up beat about him because they have told me and I also know they want to use his speed to the teams advantage. From what I know about the kid I wouldn't be surprised to see him play some time at WR or a slot to use that speed with some motion and hand him to ball or get it to him in a screen and use his speed. I hope he does get some good playing time because that will only be the best for him in the years to come. Good luck and hope to make it to the betsy scrimmage and possibly come up and watch some practices before I get started up myself.

Go Falcons

Go Wasp

-Smith25(52)

I dont know the Rogers kid but have heard a lot about him. If he is as fast as people say then I can definatly see him getting some PT this season, now whether or not he will start that may be hard to do as a freshman because you dont see many freshman start in football. Look at Curt Phillips from South for example, as good of a player that he was in high school he did not start one game as a freshman. As for the weight room comments, being strong is good but being fast is even better and that, from what i hear, is definatly something that he has going for him. High school football and even college football is ALL about speed!!! How strong you are really doesnt mean anything if you can outrun everyone. I can see him getting plenty of playing time this season because to be honest with you I havent heard a single word being said about the RB's that are returning for volunteer and dont remember seeing any underclassmen RB's play last season so as far as i am concerned Rogers has just as good of a chance at starting as anyone.

As for the rest of the team I look for the falcons to win more than three games like Ed said and making the playoffs is definatly possible. They need to really utilize the skill players such as Bennett and Waterson. Like I said before speed is everything and Bennett and Waterson are quick so get the ball to them as much as possible whether that be through the passing game or running game GET THE BALL IN THEIR HANDS. I would like to see them mix it up and put one of them in as QB every now and then kinda like Tennessee did with Gerald Jones last year. keep opposing defenses honest. If volunteer can do this they will be successful on the offensive side of the ball.

I dont know much and havent heard much about the O-line and the defense so im not going to comment on them.

Good luck Falcons!!!

time to bump this thread up.

I know there has to be more supporters of the Falcons lurking on the board, come on a post a few comments on your thoughts for this upcoming season.

Also anyone with the touchdown club, it would be nice to be able to order some items and have them shipped. Maybe see about setting up a online store on the Falcons website and accepting paypal?

Best of luck to the Falcons this year...i know Coach Rider has had them workin hard in the weight room.

With three-a-days getting ready to start i know they will be glad they did work that hard. Because what other team in Tennessee has to walk up a hill like the Falcons do to practice. And I know that walkin that hill the past four football seasons in full pads with some days in 90+ heat it felt like you were climbing a mountain!

Best of luck to the Falcons this year...i know Coach Rider has had them workin hard in the weight room.

With three-a-days getting ready to start i know they will be glad they did work that hard. Because what other team in Tennessee has to walk up a hill like the Falcons do to practice. And I know that walkin that hill the past four football seasons in full pads with some days in 90+ heat it felt like you were climbing a mountain!

Yes the weight room was absolutely packed when I picked up my brother from the school the other day. I know someone around here has to have some spare change to throw Volunteers way. We always needed an add on to that weight room now with all the players that are coming out to play it's very much needed! With the weight room filled to the rim and what looked to be possibly the freshmen outside running it looked like that falcons will be ready to strap it on this next week for two a day/three a days. I hope to make it down to one of the scrimmages and practices before I ship out to start my dirt work of pre season, best of luck to the falcons!

GO FALCON!

Smith25(52)