Bearden Invitational

Tribe007

We (CAK) tied Hendersonville 0-0 tonight. I really enjoyed Hendersonville's style of soccer... they moved the ball well, and played very good defense. There will be an article tomorrow in the News Sentinel.

I know that Bearden is up 3-0 in the first half over Gallatin.

Hey Big G, watched the game tonight. I thought in the beginning both teams were a little out of sinc. I guess that is to be expected. CAK had a great shot on goal in the first half that pegged the cross bar. Just missed a goal! Hendersonville, I thought, controlled the second half- especially on defense. They really move the ball in the back. They appeared much more comfortable in the 2nd half. Now both teams should settle in for there next games. Good luck at home against Morristown West tomorrow night!!

The Bearden game ended 7-0. They look impressive!! They scored a goal in 30 seconds! 1 mistake by a defender can be costly. They move the ball up top (on offense) like a team does late in the season. Tonight they had 7 goals from 6 different players and assisits from 4 different players. Beardens defense looks a little out of timing, but man do they close FAST!! They have speed all over the field! I have no idea how to gauge them so far, but by the time this tournament is over, everyone will know where they are at!! Playing Christian Brothers will straighten things up! Since Gallatin has Maryville tomorrow and West on Saturday, they should have all the soccer they can stand for this week! Tough road for Gallatin! This should be a great bunch of games!!! Good luck to all teams!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Big G, watched the game tonight. I thought in the beginning both teams were a little out of sinc. I guess that is to be expected. CAK had a great shot on goal in the first half that pegged the cross bar. Just missed a goal! Hendersonville, I thought, controlled the second half- especially on defense. They really move the ball in the back. They appeared much more comfortable in the 2nd half. Now both teams should settle in for there next games. Good luck at home against Morristown West tomorrow night!!

The Bearden game ended 7-0. They look impressive!! They scored a goal in 30 seconds! 1 mistake by a defender can be costly. They move the ball up top (on offense) like a team does late in the season. Tonight they had 7 goals from 6 different players and assisits from 4 different players. Beardens defense looks a little out of timing, but man do they close FAST!! They have speed all over the field! I have no idea how to gauge them so far, but by the time this tournament is over, everyone will know where they are at!! Playing Christian Brothers will straighten things up! Since Gallatin has Maryville tomorrow and West on Saturday, they should have all the soccer they can stand for this week! Tough road for Gallatin! This should be a great bunch of games!!! Good luck to all teams!!

Pseudo, was it just me, or was Hendersonville HUGE?! Those are some big boys. I think we ran out of steam in the second half (we definitely had more of an attack in the first) and I will agree with you on their defense.

I can't wait to play Morristown West tomorrow night. The head coach was a player on my very first soccer team back in 1993. He and I are great friends, and I look forward to playing his boys. Should be a great game, I know he is doing a fantastic job there.

First things first... farragut, i like the fact that farragut is not in the Bearden invitational, because perosnally, i hate seeing a team play another team 4 times in one seaosn, like last season, i mean honestly who cares after the first 3 times they play and they swap wins, it just so happened that last year farragut won when it mattered, although they were offsides in one of their goals, and bearden had a goal taken away for no reason, but hey, who cares bearden won the year before, so let farragut have it.

now bearden this year should be interesting, bearden will have the offense period. they will dominate on the attack, their forwards are just that good. but they will not be that great on the defensive side of things... they are coming off from losing pretty much their whole defense and they will be going back to having 4 defenders instead of the 3 they had last year. i'd say bearden would be better off playing kick it and run because their strength is in their forwards, regardless of how ugly their soccer might be they will get it done where it counts.

First things first... farragut, i like the fact that farragut is not in the Bearden invitational, because perosnally, i hate seeing a team play another team 4 times in one seaosn, like last season, i mean honestly who cares after the first 3 times they play and they swap wins, it just so happened that last year farragut won when it mattered, although they were offsides in one of their goals, and bearden had a goal taken away for no reason, but hey, who cares bearden won the year before, so let farragut have it.

now bearden this year should be interesting, bearden will have the offense period. they will dominate on the attack, their forwards are just that good. but they will not be that great on the defensive side of things... they are coming off from losing pretty much their whole defense and they will be going back to having 4 defenders instead of the 3 they had last year. i'd say bearden would be better off playing kick it and run because their strength is in their forwards, regardless of how ugly their soccer might be they will get it done where it counts.

Bearden always plays kick and run! Turner likes it, and it plays to Bearden's strengths (strong forwards). However, I do not remember AT ALL Bearden only having three defenders last year. Their formation appeared to be more of a backline of six. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I am actually not joking on this. I could have sworn last year that they played a 6-2-2...or it might have been a 8-0-2 /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />. I am making a joke out of something that frustrates me: Bearden packs it in, booms it long, and relies on their forwards to light you up. Hey, as you put it, it ain't pretty, but it works!

Been out of town for a while, so I missed the Stone game, but I am back now, and went to the Hendersonville game.

I would agree with you, Big G, that the Hendersonville boys were HUGE! I don't know what they feed those boys, but it sure makes them big. I thought that CAK brought it to them in the first part of the first half, and had a couple of good looks at goal. The misclear my Hendersonville's keeper into CAK's forward went inches wide. Jake had 2 awesome volleys, which one clanged right off the crossbar. I think everyone in the stands thought it was a goal at first!

Once Hendersonville settled down, they began a good attack, and moved the ball well. Their best opportunity came from a good flank attack, to a header that just cleared the crossbar. Hendersonville was tenatious at defense, especially #6 (which I think was Patrick Kelly) and their red headed defender. They also subbed alot more than CAK, and didn't lose much when they did.

The second half was a little card happy, with 3 (I think) going to Hendersonville and one to CAK. I think one for for encroachment and one was for hard tackle? Not sure about the others. Christo needs to learn to keeps his arms down!

CAK battled well until they ran out of steam with about 15 minutes left. They still played well defensively, but didn't really mount any attack.

Overall, I think it bodes well for CAK to play a team of this caliber, and come out with a tie, as well as on paper, more chances on goal (shot counts always humor me, but that is a seperate thread). There are not too many teams in A/AA that have this much talent, size and agression that CAK will face until later in the season.

As far as Hendersonville, I think you will see a different team tonight against Catholic. I think they were frustrated with the tie, fatigued by the bus ride, and will be ready and rocking tonight after a day off. This will be Catholic's first game, though, and Catholic is a TOP notch team as well. Should be a great game.

On a side note, I thought that the player of the game for CAK was Philip Chesney. He is so powerful in the air, and won almost every 50-50 ball. He never slowed down, and always has the best attitude. Great job, Philip. Proud of you, man!

Offsides on a goal....Hmmm? I dont quite remember that one happening, even after watching a video of the whole game. But who knows I could be blind I guess.

So im guessing Tom and Aarron each had a goal that game and then got taken out? Anyone know?

yep rewatch it the goal that rober fisher scores is clearly offsides, it was beautiful, but offsides, and i they took a goal away from bearden during the first half that would of made it 3-1 instead of 2-1.

Offsides on a goal....Hmmm? I dont quite remember that one happening, even after watching a video of the whole game. But who knows I could be blind I guess.

So im guessing Tom and Aarron each had a goal that game and then got taken out? Anyone know?

Pinball, What video are you watching? Bearden was leading 1-0 in the first few minutes and scored again- shoulda' been 2-0. I have the video and you can clearly see 2 Farragut defenders and the keeper righ in front of the goal. There was a nice crowd in the box and someone poked the ball in. How there could have been an off-sides is anyone's guess. Can there be an offsides when there are 2 defenders with their feet on the line?? Hey, that's what makes soccer! There are probably 10 things that happen in any game that you can play "what if" with. The Bearden team had 70 minutes (I'm guessing) of playing time left after that and a 1-0 lead. There is no-one to blame, but off-sides calls- for and against, are always a pain in the tail!! It's simply a part of soccer.

Bearden always plays kick and run! Turner likes it, and it plays to Bearden's strengths (strong forwards). However, I do not remember AT ALL Bearden only having three defenders last year. Their formation appeared to be more of a backline of six. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I am actually not joking on this. I could have sworn last year that they played a 6-2-2...or it might have been a 8-0-2 /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />. I am making a joke out of something that frustrates me: Bearden packs it in, booms it long, and relies on their forwards to light you up. Hey, as you put it, it ain't pretty, but it works!

yep, bearden played a 3-4-3 last year. or at least thats what it started as. but it is true bearden always plays some ofrm of kick it and run, but hye in high school soccer that is all a coach has time to teach his kids how to play, and it gets results. i think ppl give bearden the shaft though on packing it in and jhust running, i think ppl see it that way because bearden is normally in pretty good shape and can just cover more of the field then other teams.