New Coffee County coach

PEARLBALL

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks...this is an important hire.

I'll tell you who would be the best person for the job if only he'd come out of retirement and that's Joel Vinson. He is a proven winner and respected by his players. Man i'd like to see that happen! I guarantee you he would win!

I'll tell you who would be the best person for the job if only he'd come out of retirement and that's Joel Vinson. He is a proven winner and respected by his players. Man i'd like to see that happen! I guarantee you he would win!

Agree, but I don't see it happening.

Agree, but I don't see it happening.

Most would agree, but i don't think he is interested at all. I am pretty sure he has been offered it several times over the years. He is in the top three of basketball coaches we have ever had in Coffee County at any level.

Most would agree, but i don't think he is interested at all. I am pretty sure he has been offered it several times over the years. He is in the top three of basketball coaches we have ever had in Coffee County at any level.

I agree. The man knows basketball period. Just think if were the coach, the excitement it would generate. The girls program would with no doubt take off then. He's a winner.

unless they are installing a putting green in the gym I don't see it happening.

Putting Green. I know Coach V likes his golf. I'd build him an entire course if he'd come coach! The 93 championship team (girls) we mostly from Westwood and the other girls from county were awesome as well!

Putting Green. I know Coach V likes his golf. I'd build him an entire course if he'd come coach! The 93 championship team (girls) we mostly from Westwood and the other girls from county were awesome as well!

That was a special group no doubt about it. They had great talent and the benefit of 3 good coaches from junior high thru high school. Coach Vinson's teams were the only thing C.C. had that resembled a feeder program here . His departure from the jr. high shows up at the high school still today.

Has anybody heard any more names of possible candidates? How's the process going?

I dont care who they get for the job. The next few years are going to be difficult. If they give someone 5 years they can build a program but dont think it will happen in 2 or 3 years.

I probably agree with that statement. I think as long as progress is made each year that 4 years is fair. It is no secret that interest is down. It will take a time to get the present players acclimated to the new coach and his system and it will take longer to get a feeder program in place (hopefully that will be a requirement for the new coach- not an option). I don't think anybody expects a district championship next year, but let's be honest- many were flying the flag at half-staff because a .500 football coach left. The reason? he showed improvement in the program and I think that is all the new girl's coach will be expected to do.