New Coffee County coach

PEARLBALL

That is impressive. Thank you for the info. Where is she working at this time?

She has been in the private sector for the last few years. I remember that she lost her dad a few years back and coached for a while after that. I just think that she needed to take care of her family and herself for a while. I do know that she is still involved by giving instruction and remains involed in the game.

She has had some offers the last few years but has turned them down because she didn't want to move her family out of state. I think that this is only one of a couple of HS jobs she has even considered. I do know that she is looking for a place that she can be until she can retire. Whether HS or college, someone is about to get them one heck of a coach. When I considered many of the great coaches out there that are very intense, whether HS or College, many of them have stepped back for a while and then came back better than ever. I don't believe the sabbatical from coaching has hurt her, I believe it has helped her. Great mind, great passion for the game, and she cares about her student-athletes success off and on the court. SHe doesn't put up with a lot of nonsense.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Whoever said that Jana Williams is from Memphis is incorrect. "

I was just repeating what I heard from some of the big wigs.

Her experience is impressive. Hope CC can seal the deal. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

There must be something holding this up. Someone with those creditials should be able to get this job. Something just doesn't add up.

There must be something holding this up. Someone with those creditials should be able to get this job. Something just doesn't add up.

I really do not believe it is a matter of something not adding up. Coach Williams did not interview until either Wednesday or Thursday of last week. The only possible hold back was that she has not been at the HS level. There seems to be a fixation on the no HS experience. It really doesn't make much sense to me. HS or college....the only thing she will have to become accustom to is the parents and speaking for myself, she would be business only with them. Brown-nosing is not something she likes or tolerates if you know what I mean. : )

I really do not believe it is a matter of something not adding up. Coach Williams did not interview until either Wednesday or Thursday of last week. The only possible hold back was that she has not been at the HS level. There seems to be a fixation on the no HS experience. It really doesn't make much sense to me. HS or college....the only thing she will have to become accustom to is the parents and speaking for myself, she would be business only with them. Brown-nosing is not something she likes or tolerates if you know what I mean. : )

I think David Muckle is going to be our new girls basketball coach at CHS, we should hear something soon though.