Top Coaches from the Mid State

MrNoitAll

dore,

Yes, there is much better talent on most of the summer travel teams. Most high school coaches know that. There are many high school coaches and teams that benefit from the travel ball girls. Why are you bashing the high school coaches? Sure there are lots of travel ball coaches who know the game bettter. However, I would think you would be hard pressed to find a high school coach who wants his team to lose. Maybe you could coach better than whoever is coaching your daughters team, but there is not much you can do about it. Just enjoy the game and encourage your team. Remember, whether or not your daughter's high school coach knows much ball he or she is spending lots of time with your kids rather than their own right now. Try a pat on the back and a word of encouragement instead of complaining. Just a thought.

Has anybody else ever had a umpire ask your catcher if your coach was texting while standing by third????? I can't wait till summer!!!!!!!!!!

Don't ask!!!!!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody else ever had a umpire ask your catcher if your coach was texting while standing by third????? I can't wait till summer!!!!!!!!!!

Don't ask!!!!!!!

Come on, that's not a typical High School Coach. Your better programs have Coaches that take a lot of pride in their teams!

The biggest problem with school coaches in my opinion, is that they have no idea what they are doing. Being uneducated on the sport is only the first problem, alot of our young athletes are having to play under coaches that are just plain mean and inconsiderate of these athletes feelings and dreams.

If the school systems can't afford to have these coaches educated then they should atleast enforce some type of in service for coaches in each sport to learn about the sport and then have a section of the in service to be geared around how to handle and motivate these young ladies. Some coaches just dont get it.

Before I get bashed for talking trash about coaches, understand that I know that there are some great coaches out there. So lets not lump them all together as all bad, but lets really see the bad ones for what they are.

The biggest problem with school coaches in my opinion, is that they have no idea what they are doing. Being uneducated on the sport is only the first problem, alot of our young athletes are having to play under coaches that are just plain mean and inconsiderate of these athletes feelings and dreams.

If the school systems can't afford to have these coaches educated then they should atleast enforce some type of in service for coaches in each sport to learn about the sport and then have a section of the in service to be geared around how to handle and motivate these young ladies. Some coaches just dont get it.

Before I get bashed for talking trash about coaches, understand that I know that there are some great coaches out there. So lets not lump them all together as all bad, but lets really see the bad ones for what they are.

Thank you softballjunk for explaining to us that school coaches have no idea what they are doing! I guess that is why they spend so much time working with the girls, working on their field??™s year around, lifting weights after school, raising money where they can purchase equipment for the programs. I love fundraising it is something that I adore to do because our school system makes us be self supportive. It is always great to keep up with the candy, signs, programs, bake sales or whatever you trying to sale where your program can have nice things. Ordering uniforms, getting workouts clothes for the girls, going to an out of town tournament where I can spend time with other people??™s kids instead of my own. We love taking time away from our families to spend time with yours. Giving kids money because some of the parents do not give them money when they go on trips or to games. Coaches are always going to clinics to learn the game, reading and studying the game, going to college games, scouting games when you are not playing. Letting things go at your house to make sure you field is one of the best where parents like you can come and complain about their daughter not being the star. Having to make sure that the athlete has passing grades, checking on them with their teacher to make sure that they have the proper credits to be able to play. You always have to be a counselor with the many problems that they have to face at school and at home. I had a player come to yesterday telling me that her parents are always fighting about money and it was getting to her and her little brothers. Oh that??™s right I have to depend on that player to be a pitcher, a leader and do have a happy childhood and her parents are fighting and cussing each other in front of their children. You are right softballjunk these high schools coaches really don??™t know what they are doing do they! Have a great day! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

As usual you took the ball an ran with it. I said there are good coaches. But there are some really bad ones as well. It sounds like to me if you are a school ball coach and you take care of all those things you listed not only should you get a raise but you should start a clinic to help teach the rest of the coaches in the state to be more like you. You know the medical industry is know growing organs and limbs from a persons cells and dna maybe we can just make enough of you to coach all the schools. Have a great day - Mr SquarePants (MrNOitALL)

Thank you softballjunk for explaining to us that school coaches have no idea what they are doing! I guess that is why they spend so much time working with the girls, working on their field??™s year around, lifting weights after school, raising money where they can purchase equipment for the programs. I love fundraising it is something that I adore to do because our school system makes us be self supportive. It is always great to keep up with the candy, signs, programs, bake sales or whatever you trying to sale where your program can have nice things. Ordering uniforms, getting workouts clothes for the girls, going to an out of town tournament where I can spend time with other people??™s kids instead of my own. We love taking time away from our families to spend time with yours. Giving kids money because some of the parents do not give them money when they go on trips or to games. Coaches are always going to clinics to learn the game, reading and studying the game, going to college games, scouting games when you are not playing. Letting things go at your house to make sure you field is one of the best where parents like you can come and complain about their daughter not being the star. Having to make sure that the athlete has passing grades, checking on them with their teacher to make sure that they have the proper credits to be able to play. You always have to be a counselor with the many problems that they have to face at school and at home. I had a player come to yesterday telling me that her parents are always fighting about money and it was getting to her and her little brothers. Oh that??™s right I have to depend on that player to be a pitcher, a leader and do have a happy childhood and her parents are fighting and cussing each other in front of their children. You are right softballjunk these high schools coaches really don??™t know what they are doing do they! Have a great day! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Alright, MrNoitAll, you have finally peeked my curiousity. You stated in another post that we have "common" friends. Can you shoot me an e-mail at cascade11@cascadechampions.net I'd like you to at least let me know who our common friends are if you still can't reveal to me who you are. Your secret will be safe. You have my word.

That's funny, not one time did you ever mention "teaching" the girls to play the game or making them better at the sport most of them have been playing since they were 7 or 8.

Be careful, you are starting to prove everyone's point.

As usual you took the ball an ran with it. I said there are good coaches. But there are some really bad ones as well. It sounds like to me if you are a school ball coach and you take care of all those things you listed not only should you get a raise but you should start a clinic to help teach the rest of the coaches in the state to be more like you. You know the medical industry is know growing organs and limbs from a persons cells and dna maybe we can just make enough of you to coach all the schools. Have a great day - Mr SquarePants (MrNOitALL)

I do not need to have a clinic or be clone most high school coaches do these things and more! You are right I am going to have great day and I hope that you will also because it does not look like you have very many! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

That's funny, not one time did you ever mention "teaching" the girls to play the game or making them better at the sport most of them have been playing since they were 7 or 8. Be careful, you are starting to prove everyone's point.

I am so sorry because I did leave out that we do practice sometimes....boy I must be more careful I almost forgot the most important things and that is dealing with parents! Have a great day! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Some of you on here are funny, because you can give your comments, but are you in the fire. MrNoitAll hit it on the head. School coaches are not appreciated for their time spent with their respective sports. Taking away family time and personal times, most times(and I said "most") all that happens is you get bashed for not winning, or why l your daughter is not the star. Education is one of the most thankless jobs, then adding the responsibility of fielding a competitive team. Priceless.

I do not need to have a clinic or be clone most high school coaches do these things and more! You are right I am going to have great day and I hope that you will also because it does not look like you have very many! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />I am so sorry because I did leave out that we do practice sometimes....boy I must be more careful I almost forgot the most important things and that is dealing with parents! Have a great day! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Mr Noitall, do you ever call for a practice on a Sunday and not show up????? I can't wait till summer!!!!

Mr Noitall, do you ever call for a practice on a Sunday and not show up????? I can't wait till summer!!!!

That is why I quit coaching travel ball becaue I feel it is more important to be in church than the softball field! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />