Best Freshman for 2008?

Hanna1046

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phiefer and Delmonica from farragut, are probably the best 2 freshman in the state ,

I played against both of them last year and they re both pretty good.

Phiefer will need to develop a second pitch. He throws the ball as hard as anyone, but he will get hit if he does't develop another pitch.

Delmonico is a pretty good second basemen with a decent bat.

And Deano from Science Hill is very good. He can throw the ball good. He'll be the best pitcher of the class when all said and done.

I played against both of them last year and they re both pretty good.

Phiefer will need to develop a second pitch. He throws the ball as hard as anyone, but he will get hit if he does't develop another pitch.

Delmonico is a pretty good second basemen with a decent bat.

And Deano from Science Hill is very good. He can throw the ball good. He'll be the best pitcher of the class when all said and done.

Very familar with Deano.....he was throwing 80+ as a 13 year old. That entire jr Topper bunch is very talented.

this freshman hype goes a little to far, next year will be the real test and the year after that.............i ve seen alot of freshman that supposedly were STUDS and now cant HIT as a soph.......(bat speed to to slow) some who get on here and say they will have the best batting average and be the next so snd so and actually are nt worth a flip and would nt be playing if there dad was nt so involved in sucking up.

this freshman hype goes a little to far, next year will be the real test and the year after that.............i ve seen alot of freshman that supposedly were STUDS and now cant HIT as a soph.......(bat speed to to slow) some who get on here and say they will have the best batting average and be the next so snd so and actually are nt worth a flip and would nt be playing if there dad was nt so involved in sucking up.

I know most of these guys and they are already playing varsity ball. How will their bat speed reduce between their freshman year and sophomore year. We are not talking guys playing freshman ball and making the jump to varsity. These guys are playing varsity already. Sounds like you or your son has been trumped by one of these guys.

Best Freshman in Chattanooga Area:

Bryn Oliver - Ooltewah

Zach Lance - Ringgold

Colton Cross - Ringgold

Eric Hull - Ringgold

Justin Walker - LFO

Timmy Johnson - Hixson

I'm sure there are many more...

I think there are several players from Polk that have been mentioned in area newspapers.

Jared Allen

Michael Hargrove

Tyler Lee

Jake rowland from Meigs County

I believe these players are starting varsity. I think the area has some great freshman. Can't wait to see them in the future.