DB FOOTBALL '08

DBTeepee

I love 03 and Cap1's attempt to twist my words. Go back and read. Where did I "down play" or take away from Maryville. My point is Maryville has had the best 10 year run of any team as far as championships go. But they are not always and usually are not the best team in the state in "all divisions". I would say that once in the past 10 years has Maryville truely had a team that would beat all teams in every classifications. Sorry, but untill you are familiar with the level of ball in the mid state and the large private schools year in and out, you can forget about it. The only reason South fans even like to talk about Maryville is because they whipped you , you know DB would whip you too, so you pull out the old "well Maryville would beat you" because it makes you feel better about your dream season being humiliated by Maryville. I will not take away from Maryville in any shape, form, or fashion, but if you are seeking the truely best teams year in and out, it is usually a private school. Another reason why Upper NE TN ball clubs get waed is because they are like you guys, they have no idea that the other areas of the state play on another level, even in average seasons. So instead of doing something about it, you continue to play weak teams year in and year out. At least Region 5A usually has4 schools that would Rule your region any year. Go play Oak Ridge or somebody, instead of Happy Valley. So South fans can stare in awe of Maryville and brag on Maryville until TN High knocks you off your block, which will happen soon. Then you can talk about that imaginary victory over DB in 2007.

Bud, do you think you are the only person that has ever seen all these teams play? I've seen every team you just mentioned play at least once, and most more than twice. I've been to 13 of the last 15 Clinic bowls. I've seen over 50% of D-B's playoff games since we were usually at home /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> . So you are not the only "expert" on different levels of high school football in the state of Tn. Maryville could have competed and maybe have beaten any team in the state basically any year you want to pick. NEVER, and I say NEVER underestimate Maryville in ANY game against ANY high school opponent. A scrimmage is PRACTICE boys. PRACTICE? are we talking about PRACTICE? C'mon now, it's PRACTICE! DO NOT put Maryville and D-B together in the same sentence when you are talking about competing for championships on the state level. At least not when referring to the "modern day era". You may "own" us, but you don't "own" the rest of the state! Like I said in another post, these teams you guys play in the playoffs don't read the history books about your all time wins and mythical state titles. They just know you are another upper east TN team that they will beat on their way to the ship! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic