DB FOOTBALL '08

DBTeepee

Just because Maryville whipped South and everyone loves to talk about Maryville for the past few years does not mean that Maryville is always the best team in the state like you would love to think. I , unlike you have seen all of these teams play more then once through all the years. BA, MBA, Riverdale, Red Bank (one year) have all had teams that would be 2 TD's better then marville's best team from any of their past 8 years. You just go by crap on here you read, I actually go and witness these teams. Riverdale has not had a team of their uausal caliber in several years. Red Bank had one year. BA and MBA even on down years are a score better then Maryville. Come see for yourself. Best TN team period was the 1996 BA team. They would have beat any team any year, period.

Most years you reference Maryville was not the most talented team on the field. The difference you can't grasp is the playoff system. Maryville has constantly proven they can compete when it counts. They won on the field not just the old AP vote.

DB has had the same opportunity. DB has proven they can't compete on that level.

Your frustration and revision won't change anything.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That a way Bud. I was hoping you would bring up the research that you did on 03 last year.Nice work down there in Nashville.

You're support is certainly needed. His research is flawed. No THS Viking fan ever read a kind word from me.

Most years you reference Maryville was not the most talented team on the field. The difference you can't grasp is the playoff system. Maryville has constantly proven they can compete when it counts. They won on the field not just the old AP vote.

DB has had the same opportunity. DB has proven they can't compete on that level.

Your frustration and revision won't change anything.

That one will get you the Mo-Ron of the day award. Unless Volman can come up with one dumber.

DB - 44 03 - ZERO

I had read somewhere about THS expecting to having a good team in '08. Do the Vikings have thoughts of coming to J. Fred Johsnon Stadium and beating the Indians in the Season Opener, the 1st game ever on the new turf?

How about William Blount, that's game 2 on the season, also at home. What do the Govs have this season? As good of a team as '07 or not?

Roll Tribe Roll

You're support is certainly needed. His research is flawed. No THS Viking fan ever read a kind word from me.

Actually bud is exactly right (100% correct) You were/are a Tennessee High Fan. I would guess that you also have another screen name and with that name openly post in support of Tennessee High. I remember very well when you posted under the "'03" name in support of the Vikings just before the renewed DB-TH series. You did alot of talking up the Vikings and when things didn't go to well vs. the Indians you deleated all your post and suddenly became a Maryville fan. I think probably Maryville would not claim you as the Maryville fans show respect for DB as do the DB fans show respect to Maryville. Another thing that shows up clear is that you are always bashing DB, a true sign that you are located right here in upper east tn. Give it up, we all know who you are and what your all about. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Just because Maryville whipped South and everyone loves to talk about Maryville for the past few years does not mean that Maryville is always the best team in the state like you would love to think. I , unlike you have seen all of these teams play more then once through all the years. BA, MBA, Riverdale, Red Bank (one year) have all had teams that would be 2 TD's better then marville's best team from any of their past 8 years. You just go by crap on here you read, I actually go and witness these teams. Riverdale has not had a team of their uausal caliber in several years. Red Bank had one year. BA and MBA even on down years are a score better then Maryville. Come see for yourself. Best TN team period was the 1996 BA team. They would have beat any team any year, period.

DB 700 total wins (in almost 100 years), or Maryville 11 State Championships (8 in the last 10 years). You choose which one you would rather boast. How can you be so proud of having the most wins in the state when you have the oldest school on the planet!!!!!!!!!!! Heck...your first opponents were probably the pilgrims. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Actually now that I think about it...that's still pretty impressive. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Now I wouldn??™t go that far /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> but I can assure you that 03 don??™t ride on the Viking ship. I actually cut my teeth with he and another poster on the Maryville board in 04??™. He taught me everything I know! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Actually bud is exactly right (100% correct) You were/are a Tennessee High Fan. I would guess that you also have another screen name and with that name openly post in support of Tennessee High. I remember very well when you posted under the "'03" name in support of the Vikings just before the renewed DB-TH series. You did alot of talking up the Vikings and when things didn't go to well vs. the Indians you deleated all your post and suddenly became a Maryville fan. I think probably Maryville would not claim you as the Maryville fans show respect for DB as do the DB fans show respect to Maryville. Another thing that shows up clear is that you are always bashing DB, a true sign that you are located right here in upper east tn. Give it up, we all know who you are and what your all about. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

If you and your BUD /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> keep pickin at 03, he just might point his Red Rebel buddies to this thread and with all the down talk about their team...especially you BUD (/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I love that screen name) this thread could get real crowded in a hurry!

DB 700 total wins (in almost 100 years), or Maryville 11 State Championships (8 in the last 10 years). You choose which one you would rather boast. How can you be so proud of having the most wins in the state when you have the oldest school on the planet!!!!!!!!!!! Heck...your first opponents were probably the pilgrims. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Actually now that I think about it...that's still pretty impressive. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Could it be that Cap1 and 03 are the same person? Both screen names are Tennessee High fans, even though one now hides it. Of cource DB is not the oldest school on the planet, not even the oldest in the state of Tennesse. And yes we are proud of the 700 wins and yes you are jellous. If you want to talk about the last 10 years yes we would rather have Maryville's record. Just like everybody else in the state would like to have Maryville's record and probably 80% of the high schools in america would like to have Maryville's record. Wouldn't it be nice if Maryville had 700 wins or if DB had 8 state championships in the past 10 years. Either way they are proud of what they have done and we are proud of what we have done. All you can do is cry about it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Could it be that Cap1 and 03 are the same person? Both screen names are Tennessee High fans, even though one now hides it. Of cource DB is not the oldest school on the planet, not even the oldest in the state of Tennesse. And yes we are proud of the 700 wins and yes you are jellous. If you want to talk about the last 10 years yes we would rather have Maryville's record. Just like everybody else in the state would like to have Maryville's record and probably 80% of the high schools in america would like to have Maryville's record. Wouldn't it be nice if Maryville had 700 wins or if DB had 8 state championships in the past 10 years. Either way they are proud of what they have done and we are proud of what we have done. All you can do is cry about it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Busted /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> . I can??™t deny that 700 wins is a BIG feather for the hat, but imagine how it feels to walk around with a State Championship ring on EVERY finger. Or to be able to say that you have taken on all comers and only lost 3 games in 10 years. They don't have to beat these boards to death trying to convince everyone that they are bad and deserve recognition. That record doesn't need any explanation...it speaks for itself./thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The only one that doesn't seem to be able to read the writing on the wall is BUD /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> .

I had read somewhere about THS expecting to having a good team in '08. Do the Vikings have thoughts of coming to J. Fred Johsnon Stadium and beating the Indians in the Season Opener, the 1st game ever on the new turf?

How about William Blount, that's game 2 on the season, also at home. What do the Govs have this season? As good of a team as '07 or not?

Roll Tribe Roll

We should do well this year with growth in almost all areas. But I have to say that the objective for this year (besides the obvious win the conference and get to the Maryville game /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ) is to beat KINGSPORT...all of um, especially DB!! This will be my youngests last...so why not be the first. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />