DB FOOTBALL '08

DBTeepee

From the looks of this board ( only the posters on here, not all South and DB fans ) I draw the following conclusions:

1. DB lives in the past

2. South lives in the future

3. DB teams get better with age while other teams lose their lustre

I agree with the "DB arrogance" comments and I also know that South got annihilated the last time they played DB, 44-0 I think it was. That is no indication of what could or would happen this season if they were to play each other but the past record would show that until South consistently beats DB it is useless to comment on what might have been.

As far as the Maryville comments, I think that the recent Maryville teams would still go 3 or 4 games into the 5A playoffs if they were classed as 5A. They are superior at 4A and they would most likely be "very good" at 5A and in my opinion would still have a gold ball or two in their trophy case. South knows this first hand and DB should since they have dropped a scrimmage or two to Maryville in the past few years.

I really don't care if anyopne agrees or not, nor do I care if I am "Moron of the week" or whatever. This is only my opinion and it is no better or worse than any others I have read in the last few pages. However, it is not guaranteed to be 100% accurate.

Keep it up, this is entertaining to say the least. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the looks of this board ( only the posters on here, not all South and DB fans ) I draw the following conclusions:

1. DB lives in the past

2. South lives in the future

3. DB teams get better with age while other teams lose their lustre

I agree with the "DB arrogance" comments and I also know that South got annihilated the last time they played DB, 44-0 I think it was. That is no indication of what could or would happen this season if they were to play each other but the past record would show that until South consistently beats DB it is useless to comment on what might have been.

As far as the Maryville comments, I think that the recent Maryville teams would still go 3 or 4 games into the 5A playoffs if they were classed as 5A. They are superior at 4A and they would most likely be "very good" at 5A and in my opinion would still have a gold ball or two in their trophy case. South knows this first hand and DB should since they have dropped a scrimmage or two to Maryville in the past few years.

I really don't care if anyopne agrees or not, nor do I care if I am "Moron of the week" or whatever. This is only my opinion and it is no better or worse than any others I have read in the last few pages. However, it is not guaranteed to be 100% accurate.

Keep it up, this is entertaining to say the least. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Of course they're living in the past. They don't have anything else to show for.

The playoffs have been around for 38 years and DB has only occasionally found the 4th round and as you point out even little Maryville would have won a gold ball or two.

Of course they're living in the past. They don't have anything else to show for.

The playoffs have been around for 38 years and DB has only occasionally found the 4th round and as you point out even little Maryville would have won a gold ball or two.

HEY THERES "03", 0 brains & 3 teeth.

So if we're living in the past how come its only the haters like you that keep bring it up. Sounds to me like you got it backwards. I do like to sometimes sit around and think of our 700 wins in football (most in the state) all the Region and conference championships, the many many playoff apperences and wins, all the state championships and Oh, and I'll never forget the 44 - ZERO win over south in '06. Not to many teams in this state can say that. Well actually no other team in the state can say that. ONLY DOBYNS-BENNETT /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

HEY THERES "03", 0 brains & 3 teeth.

So if we're living in the past how come its only the haters like you that keep bring it up. Sounds to me like you got it backwards. I do like to sometimes sit around and think of our 700 wins in football (most in the state) all the Region and conference championships, the many many playoff apperences and wins, all the state championships and Oh, and I'll never forget the 44 - ZERO win over south in '06. Not to many teams in this state can say that. Well actually no other team in the state can say that. ONLY DOBYNS-BENNETT /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Upper ET is truly a great place to live AND pad that local schedule!

Those 1st round chokes tell the real story of DB Indian football.

This statement in itself Bud, made you lose any respect you had gained. I was with you for the most part until now. You are now only one notch above Waco. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Just because Maryville whipped South and everyone loves to talk about Maryville for the past few years does not mean that Maryville is always the best team in the state like you would love to think. I , unlike you have seen all of these teams play more then once through all the years. BA, MBA, Riverdale, Red Bank (one year) have all had teams that would be 2 TD's better then marville's best team from any of their past 8 years. You just go by crap on here you read, I actually go and witness these teams. Riverdale has not had a team of their uausal caliber in several years. Red Bank had one year. BA and MBA even on down years are a score better then Maryville. Come see for yourself. Best TN team period was the 1996 BA team. They would have beat any team any year, period.

Your stupidity shows up loud and clear in all your post. So tell us this mr. 0 brains. How many first round playoff loses has DB had and how many first round wins have they had. This will tell the real story about how stupid 03 really is. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

03, our well documented ex TN High fan (that one year they were really good) that all of a sudden backs Maryville how convenient. I am a big Giants fan right now too, if they lose I am on to the next Super Bowl winner.

DB has had two first round chokes. At least DB unlike other NE TN schools, have wins over teams west of Morristown. At least our conference and non-conference games have some good teams. Region 1 & 2 4A are so top heavy it isn't even funny. Then they all get blasted by Region 3 and they get to call that a semi-final game? pretty weak playoff wins. I wish DB had to beat local yocals and play a Knoville team in the semis. You set up 4A the same way 5A is and not only would Region 1 4A choke every year, they would get blasted by about 44-0.