DB FOOTBALL '08

DBTeepee

bud, You are 75% correct.

You would actually let volmanscott spend the night at your house? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I agree with Bud so I'll pass on the offer! /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may just be me but I think you guys are giving Stacy WAY too much credit for the Curt Phillips era. It's hard not to look good when you have a phenomenon like that behind the wheel. I truly believe that had Curt been the QB at a couple other local schools the last 4 years (not mentioning any names but one is in Kingsport 5A the other in Bristol 4A) /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> there would have been at the very least 1 Gold Ball in the tri-cities. This season will go a long way in proving me wrong...or right. And if Jeffers is as good as billed he was crazy to stay in Curts shadow all this time and not make his way across town. DB STRUGLED at the QB position last year and I don't see that changing much in 08. He could have had two years to shine instead of just one.

DB did struggle at the QB position last year,that will not be the case this year.J.Crawford is alot better than you think.He should have been QB last year.Mark that down Cap1.Roop and Seabolt are also good QBs.

Anybody got insight on the playing time for up coming Soph's Derrick Steele (The Real Deal) @ WR and Cory Hall @ TE. Steele will be the fastest player on the team, just a bit faster than Sensabaugh. Both Steele & Sensabaugh ran in the State Track Meet on Sprint Relay Teams.I would expect that Steele will get playing time this year @ WR and he is also a very good Return Man.

Cory Hall has great size (6-2 220) good speed, great hands and works as hard as anyone in the school.

This could be a fun team to watch.

Roll Tribe Roll

Anybody got insight on the playing time for up coming Soph's Derrick Steele (The Real Deal) @ WR and Cory Hall @ TE. Steele will be the fastest player on the team, just a bit faster than Sensabaugh. Both Steele & Sensabaugh ran in the State Track Meet on Sprint Relay Teams.I would expect that Steele will get playing time this year @ WR and he is also a very good Return Man.

Cory Hall has great size (6-2 220) good speed, great hands and works as hard as anyone in the school.

Roll Tribe Roll

IF Cory is the kid I seen in the spring game working for the maroon team{number 17}, he should get some playing time.I don't know what his number is

Roll Tribe Roll

Cory is number 72 has decent speed and i don't know about his hands(but they can't be that great since they moved him to o-line). work ethic is ok. if he puts more effort forth he could see some playing time. Number 17 is alex Rich

So you think Tenn High would have beaten Maryville if they would have had Curt? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Yes!!! With Baker and Shepard from THS in the backfield along with Curt, the option would have been unstoppable! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yes!!! With Baker and Shepard from THS in the backfield along with Curt, the option would have been unstoppable! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> You're serious aren't you? If I had made this statement, I would have been nominated for Mo-Ron of the year. Maybe they'll be easy on you. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

/wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> You're serious aren't you? If I had made this statement, I would have been nominated for Mo-Ron of the year. Maybe they'll be easy on you. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Any statement you make gives you a nomination for Mo-Ron of the year. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

This statement is pretty dumb though. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I am still amazed at South posters that think the talent at South is above average. Above average for South or DB in upper NE TN may be above the NE TN standard, but when compared to the rest of the state these schools are considered average. DB or South on an up year is average compared to most of the rest of the state. All of the metro areas are much faster and bigger. Especially compared to South. South does not even hit Knoxville teams until Region 3 in the playoffs and they get whipped. DB in Region 1 plays Knox teams during regular conference games and must contend with the Knox athletes all year. Region 1 4A and Region 2 4A are lucky because Region 3 4A could clean their clock if they played during the regular season. Region 1 4A would be doing great to have a team finish 3rd or 4th. DB must contend with KNoxville teams in the regular season and Chattanooga and Nashville teams early in the playoffs. DB in the semis is much harder then South in the Semis. South has a cake walk and has no excuse for not making it every year to the semis. If South was ever to make it past Region 3, have fun with the Nashville area teams. But, it would be nice if DB could play teams that stop short of Knoxville and play a Knoxville area teams in the semis like Maryville. 4A in Region 1 & 2 are really below average when compared to the rest of the state. The 1 exception was Morristown West when they were up. Other then that, the top 4 teams in Region 3 wax any Region 1 or 2 team.. If not Region 3, come on to Nashville and Memphis and see. Talking about about ultra South athletes makes me laugh. Even DB talking about it is a stretch. Get out and see the rest of the state. Sorry, I live in Nashville (love Kingsport and the area) and I will be shocked if any Region 1 team (4A or 5A) wins it all. Forget coaching, throw it all out the door. There is just more talent in other area. I hate it, but it is true. Don't wish to accept it, but it is true. The coaching here is probably better, but not that much better. Upper East TN teams, even with the perfect coach might win the big one once every 50 years. Other areas just have better athletes. And if you think South has better athletes then Maryville (which I think is laughable) you should see Memphis Melrose and Nashville Hillsboro, those schools would beat most Region 1 teams with their JV even though their coaching and participation is not near South's level. Anyone that wishes to take me up on seeing this for themselves can come stay with me, I have an extra bedroom. Nashville and Memphis teams are oure atheletes, but the crowds are not nearly as big as back home. The offer stands.

I disagree BUD. I DO see the competition out of Knoxville in two different sports and to be honest DB, SH, Mo West, THS, and even Greenville get the same quality athletes as they have in the Knoxville area??¦just not as many. But it??™s spread out to many more schools in Knoxville. So in theory that should level the playing field??¦right? So why does it seem like Knoxville schools have more talent? To be honest??¦it??™s not the athletes and it??™s not directly the coaching (with the exception of Maryville) that makes them more competitive. The only way I can explain it (in my opinion of course) is that they simple set the bar (the standard of excellence) at a higher level than we do here in the N.O. K. (Northeast of Knoxville) area partially because of the influx of ???average??? talent at most schools in this region.

But I have to say that it??™s your theory of Region 1 and 2 4A vs. the Knoxville area schools that I??™m in the most disagreement with so let me set the record straight. It??™s MARYVILLE that the schools in Region 1 and 2 can??™t get by, NOT the other Knoxville teams. And let me clue you in on a secret??¦NEITHER COULD DB!!! By the way Maryville owns 5A William Blount (DB??™s big time competition out of Knoxville) every year just like they would ANY other team in 5A Region 1 or 2. But you don??™t have to take my word for it because SOON all you doubters will see what I??™m talking about. Once they move up you will finally get to see what the schools like THS, MO West, Greenville, and yes South have to bring to the table. Maybe then we will also FINALLY get to see some of the overwhelming talent that you say they have in Knoxville. Let??™s do a little bit of trivia. Who was the last team to beat Maryville at any level or classification? If you guessed that one of those talent laden schools out of Knoxville OR Nashville (that play Maryville EVERY year and should have a game plan by now) beat the mighty Rebels you would be wrong. Yep??¦that??™s right??¦the answer is Morristown West out of that pitiful ???average talent??? bunch in Region 2 in 2003 AND 2002??¦how about that!!! How about this one. When is the last time a school out of 4A Region 3 (Knoxville area) besides Maryville won a Conference Championship? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> One more. When is the last time a team out of 4A Region 3 OR 4 (Knoxville Chattanooga area) besides Maryville made it past the third round of the playoffs? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> So in conclusion I ask??¦is their any doubt whose shoulders the teams in the Knoxville area are riding on when it comes to their reputation?

As far as Nashville is concerned??¦I couldn??™t name one school out of Nashville except Hillsboro /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> because just like Maryville in Region 3??¦they have no competition.

This statement is pretty dumb though. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

It??™s dumb to you because you didn??™t get to see the 07??™ Curt Phillips up close and personal like we did. I would say 5x the player he was in 06??™! And his numbers prove it!!! And don't say "it's because he didn't play against DB" /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> . Just look at his stats. Even against Maryville.

I disagree BUD. I DO see the competition out of Knoxville in two different sports and to be honest DB, SH, Mo West, THS, and even Greenville get the same quality athletes as they have in the Knoxville area??¦just not as many. But it??™s spread out to many more schools in Knoxville. So in theory that should level the playing field??¦right? So why does it seem like Knoxville schools have more talent? To be honest??¦it??™s not the athletes and it??™s not directly the coaching (with the exception of Maryville) that makes them more competitive. The only way I can explain it (in my opinion of course) is that they simple set the bar (the standard of excellence) at a higher level than we do here in the N.O. K. (Northeast of Knoxville) area partially because of the influx of ???average??? talent at most schools in this region.

But I have to say that it??™s your theory of Region 1 and 2 4A vs. the Knoxville area schools that I??™m in the most disagreement with so let me set the record straight. It??™s MARYVILLE that the schools in Region 1 and 2 can??™t get by, NOT the other Knoxville teams. And let me clue you in on a secret??¦NEITHER COULD DB!!! By the way Maryville owns 5A William Blount (DB??™s big time competition out of Knoxville) every year just like they would ANY other team in 5A Region 1 or 2. But you don??™t have to take my word for it because SOON all you doubters will see what I??™m talking about. Once they move up you will finally get to see what the schools like THS, MO West, Greenville, and yes South have to bring to the table. Maybe then we will also FINALLY get to see some of the overwhelming talent that you say they have in Knoxville. Let??™s do a little bit of trivia. Who was the last team to beat Maryville at any level or classification? If you guessed that one of those talent laden schools out of Knoxville OR Nashville (that play Maryville EVERY year and should have a game plan by now) beat the mighty Rebels you would be wrong. Yep??¦that??™s right??¦the answer is Morristown West out of that pitiful ???average talent??? bunch in Region 2 in 2003 AND 2002??¦how about that!!! How about this one. When is the last time a school out of 4A Region 3 (Knoxville area) besides Maryville won a Conference Championship? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> One more. When is the last time a team out of 4A Region 3 OR 4 (Knoxville Chattanooga area) besides Maryville made it past the third round of the playoffs? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> So in conclusion I ask??¦is their any doubt whose shoulders the teams in the Knoxville area are riding on when it comes to their reputation?

As far as Nashville is concerned??¦I couldn??™t name one school out of Nashville except Hillsboro /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> because just like Maryville in Region 3??¦they have no competition.

Cap, you are wrong about Region 3. They have had teams play Maryville close (yes, I know a loss is a loss) while Region 1 and 2 goes down there and gets waxed. Maryville is head and shoulders above all, but, I think our Region 1 boys would be lucky to finish top 3 in their region the last few years. Motown did have some good teams in 02 and 03, but would not have stayed on the field with them the last few years. Good examples........look at the brackets in 4A the last 3 years. Maryville has had some close calls in the early rounds. One year, beat Rhea Co of Region 4 30-26 in the first round only to wax your Vikings in the semis. Another year had two close calls with Knox. Central and someone from Region 4 before again, waxing your Vikings. My bet is even if Maryville moves up to 5A, Region 1 will still have a VERY tough time getting by Region 3 or probably even Region 4.