DB FOOTBALL '08

DBTeepee

Cap, you are wrong about Region 3. They have had teams play Maryville close (yes, I know a loss is a loss) while Region 1 and 2 goes down there and gets waxed. Maryville is head and shoulders above all, but, I think our Region 1 boys would be lucky to finish top 3 in their region the last few years. Motown did have some good teams in 02 and 03, but would not have stayed on the field with them the last few years. Good examples........look at the brackets in 4A the last 3 years. Maryville has had some close calls in the early rounds. One year, beat Rhea Co of Region 4 30-26 in the first round only to wax your Vikings in the semis. Another year had two close calls with Knox. Central and someone from Region 4 before again, waxing your Vikings. My bet is even if Maryville moves up to 5A, Region 1 will still have a VERY tough time getting by Region 3 or probably even Region 4.

First off Tennessee High has only played Maryville one time in the history of the two schools and that was in 2004. That same year Maryville ???waxed??? Rhea Co. 34-0 in the first round and in 06??™ they beat them 41-21, and last year they ???waxed??? Rhea Co. again 42-18 also in the first round??¦so you may need to reread the definition of the word "close". I agree that there have been teams that have played Maryville close, but Rhea Co. from Region 4 hasn??™t been one of them so that's a poor example if you were trying to prove a point. As far as Knox Central is concerned they SHOULD play Maryville close. They're in the same conference and like I said in the earlier post, you would hope that they had some kind of game plan to deal with Maryville??™s system by now. I truly believe that had Maryville been out of the equation South would have cruised through to the Championship game this past year. I??™d be real surprised if you didn??™t agree /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> . It??™s hard to measure how we could do against the rest of the East because of Maryville??™s dominance the last 10 or 11 years. The last so called ???measuring stick??? was back in 1999 when Elizabethton (Jason Witten) played Knox Central. Central only beat them by 3 points. DB was visibly down last year and although I??™m sure some of their fans will disagree, THS was a turnover away from beating them last year. But they did pretty well against the competition out of the Knoxville Chattanooga area.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off Tennessee High has only played Maryville one time in the history of the two schools and that was in 2004. That same year Maryville ???waxed??? Rhea Co. 34-0 in the first round and in 06??™ they beat them 41-21, and last year they ???waxed??? Rhea Co. again 42-18 also in the first round??¦so you may need to reread the definition of the word "close". I agree that there have been teams that have played Maryville close, but Rhea Co. from Region 4 hasn??™t been one of them so that's a poor example if you were trying to prove a point. As far as Knox Central is concerned they SHOULD play Maryville close. They're in the same conference and like I said in the earlier post, you would hope that they had some kind of game plan to deal with Maryville??™s system by now. I truly believe that had Maryville been out of the equation South would have cruised through to the Championship game this past year. I??™d be real surprised if you didn??™t agree /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> . It??™s hard to measure how we could do against the rest of the East because of Maryville??™s dominance the last 10 or 11 years. The last so called ???measuring stick??? was back in 1999 when Elizabethton (Jason Witten) played Knox Central. Central only beat them by 3 points. DB was visibly down last year and although I??™m sure some of their fans will disagree, THS was a turnover away from beating them last year. But they did pretty well against the competition out of the Knoxville Chattanooga area.

You're right, it was Brainerd that lost to them 30-26. They've also had close games with Knox West, Central, and Powell.

I just placed a order for crying towels. If you all will give me your address's I'll have them direct shipped.

4,108 quality posts and counting! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> You keep us on the edge of our seats wondering what will spew from your fountain of wisdom next.

4,108 quality posts and counting! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> You keep us on the edge of our seats wondering what will spew from your fountain of wisdom next.

Thank you VolmanScott.

Did you know that the upcoming Seniors at south hadn't even started the first grade the last time south defeated DB in Football. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Thank you VolmanScott.

Did you know that the upcoming Seniors at south hadn't even started the first grade the last time south defeated DB in Football. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Wow, this info and $3.89 will buy the upcoming Seniors at D-B one whole gallon of gas! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Wow, this info and $3.89 will buy the upcoming Seniors at D-B one whole gallon of gas! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oh, this information is not for the upcoming Seniors at DB, its for you 2 or 3 "homeless" south fans that have pitched a tent on the DB thread. I figured you were here to learn, since we can't take you to school on the field anymore. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Oh, this information is not for the upcoming Seniors at DB, its for you 2 or 3 "homeless" south fans that have pitched a tent on the DB thread. I figured you were here to learn, since we can't take you to school on the field anymore. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Where did you expect us to go? You were in our tent. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" By the way, since I'm here to "learn", can you tell me where I can get a copy of your latest book, 'Waco's guide to being a fair weather fan'? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Where did you expect us to go? You were in our tent. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" By the way, since I'm here to "learn", can you tell me where I can get a copy of your latest book, 'Waco's guide to being a fair weather fan'? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I guess you were not paying attention when I covered that in class. The first thing you have to learn is the definition of "fair weather fan".

Literally, a bandwagon is a wagon which carries the band in a parade, circus or other enterainment.

In sports "bandwagon" is a derogatory term for people who begin flocking to a team after they have achieved success. Fans of successful sporting teams who do not live in the traditional areas of their support are often accused of being "bandwagon" fans or only show a interest in the team when they are performing well. "Bandwagon Fans" are also often called "fairweather fans".

There is your "perfect defination" of a "bandwagon fan"

I never pulled for another team, never "jumped on board" when the team had success. (I was already there) I live just a few blocks away from the school. Have always been a fan win or lose.

I think you are confused about the defination. I hope this helps.

Who will the next fool be? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You might want to start taking notes on this stuff............there will be a test.