Rankings Week 4

mjuhb

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brentwood # 1???????? Based on what....beat 2 teams neither one of which has a winning record. Over Farragut who is still undefeated and Bearden who, so far has won every game and beaten a very good Christian Brothers team!!! Not to mention they just scored 6 goals against a very good Hendersonville team.

Where's the logic??? Please explain....am I missing something here. I would still have Farragut # 1and Bearden a very close #2. Please explain.

Nice job on the rankings. However, I'd have to put Farragut on top until proven wrong in-state. State Champs should always own high spot until de-throned.

there will be no competition, hendersonville will own anyone who stands in the h's way. with the power of alex tummons and patrick kelly and khris varga there is no stopping hendersonville highschool. o and kody turner and eric farrel

Didn't they lose 6-2 to Bearden?

there will be no stopping hendersonville? did bearden absolutely dominate them? i think yes by the score of 6 to 2 and there two goals were both by goalie mistakes.

I saw part of that game and Bearden did dominate for the most part. They pressed the ball well. Hendersonville had some injuries to some key players early on and I heard that they pulled their starters at some point. It looked to me like a hard fought game in the mud and rain. Shonefield worked his magic and had a solid game, despite the mud though. I thought the two back defenders for Hendersonville were strong. Both big and played solid and pressured for much of the game. It will be interesting to see how both teams fare this year with their different styles of play.

Brentwood did not only beat grisson (as previously said the 2nd team in the nation) ut they also beat habersham, and putnam city north. brentwood plays BGA this week as well as some other difficult teams in the hendersonville tournament.

Franklin should be in the top 10 for Middle Tennessee instead of BGA, they beat them 3-0.

Franklin should be in the top 10 for Middle Tennessee instead of BGA, they beat them 3-0.

Your point is well made. Keep playing well and the wins will take care of the rankings. I guess it is hard to rank all these teams when

information is so hard to get on many games. Not making excuses, but soccer info can be difficult to get on a timely basis. Keep playing and

keep ranking...it makes it fun.

Grissom is outside the top twenty in the nation...I dont know what poll you were looking at..They are #25. Christian Brothers, Bearden, Farragut, Baylor are all ranked higher

NSCAA

High School Spring Rankings Boys

National 1st Poll - March 18, 2008 Rank School Prev. W-L-T

1 Harrison (Kennesaw, Ga.) 11 8 - 0 - 0

2 Grissom (Huntsville, Ala.) NR 14 - 0 - 0

3 Spring Valley (Columbia, S.C.) RV 4 - 0 - 0

4 Pasco (Pasco, Wash.) 4 0 - 0 - 0

5 Catholic (Little Rock, Ark.) 8 7 - 0 - 0

6 Thomas Jefferson (Alexandria, Va.) 13 0 - 0 - 0

7 Blacksburg (Blacksburg, Va.) NR 0 - 0 - 0

8 Snohomish (Snohomish, Wash.) NR 0 - 0 - 0

9 Chattahoochee (Alpharetta, Ga.) 20 7 - 0 - 1

10 Van Buren (Van Buren, Ark.) NR 7 - 0 - 0

11 Norman North (Norman, Okla.) NR 3 - 0 - 0

12 Bellarmine Prep (Tacoma, Wash.) NR 0 - 0 - 0

12 Irmo (Columbia, S.C.) NR 7 - 0 - 1

14 Walton (Marietta, Ga.) NR 6 - 1 - 0

15 Riverside (Greer, S.C.) NR 7 - 0 - 0

16 Union (Tulsa, Okla.) 5 3 - 0 - 0

17 Edmond Memorial (Edmond, Okla.) NR 3 - 0 - 0

18 Federal Way (Federal Way, Wash.) 9 0 - 0 - 0

19 Conway (Conway, Ark.) NR 5 - 0 - 0

20 Osbourn Park (Manassas, Va.) NR 0 - 0 - 0

to mightymother... I know that you can't be seriously. Hendersonville is a good team however they did lose to bearden. I witnessed the 2nd half of that game and Hendersonville didnt have some key players I think patrick Kelly and one of their defenders. And to allball... The keeper for hville played well. Two goals were not his fault. If I remember correctly, "showtime" had a breakaway, and #8 had a nice deflection goal. Hville did however sub out starters with roughly 10-15 mins left which I don't see why. But I will agree with broomer, the center backs did play well but bearden just took it to them. Bearden was the better team and didnt have a problem with Hendersonville.

Grissom is outside the top twenty in the nation...I dont know what poll you were looking at..They are #25. Christian Brothers, Bearden, Farragut, Baylor are all ranked higher

MJUHB put the poll i was looking at on there

what poll are you looking at?..if there are two polls that cant be good

Student Sports

1 Harrison Kennesaw GA 11-0-0 1

Harrison has only five regular-season matches, but ends the year with a pair of FAB 50-ranked teams. So far so good for this defending state champion, which has put together a perfect start to the 2008 campaign.

2 Chattahoochee Alpharetta GA 10-0-1 5

Chattahoochee vaults over Blacksburg and into the No. 2 spot since it has a chance to face No. 1 Harrison in the state playoffs. Could it be a pair of undefeated teams battling for the state and national title in early May?

3 Blacksburg Blacksburg VA 1-0-0 4

Blacksburg had no problem with Turner Ashby in its opener, but an upcoming clash with North Stafford has lost a bit of luster following North Stafford's 0-2 start.

4 Edmond Memorial Edmond OK 3-0-0 7

An early win over Broken Arrow helps Edmond Memorial stake a claim to a lofty national ranking.

5 Baylor School Chattanooga TN 2-0-0 8

Baylor has put up 11 goals in two matches. Next up is a date with Maryville in the Bearden Invitational.

6 Yorktown Arlington VA 1-0-0 10

Yorktown opened its season with a 2-1 win over Chantilly.

7 Spring Valley Columbia SC 5-0-0 NR

The top-ranked team in South Carolina has earned its place by pinning the only losses on FAB 50-ranked Lexington and Irmo.

8 Cascade Everett WA 5-0-0 13

Cascade is perfect, but skating on thin ice. The team has won four one-goal matches.

9 Thomas Jefferson Sci & Tech Alexandria VA 2-0-0 14

Wins over Riverbend and Lee help the defending state champs move back into the Top 10.

10 Putnam City North Oklahoma City OK 2-0-0 19

A pair of early wins keeps perennial state title challenger PCN on the move in the FAB 50.

11 Farragut Knoxville TN 3-0-0 16

Farragut's appearance in South Carolina this week will help shape the Southeast Region rankings.

12 Riverside Greer SC 8-0-0 17

The state's 3A No. 1 team could be pushing for a Top 10 ranking next week.

13 Osbourn Park Manassas VA 0-0-0 18

Osbourn Park starts regular-season play this week.

14 North Norman OK 2-0-0 25

Norman North will be in South Carolina this weekend, and possible clashes with top teams from Tennessee and South Carolina could have a major impact on next week's FAB 50.

15 Ankeny Senior Ankeny IA 0-0-0 22

The defending state champs in Iowa begin regular-season play this week.

16 Bearden Knoxville TN 2-0-0 30

Bearden clashes with Christian Brothers this week in a match that will help sort out the AAA and Division II state powers.

17 Westfield Chantilly VA 1-0-0 31

Westfield begins the season as the top-ranked team in The Washington Post.

18 Millard North Omaha NE 3-0-0 29

So much for a down year following last year's perfect run! Millard North is off to a perfect start to begin 2008, including a win over previously favored Millard West.

19 Jenks Jenks OK 2-0-0 37

Jenks' early-season win over Tulsa Union allows for a flip-flop of the top Tulsa programs.

20 Christian Brothers Memphis TN 3-0-0 33

CBHS moves into the Top 25 just in time for a clash with Bearden. The winner will stay in the Top 25 while the loser, likely, will take a tumble.

21 Bellarmine Prep Tacoma WA 4-0-0 42

Bellarmine Prep is averaging just under four goals per match. its defense has surrendered one goal this season.

22 Valley W Des Moines IA 0-0-0 27

West Des Moines is led by Drake signee Michael Thaden.

23 Jordan Sandy UT 4-0-1 41

Jordan's undefeated start has earned it a state No. 1 ranking.

24 Peachtree Ridge Suwanee GA 7-1-0 NR

Peachtree Ridge is the surprise of the Georgia season, earning its first ever appearance in the FAB 50 this week.

25 Grissom Huntsville AL 14-0-0 38

Grissom's perfect start soon will be challenged at the Southern Soccer Challenge, and later against Battleground Academy (Tenn.).

26 Potomac Falls Potomac Falls VA 1-0-0 36

27 Jackson Mill Creek WA 4-0-0 NR

28 Shorewood Shoreline WA 5-0-0 NR

29 Broken Arrow Broken Arrow OK 1-1-0 15

30 Union Tulsa OK 1-1-0 2

31 South Omaha NE 5-0-0 NR

32 Bettendorf Bettendorf IA 0-0-0 34

33 Greater Atlanta Christian Norcross GA 11-1-0 NR

34 St Pius X School Atlanta GA 10-1-0 11

35 Cosby Midlothian VA 2-0-0 40

36 Deep Run Glen Allen VA 0-0-0 44

37 Catholic Little Rock AR 7-0-0 50