Rankings Week 4

mjuhb

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

StudentSports

1 Chattahoochee Alpharetta GA 12-0-1 2

Chattahoochee's bid for an undefeated season will be tested by a playoff system that includes four teams currently in the Top 25.

2 Spring Valley Columbia SC 10-0-0 7

Spring Valley's perfect showing at the Palmetto Cup helps this state's top-ranked team make a strong case for national No. 1.

3 Blacksburg Blacksburg VA 2-0-0 3

Blacksburg tuned up for its tournament this weekend with a second lopsided win over Turner Ashby.

4 Edmond Memorial Edmond OK 4-0-0 4

A slew of surprises involving Oklahoma teams last week leaves undefeated Memorial a clear No. 1 in the state.

5 Bellarmine Prep Tacoma WA 5-0-0 21

A loss by Cascade allowed Bellarmine to vault to No. 1 in the West.

6 Westfield Chantilly VA 4-0-0 17

The preseason top-ranked team in the Washington Post is living up to the billing, so far.

7 Herndon Herndon VA 4-0-1 NR

Herndon pinned only the second loss on defending state champ Thomas Jefferson in two years last week.

8 Farragut Knoxville TN 6-0-1 11

Farragut went undefeated at the Palmetto Cup, but a draw against Eastside (S.C.) kept the team out of the championship chase.

9 Brentwood Brentwood TN 4-0-0 NR

Brentwood's wins over Putnam City North (Okla.) and Grissom (Ala.) help put this program in the national title chase.

10 Harrison Kennesaw GA 12-1-0 1

A loss last week costs Harrison the state and national No. 1 rankings.

11 Riverside Greer SC 10-0-0 12

Riverside is South Carolina's Class 3A top-ranked team. The team has a win over J.L. Mann, a regionally ranked squad.

12 Valley W Des Moines IA 0-0-0 22

Valley's season-opener was delayed by weather last week. However, to stay in order with the coaches state poll, Valley moves in front of Ankeny this week.

13 Jordan Sandy UT 5-0-1 23

Jordan faces Skyline this week in a key district match.

14 Ankeny Senior Ankeny IA 0-0-0 15

Ankeny's scheduled season-opener was delayed by weather.

15 Peachtree Ridge Suwanee GA 9-1-0 24

Peachtree Ridge is slowing making its case as a state title contender in Georgia's large-school classification.

16 Deep Run Glen Allen VA 3-0-1 36

An early season win over Cosby helps vault Deep Run into the Top 25.

17 North Cobb Kennesaw GA 12-1-0 40

North Cobb's only setback is to No. 10 Harrison.

18 Catholic Knoxville TN 5-1-0 NR

Catholic bounced back from an early-season loss to defeat Bearden and Baylor last week.

19 Creighton Prep Omaha NE 5-0-0 41

This one-time state power appears to be back in the title chase in 2008.

20 Bearden Knoxville TN 5-1-0 16

Bearden defeated Christian Brothers, but was stunned by Knoxville Catholic last week.

21 Baylor School Chattanooga TN 4-1-0 5

Baylor was upset by Knoxville Catholic, which took out a pair of Top 25 teams last week.

22 Broken Arrow Broken Arrow OK 3-1-0 29

Broken Arrow's only setback is a PK loss to Edmond Memorial.

23 Christian Brothers Memphis TN 6-1-0 20

Christian Brothers was bounced from the list of undefeateds with a loss to Bearden.

24 Grissom Huntsville AL 19-1-0 25

Grissom's perfect start was slowed in a loss to Brentwood (Tenn.).

25 Putnam City North Oklahoma City OK 4-1-0 10

PCN's undefeated start ended with a loss to Brentwood (Tenn.