VAN BUREN CO COACHING JOB

PETES

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 3Ball

That can't be true.Coach whited got out of Sparta because he had no talent coming up.I know Sparta has more talent than Spencer. Bibb will do just fine without him.But I know he not going.

Posted by 3Ball:

That can't be true.Coach whited got out of Sparta because he had no talent coming up.I know Sparta has more talent than Spencer. Bibb will do just fine without him.But I know he not going.

IF WHITED HELPS, IT WILL BE VOLUNTARY. HE IS NOT EMPLOYED BY THE VAN BUREN COUNTY SCHOOL SYSTEM. PERSONALLY, I HOPE HE DOES COME ON UP AND HELP OUT. HIS KNOWLEDGE OF THE GAME IS SECOND TO NONE. HOWEVER, I AM TIRED OF THIS SPENCER, SPARTA GRIPE. WE HIRED BIBB FROM LIVINGSTON, NOT SPARTA. WE GAVE HIM THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE A HEAD COACH AND I AM SURE HE WILL DO A GREAT JOB WITH THE POSITION. HE AND HIS WIFE ARE SUPER PEOPLE AND WE ARE LUCKY TO HAVE HIM HERE. I ONLY HOPE THE BOYS WILL LISTEN AND WORK WITH HIM. IF THEY DO, ONLY GOOD THINGS WILL COME :rolleyes:

Coach Bibbs is a good coach, sparta having more talent than us? You do have a right to your own opinion. I do admit Sparta use to have better talent. Only one i see right now is Seth England, he is going to be a good ball player from my pt of view. Sam Agee was also a good player, but now he is gone. But there are so many ppl on here from sparta that get on coacht and cry about everything. Sparta will have a dead time, you can't expect a school to win every year. The upcoming 8th graders and freshman, will be the top notch team when they become jrs and srs. Oh and the remark about Coach Whited leaving.... Let him do his own talking on here, nobody has the right to speak for him on here. Now i know someone on here is going to get on here and make smart remarks because they think their big and bad on the msg boards. I guess thats just how some people are though.

Bibb is a excellent coach. He has won at everywhere he has been. Van Buren is fortunate to hire such a quality coach and person. Livingston and Spartas loss is Van Burens gain. Hope you hold on to him because Kentucky schools are very interested. Todd County Central is where Bibb played high school ball, before playing at Tech. He has some quality experience behind him. Good luck Greg.

Anyone who thinks Coach Whited was not a good coach is either has some personal issue against him or just doesn't know basketball to well. I'm sorry but that is just the truth. I mean sure he had Jolly, Gribble, and Austin. Look at what he did though. The teams he beat that were so much more talented top to bottom starting 5. I'm talking Cleveland, Pearl Cohn, Columbia, and all the teams at the King Cotton Christmas tournament. I mean i'm talking names like Yarborough, Slay, Henderson, Ware, and numerous major D-1 players at the King Cotton Tourney. Which Joe Johnson played at and for those who don't know he stared at Arkansa for 2 years before jumping to the NBA and being the 12th overrall pick. If that isn't good enough though and you still think that Whited rode his talent to all his wins. Then explain to me how he made it to the sub-state his first year? What talent did he ride that year? Jolly and Gribble were freshman and Gribble didn't even dress varsity. They ended up loosing in the sub-state to Brainard who had C.J. Black, Harris Walker, and Johnny Goodman. Brainard won by 9 I think. I mean how did Whited do that? Of course Whited had good players but what state championship team hasn't had good players? How many teams have won back to back titles. I know its not that many especially in recent history. I know Science Hill in the early 90's but who else? Just one more thing, if Whited wasn't that good a coach then how come coaches from across the state would come to White Co. to speak with him and try to get some pointers. Don't say they didn't cause I was there. I just thought I would make that point cause I've had enough of people saying he wasn't a good coach. That is so crazy. Oh yeah I just can't help but ask about that year after Jolly and Gribble were gone and White County was left for dead and they won 25 games? Just curious :D